What's new

Shocking!!Thousands of muslim children in the UK being taught to chop hands off!!

What are your thoughts on the article and whether such 'schools' are compatible with the western value set?

Nothing is out of the ordinary. Corporal punishment is all over the old testament and in many case far more drastic. That the West has moved on from it is the issue on hand, Islam and Muslims are not shy about saying what their beliefs are and sticking to them.

As to the point about the reprehensible qualities of Jews are concerned, I think its misplaced to ask kids that question as a question on the homework or a test, however Islam's holy book is quite clear on the issues faced by Israelites and the repercussions of their actions resulting in punishment from the Almighty (and the issues that Quran highlights are spoken to in the old testament as well and most Christians have a similar view on the challenges, acts and the punishment of the Israelites). So I would say asking them these sort of questions may be misplaced, but the idea is that some of their actions caused the Almighty to be displeased and Muslims are told not to follow along in that path. This is not the most PC thing to say nowadays, but it is a matter of faith.

So in my mind the issue really comes down to bashing Islam. Should Muslim kids not be taught that their religion sanctions strict punishment for those who steal and pillage? How is that any different than other countries where death penalty is in effect and the children know that for killing another human, the punishment is death?

Not much of a difference. Our kids are being taught about their religion and as long as it stays this way its fine (barring the conspiracy theories around zionist expansion etc.), now if someone tried to impose this way of life on others while living in the West, it would be a huge problem of imposition and I personally have an issue with that.

The recent ruling in Ok, USA was unnecessary. Muslims have not asked for Sharia ruling in civil courts in the United States and Islamic injunctions are quite clear that when a Muslim is in non-Muslim lands, he has to abide by local laws. So this is all hysteria and propaganda aimed at Muslims in my view.

The issue of teaching about zionist conspiracy is a problem in their curriculum. It has very little to do with Sharia or anything else in Islam. I am sure some cultural and political influences are at play with regards to this aspect.

One last point. The very same investigative journalists should head over to some of the traditional Jewish schools (Yeshivas etc.) all over New York. They are bound to find a lot of puritanical and fundamentalist lessons being taught to the Jewish Children as well. However since there is no juice in this story, nobody will bother.

Last edited:
Nothing is out of the ordinary. Corporal punishment is all over the old testament and in many case far more drastic. That the West has moved on from it is the issue on hand, Islam and Muslims are not shy about saying what their beliefs are and sticking to them.

As to the point about the reprehensible qualities of Jews are concerned, I think its misplaced to ask kids that question as a question on the homework or a test, however Islam's holy book is quite clear on the issues faced by Israelites and the repercussions of their actions resulting in punishment from the Almighty (and the issues that Quran highlights are spoken to in the old testament as well and most Christians have a similar view on the challenges, acts and the punishment of the Israelites). So I would say asking them these sort of questions may be misplaced, but the idea is that some of their actions caused the Almighty to be displeased and Muslims are told not to follow along in that path. This is not the most PC thing to say nowadays, but it is a matter of faith.

So in my mind the issue really comes down to bashing Islam. Should Muslim kids not be taught that their religion sanctions strict punishment for those who steal and pillage? How is that any different than other countries where death penalty is in effect and the children know that for killing another human, the punishment is death?

Not much of a difference. Our kids are being taught about their religion and as long as it stays this way its fine (barring the conspiracy theories around zionist expansion etc.), now if someone tried to impose this way of life on others while living in the West, it would be a huge problem of imposition and I personally have an issue with that.

The recent ruling in Ok, USA was unnecessary. Muslims have not asked for Sharia ruling in civil courts in the United States and Islamic injunctions are quite clear that when a Muslim is in non-Muslim lands, he has to abide by local laws. So this is all hysteria and propaganda aimed at Muslims in my view.

The issue of teaching about zionist conspiracy is a problem in their curriculum. It has very little to do with Sharia or anything else in Islam. I am sure some cultural and political influences are at play with regards to this aspect.

One last point. The very same investigative journalists should head over to some of the traditional Jewish schools (Yeshivas etc.) all over New York. They are bound to find a lot of puritanical and fundamentalist lessons being taught to the Jewish Children as well. However since there is no juice in this story, nobody will bother.

