What's new

Should India Make It's Case for Any Reprisals in the UN Security Council

^^^ Please stop merely cutting and pasting wiki, and also add some comments so we know what you are getting at.

If you are suggesting that the marriage indicates that DI is in Pakistan, that is pretty flimsy evidence, especially since the Walim or something was held in Dubai. Why not hold the entire thing in Pakistan if he was there. Why couldn't he be in the Mid East somewhere.

I just listened to an interview of Pakistani Ambassador to the US Haqqani on our "Lehrer Report" on our Public TV Channel. From what he said, the US has begun to share it's electronic intercept intelligence regarding the Mumbai attack with both India and Pakistan. Mr. Haqqani said that Pakistan appreciated the "unbiased", technically-based intelligence data and would take it into account in deciding what to do about persons and organizations in Pakistan that may have contributed to the attack. He seemed to be saying that the evidence just now being presented to his government was the first that they felt was credible and actionable, as opposed to the hearsay "press reports" coming out of the Indian media. So, maybe Pakistan is going to accept the "arbitration" of the US intelligence people instead of going to theUN?

DAWN
Tuesday, December 02, 2008

India may take Mumbai attacks to UN council
By Iftikhar Gilani

NEW DELHI: India may take the Mumbai terror attacks to the United Nations (UN) Security Council if Pakistan does not take “appropriate steps against those who planned and mounted the attacks from its soil”, according to an Indian all-party meeting – with new Home Minister Palaniappan Chidambaram vowing to respond to the attacks with ‘determination and resolve’.

A sort of consensus emerged at the five-hour meeting at Prime Minister’s House on Sunday night that the government should hand the Pakistani high commissioner a demarche setting a time limit for his government to take action. Leaders said if the move was not followed by an ‘appropriate response’, India should take the issue to the UN Security Council as a ‘punitive measure against Pakistan’ – with the idea to invoke the UN resolution on terrorism, according to sources.

I do not believe India should take this matter to the UN. I consider UN to be imcompetent in solving any problems, has been thoroughly enept to solve basic problems, and corrupted. It is one of the useless organization that was every created.

This is India battle, and I believe that India has to take care of it self to solve it's own problem by increasing internal security and dealing with Pakistan in future. Just like the mind set of United States changed after 9/11. India has to do likewise.

Should we go and take the case to reprise the reprisal, then?

They will probably tell India to wait in line, it can't come to the UN with longstanding unheeded UN resolutions.

I just listened to an interview of Pakistani Ambassador to the US Haqqani on our "Lehrer Report" on our Public TV Channel. From what he said, the US has begun to share it's electronic intercept intelligence regarding the Mumbai attack with both India and Pakistan. Mr. Haqqani said that Pakistan appreciated the "unbiased", technically-based intelligence data and would take it into account in deciding what to do about persons and organizations in Pakistan that may have contributed to the attack. He seemed to be saying that the evidence just now being presented to his government was the first that they felt was credible and actionable, as opposed to the hearsay "press reports" coming out of the Indian media. So, maybe Pakistan is going to accept the "arbitration" of the US intelligence people instead of going to theUN?

Good news.

Hopefully the GoP goes through with its pledge on punishing the perpetrators, no matter who they be.

Last edited:
Well that is good and i hope the Americans can come up with something good.:)

Back
Top Bottom