What's new

Shoaib was a problem and remains a problem: Akram

King123

Reaction score
Shoaib was a problem and remains a problem: Akram

MUMBAI: Former Pakistan captain Wasim Akram on Saturday ridiculed Shoaib Akhtar and his controversial autobiography, which has made several tall claims, saying that the pacer was a "problem" when he was an active player and remains just that even in retirement.

Akram pooh-poohed Shoaib's claims of making Sachin Tendulkar uncomfortable with his pace in the Faisalabad Test in 2006 and also rejected some of the other allegations he has made in the book titled 'Controversially Yours'.

"I remember one of Sachin's knocks in the Sialkot Test. It was the fourth Test and the wicket had lot of grass, I was 22 and Waqar was 19 and we were very fast," Akram recalled.

"Waqar hit him on his chin and he came back after taking treatment and scored a 50. If a 16-year-old can't be scared, I don't think any batsman can be scared. It hardly matters what Shoaib says," Akram said.

Akram said Shoaib, who was a controversial figure all through his playing career, was just trying to sell his book with tall claims and also rejected allegations that he tried to destroy the tearaway pacer's career.

"Whatever the Pakistan Cricket Board says, I am with them. He was a problem when he was in the team and he is a problem when he is out of the team," Akram said.

"He knows, I know and the world knows that he was himself responsible for destroying his career. There is a lot to talk but I don't want to humiliate him. There is an unwritten code among players that some facts should not be revealed before the media," he warned.

"You guys (media) will ensure that his book is a bestseller," he said.

Talking about Indian cricket, Akram said Mahendra Singh Dhoni's men should brace up for tough times ahead when they tour Australia later this year as fast and bouncy wickets await them Down Under.

"The Australia tour will be challenging for India and they should expect bouncy wickets," he said.

Akram also advocated the resumption of bilateral cricket ties between India and Pakistan.

"I am in favour of sporting ties between India and Pakistan. If players of these countries do well against each other, they can do well against anyone," he said.

Shoaib was a problem and remains a problem: Akram - The Times of India

"I remember one of Sachin's knocks in the Sialkot Test. It was the fourth Test and the wicket had lot of grass, I was 22 and Waqar was 19 and we were very fast," Akram recalled.

"Waqar hit him on his chin and he came back after taking treatment and scored a 50. If a 16-year-old can't be scared, I don't think any batsman can be scared. It hardly matters what Shoaib says," Akram said.

:cheers: :cheers:

i don't feel angry on shoaib's statements because these are simple tactics used by him to make his books get sold in india , even gilchrist had done something similar .......deep inside he would be knowing well , that how good batsman sachin is.

Nothing wrong with Shoaib`s book , its a known fact that

Wasim Akram , kicked out Waqar Younis out of Pakistani team for 1-2 years , so he would take more wickets
and similarly he was not inclined to give Shoaib Aktar a chance

A leader must be charismatic , strong , and wants to wins , and these were all traits present in Shoaib Aktar but he was never made team captain

I agree 100% with Shoaib`s analysis that Dravid is better cricketer then Tandulkar ever was

Maze ki baat is that Wasim said this about his former teammate in Sachin's hometown. ;)

Nothing wrong with Shoaib`s book , its a known fact that

Wasim Akram , kicked out Waqar Younis out of Pakistani team for 1-2 years , so he would take more wickets
and similarly he was not inclined to give Shoaib Aktar a chance

A leader must be charismatic , strong , and wants to wins , and these were all traits present in Shoaib Aktar but he was never made team captain

I agree 100% with Shoaib`s analysis that Dravid is better cricketer then Tandulkar ever was
blasphemy ! :D talking against god of cricket :D

got a question, why shoiab had to launch his biography in India and that too Mumbai ? right now wasim bhai and shoiab both are in India doing tu tu mai mai against eachother, both pakistani fighting each other just for the sake of money?

Now all the supporters of the other side in yesterdays threads shift to the next side...

come on ...lane change in progress. bash shoaib.

I mean a player has a opinion who he thinks is harder batsmen and it should be respected , and as for Wasim Akram well we know he was a controlling person in team , and he even kicked out Waqar Younis so his wickets would not be more then his

Shoaib was just a kid then all the item in Shoaib`s book is pretty much dead on , stright talking shoaib said it like it is ...PCB is crook and in business you should always look for your interest and not take advice from owners of IPL as they will smooth talk you to sign a smaller contract

Butt terms Akhtar’s claims as “bullshit”

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Ijaz Butt has hit back at Shoaib Akhtar’s claims in his autobiography, terming them as “bullshit” and threatening legal action.

The book “Controversially Yours”, according to Butt could hamper the renewal of cricketing ties between India and Pakistan.

Butt also criticized Akhtar for launching his book in India and seeking “cheap publicity” by taking shots at Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid.

“We are trying so hard to bridge the gap with India. In these times such bullshit is totally uncalled for,” said Butt adding that the retired bowler may face legal action upon his return to Pakistan.

”He ( Shoaib Akhtar) is talking nonsense and should be rebuffed by the people of India. We will give an official statement, on Saturday, saying everything that he has said in his book is bullshit. There is not an iota of truth in it. He has caused us enough trouble as a player and the misery continues even now,” Butt told TOI.

Butt terms Akhtar’s claims as

Back
Top Bottom