There are many conservative muslims who believe that muslims should not submit to any law but the law of God as enunciated in the Sharia. One could argue that its a 'matter of faith' and there is no harm in teaching children this but do you not agree that such a position would be immediately incompatible with the whole western way of life and lead to such children rejecting western institutions when they grow up? Education plays a crucial role in determining the kind of values that children internalise and cultivating such attitudes will only lead to further estrangement of Muslims from mainstream western society in the long term (or in the case of Pakistan, further conflict between segments of society keen to embrace western values of democracy and liberalism and those that seek to reject them)

Personally I consider this further evidence of the insidious attempt by the house of Saud to promote their brand of political Islam across the world as part their faustian pact with the Wahabbis. The only solution to this would be a grassroots reform movement among 'mainstream' muslims resulting in a rejection of political Islam and the firm relegation of religion to the personal domain...or Saudi oil running out:azn:

I sense a growing realisation among many muslims of the dangers of Saudi Islam but I feel the community's deep mistrust of the West hampers any attempts at reformation, which are swiftly dismissed by the 'opinion makers' (who are almost always radical) as western conspiracies to corrupt Islam..plus the fact that the Saudis are considered the 'keepers of the faith' and the US reluctance to denounce the Saudis do not help matters either..

Interestingly, there was a brief segment on Yeshivas in a BBC series on the 'History of the Bible' on TV not that long ago. IIRC, they are taught a fair share of the usual rubbish about Jews being the 'chosen people' etc but there did not appear to be the kind of hate filled rhetoric against other faiths found in the Saudi curriculum (maybe 'cause the Talmud predates Islam)

There are many conservative muslims who believe that muslims should not submit to any law but the law of God as enunciated in the Sharia. One could argue that its a 'matter of faith' and there is no harm in teaching children this but do you not agree that
PHP:
such a position would be immediately incompatible with the whole western way of life and lead to such children rejecting western institutions when they grow up?
Education plays a crucial role in determining the kind of values that children internalise and cultivating such attitudes will only lead to further estrangement of Muslims from mainstream western society in the long term (or in the case of Pakistan, further conflict between segments of society keen to embrace western values of democracy and liberalism and those that seek to reject them)

Personally I consider this further evidence of the insidious attempt by the house of Saud to promote their brand of political Islam across the world as part their faustian pact with the Wahabbis. The only solution to this would be a grassroots reform movement among 'mainstream' muslims resulting in a rejection of political Islam and the firm relegation of religion to the personal domain...or Saudi oil running out:azn:

PHP:
I sense a growing realisation among many muslims of the dangers of Saudi Islam
but I feel the community's deep mistrust of the West hampers any attempts at reformation, which are swiftly dismissed by the 'opinion makers' (who are almost always radical) as western conspiracies to corrupt Islam..plus the fact that the Saudis are considered the 'keepers of the faith' and the US reluctance to denounce the Saudis do not help matters either..

Interestingly, there was a brief segment on Yeshivas in a BBC series on the 'History of the Bible' on TV not that long ago. IIRC, they are taught a fair share of the usual rubbish about Jews being the 'chosen people' etc but there did not appear to be the kind of hate filled rhetoric against other faiths found in the Saudi curriculum (maybe 'cause the Talmud predates Islam)

You feel,you consider and you sense.That is only what you doing.Now let me tell you something buddy.There is no such thing as argument in religion called Islam.The rules are very clear cut given by Almighty.That is why when a non muslim like you makes an argument about Islam he doesn't actually know what Islam is.
The problem you are facing here or making is by looking at the people.
So piece of advice here for you is that first read what Islam says.Its is pointless and a waste of time for you as you directly pointing out towards cast in the people which people created for themselves and not the religion.If you read about Islam I am sure all your confusions will vaporize.That is another matter if you don't want to.

There is no special age at which you start learning Islam. Chopping hands off is undisputed punishment for theft. Its good children are learning that so they would refrain from stealing when they grow up.

Stop spreading hate against Islam, its a wonderful religion by Allah for humans and not religion by humans for humans. Understand it before you do any propaganda.

There is no special age at which you start learning Islam. Chopping hands off is undisputed punishment for theft. Its good children are learning that so they would refrain from stealing when they grow up.

Stop spreading hate against Islam, its a wonderful religion by Allah for humans and not religion by humans for humans. Understand it before you do any propaganda.

They are teaching the kids HOW to chop off a hand. That's totally different than what you're referring to.

Wonder where you get your fine words from. First come back to your country and set things right of you are so concerned.

Well i am not whining about how it is in another country. How many female fetuses are aborted in preference of a male is beyond shocking in India. The shocked Indian posters seems be indifferent to these mind boggling numbers of abortions.

Do a better house keeping before lecturing others.

Well i am not whining about how it is in another country. How many female fetuses are aborted in preference of a male is beyond shocking in India. The shocked Indian posters seems be indifferent to these mind boggling numbers of abortions.

Do a better house keeping before lecturing others.

What is wrong with abortions?

Unlike the glorious model for all Asian countries, Bangladesh, we are trying to lower our population growth rate, not increase it.

I just haven't figured out as to why Muslims in England are far more radicalized than any other place in the western world. The UK government seriously needs to curb down on these guys

I just haven't figured out as to why Muslims in England are far more radicalized than any other place in the western world. The UK government seriously needs to curb down on these guys
Because they are lazy and losers, living on govt aid. They don't strive for betterment of living condition. Majority of slums are developed by Muslims,who been settled their over a century.
They point finger at west of their failures. They have non quality of true muslims. They are not muslims according to Quranic description.
They are LOSERS.

Actually I think its quite the reverse. The issue is that the west has moved on and Muslims haven't. Is it any wonder then why a post-modern, liberal society has trouble digesting a value system that at times can come across as a tad bit 'archaic'.

As to the point about the reprehensible qualities of Jews are concerned, I think its misplaced to ask kids that question as a question on the homework or a test,

I think the views expressed are a lot more than just 'misplaced'. This is the 21st century after all so I'm sure we can all agree that they're downright anti-Semitic and have absolutely no place in an open society.

however Islam's holy book is quite clear on the issues faced by Israelites and the repercussions of their actions resulting in punishment from the Almighty (and the issues that Quran highlights are spoken to in the old testament as well and most Christians have a similar view on the challenges, acts and the punishment of the Israelites). So I would say asking them these sort of questions may be misplaced, but the idea is that some of their actions caused the Almighty to be displeased and Muslims are told not to follow along in that path. This is not the most PC thing to say nowadays, but it is a matter of faith.

I've never heard of Christian children in the states or anywhere else in the west for that matter being taught about the 'reprehensible characteristics of jews'.

This is clearly beyond politically incorrect blain, you know that. The Saudis can 'educate' their kids anyway they like, but in a multicultural society this sort of message is absolutely unacceptable and can't be construed as anything but hate speech.

So in my mind the issue really comes down to bashing Islam.

An article about what Muslim kids are learning in Sunday school is 'Islamophobic' but the curriculum is simply 'misplaced'?

Should Muslim kids not be taught that their religion sanctions strict punishment for those who steal and pillage? How is that any different than other countries where death penalty is in effect and the children know that for killing another human, the punishment is death?

The punishments can only be seen as (for lack of a better word) barbaric. 'Cruel and unusual punishments' as they are called have been illegal in the states almost since its inception from what I know, I'm not entirely sure about the UK but I'm sure maiming people has been illegal for an extremely long time. Nonetheless, I guess kids can be taught that if its for religious reasons. More disconcertingly however, these guys were actually given detailed diagrams as to how to chop someone's hand off. That, once again, is unacceptable.

Teaching kids about their religion is fine. I am a firm believer in god, not so much in religion, but that's just my perspective. I don't care who's doing what but given the diversity of modern society I think its up to all of us to respect and accommodate each others beliefs. The focus should be on creating a cooperative and cohesive society rather than one where a particular group(s) is targeted/singled out. Its society that defines religion (yes, it is, ex. Turkey) not the other way around so certain aspects as we discussed here certainly do need to be addressed. It is therefore up to the Muslim community to promote cultural awareness and address assimilation in a more proactive manner.

Durran had asked why such things tend to occur only in the UK and not in say the states or Canada. Its simple, English society is a lot more segregated and most Muslim immigrants are from our part of the world so that makes assimilating into English society that much harder given our history and such.

Agreed, I don't even know where that came from. This is a genuine case of Islam bashing.

The Saudis of course.

I think somebody has addressed this part of your post.

Last edited:

Because they are lazy and losers, living on govt aid. They don't strive for betterment of living condition. Majority of slums are developed by Muslims,who been settled their over a century.
They point finger at west of their failures. They have non quality of true muslims. They are not muslims according to Quranic description.
They are LOSERS.

Haider, I would be wary of condemning a whole community as 'lazy and losers' but I would agree that the Muslims (primarily Pakistani) in the UK are amongst the least socially mobile of the immigrant communities in the UK. There is certainly a tendency among Muslims in the West to self segregate and form 'ghettos' leading the community on a downward spiral of poverty and deprivation.

I have had the benefit of observing this phenomena in action in different parts of the country over the years. I used to visit family in Birmingham regularly over the years and have been surprised by the changing ethnic character of certain neighbourhoods in that city in recent times. In addition to white flight from inner city Birmingham, one finds that the Pakistani community has remained stuck along with the blacks in some of the poorest parts of the city whilst the Indians have steadily encroached into the more well off white neighbourhoods. One can observe a similar trend in parts of East and West London, where many Indians have left to be replaced by poorer communities of Somalis whilst the Pakistanis have stayed put. This is also true of other European cities, especially in Spain and Italy, where migration from the subcontinent is a relatively recent phenomena (i.e.large Muslim communities living in deprived neighbourhoods)

In the UK, children from Pakistani and Bangladeshi backgrounds do poorly at school, both communities has very poor rates of labour market participation and are under represented in professional occupations (I work in one of the 'top three' professions and have had very few Pakistani and no Bangladeshi colleagues over the years)Whilst it is tempting to attribute the relative failure of Muslim communities in the UK (Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, Somalis alike) to prosper to fewer opportunities due to institutional racism and discrimination, it certainly appears to have affected them disproportionally to, say, the Indians or the Chinese. It may well be that there were fundamental differences among the original immigrant communities making any direct comparison tricky but both Pakistani and Bangladeshi communities have had two generations to get their act together but appear to have failed miserably.

Given the long history of migration from the subcontinent to these shores, I think UK can be considered a 'test case', that provides an indication of how Muslim immigrant communities may fare in other Western societies.

At the risk of sounding cliched, I believe the above is the result of not just economic but also cultural segregation, both of which exist in a sort of a vicious cycle, that muslim communities in the West have to some extent chosen to impose on themselves. They have in some ways made the choice not to participate in Western society whilst living in it, which I believe is largely due to the widespread culturally and religiously informed mistrust of the West in the community. I remember coming across a 'Muslim Trade Directory' listing all Muslim owned businesses in the city in Birmingham a few years ago which was being widely circulated in the community with the suggestion that Muslims only do business with their own. For political Islam to thrive, it needs to portray the struggle that took place between early Muslims and Jews/Polytheists in a contemporary context and I feel such ideas of 'otherness' and 'perpetual strife' are being constantly reinforced among muslims in the West by forces inimical to the West who exert enormous control over the community through mosques and other cultural institutions.

Check this video to see how Wahhabis have taken over the biggest mosques in the UK. Note that the MCB, which Paladin was banding about as a reformist organisation, is one of the patrons of the Green Mosque

Dispatches - Undercover Mosque

The spread of radicalism among Muslims in the UK is not to be underestimated..A survey by Channel 4 a few years ago found that over 25% of UK muslims consider 7/7 to have been an 'inside job' despite martyrdom videos of the bombers..

And this insidious subversion eventually leads to a rejection of Western state and values, resulting in this..

and increasing friction with other communities and ultimate segregation of society. Check out how this is playing out in Blackburn, Lancashire, North England

I don`t know how this is all going to end (probably badly for the West unless Muslims wake up soon and tackle extremists in their midst) but my immediate concern is the potential for radicalised British Muslim youth to carry out acts of terror across the world with little hindrance due to the freedom of movement the burgundy passport affords them..

I am sure you would agree that most of what I have mentioned above is also relevant to Pakistan and other countries that are currently witnessing a struggle between political Islam and Western values and systems of governance.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is probably one of the best answers I have read on this forum.. pretty accurate and spot on.. I've met my share of Pakistani losers who don't mingle with anyone other than themselves which in my opinion is kind of sad given that you have a wonderful opportunity to interact with many different people from around the world. The sad thing is I know two people who used to be pretty liberal in Pakistan but when they went abroad they became somewhat of an orthodox religious Hizb-ut-Tehrir numbnuts.... and most of those people are serious social outcasts....

Should Muslim kids not be taught that their religion sanctions strict punishment for those who steal and pillage? How is that any different than other countries where death penalty is in effect and the children know that for killing another human, the punishment is death?
It appears that in your mind educating a kid of 6 year old about the 'strict punishment for those who steal and pillage' and teaching the same 6 year old how to go about enforcing that punishment by chopping off the thiefs' or pillagers' hand, are same.

I do not know how many parents teach their children of 6 that punishment for killing another human being is death, but I am pretty certain that when they do impart that 'invaluable' lesson they don't teach them how tie a noose around a human beings neck and hang him/her, or shoot him/her, as the case maybe.

The argument is beyond bizarre.

That is probably one of the best answers I have read on this forum.. pretty accurate and spot on.. I've met my share of Pakistani losers who don't mingle with anyone other than themselves which in my opinion is kind of sad given that you have a wonderful opportunity to interact with many different people from around the world. The sad thing is I know two people who used to be pretty liberal in Pakistan but when they went abroad they became somewhat of an orthodox religious Hizb-ut-Tehrir numbnuts.... and most of those people are serious social outcasts....

Thanks Durran;)

Maybe you have a different experience in Canada but this 'reversion to orthodoxy' is not unique to the Pakistani community in the UK and can be observed to a more limited extent in some other non Muslim communities , for instance, recent arrivals from India are often surprised at how traditional some 2nd generation Indians are. I suppose when one arrives in an foreign country and is exposed to very alien and often unpleasant experiences, its natural for some individuals to reach for the safety blanket of familiar cultural and religious themes from back home, rather like the use of transitional objects by children. However I believe that for a community to progress towards wholesome integration, they should be willing to let go of some of their traditional values and belief systems whilst retaining those that are central to their identity. Indian communities in the UK mostly define themselves along regional and linguistic lines, for instance, Punjabis, both Hindu and Sikh, retain a strong sense of kinship whilst Gujaratis from East Africa regardless of their religion strongly identify with their region of origin. This allows communities to build a self validating narrative of their collective journey to an alien culture without bringing them into conflict with the indigenous culture.

I think Muslim communities in the UK , rather than remaining Pakistani, Bangladeshi or Somali as they would have back in their homelands, have chosen to define themselves primarily along religious lines which I believe is the fundamental reason why they have found it so hard to integrate and have led to them remaining firmly under the thumb of the Wahhabis due to the long list of perceived 'grievances' against the state.

What is really disturbing about the Wahhabist rhetoric against the Jews/Christians or Kuffars in general is how it repeatedly attempts to 'dehumanise' the latter by drawing comparisons with animals (pigs etc in the undercover mosque programme) or perpetuating extremely racist stereotypes (devious racially inferior Hindus/Jews etc), just as the Nazi regime did to the Jews before embarking on the 'final solution'.They have obviously worked out that it would always be easier to get the Muslim population to hate the 'enemy' once they cease to attribute any positive human qualities to them. I suddenly have visions of Saudi clerics holed up in some palace in Saudi pouring over Goebble's Die Zeit Ohne Beispiel:what:

I think the UK government has made the fatal flaw of leaving the Muslim community ,which through passive indifference has allowed radical elements to dominate the popular discourse within the community, to police itself due to the fear of offending sensibilities. I think the government must be more proactive and upfront in counteracting the threat as using proxies within the community has been shown to only breed resentment and raise suspicion about its motives. I think they should start by encouraging an honest debate on the issue within the community, whilst taking care to prevent the likes BNP from taking advantage of it, and should not shy away from getting its hands dirty in the process.

Although not a very good analogy, there may be some lessons to be learned in this respect from the useful work the Brazilians are doing in the favelas of Rio...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/11/world/americas/11brazil.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=favelas&st=cse

FT.com / Reports - Crime: The problem of violence no longer seems intractable

There are many conservative muslims who believe that muslims should not submit to any law but the law of God as enunciated in the Sharia. One could argue that its a 'matter of faith' and there is no harm in teaching children this but do you not agree that such a position would be immediately incompatible with the whole western way of life and lead to such children rejecting western institutions when they grow up? Education plays a crucial role in determining the kind of values that children internalise and cultivating such attitudes will only lead to further estrangement of Muslims from mainstream western society in the long term (or in the case of Pakistan, further conflict between segments of society keen to embrace western values of democracy and liberalism and those that seek to reject them)

I sense a growing realisation among many muslims of the dangers of Saudi Islam but I feel the community's deep mistrust of the West hampers any attempts at reformation, which are swiftly dismissed by the 'opinion makers' (who are almost always radical) as western conspiracies to corrupt Islam..plus the fact that the Saudis are considered the 'keepers of the faith' and the US reluctance to denounce the Saudis do not help matters either..

A few thousand kids are being taught the Saudi wahibism. Whats the big deal about it ? If the Brits don't like it. They can shut these schools down. Point is they just can't do that.

In comes BBC with their stories to create the public support.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom