What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

You don't read Chinese?? (I thought you were Chinese......)

It said

(We) need to be careful to modify the original design, the Russian Sukhoi Design Bureau first developed Su-27KI in use with Type 1153 Nuclear power Aircraft Carrier in 1971. The Aircraft (Su-27KI) was equipped with landing gear designed to be catapulted off the aircraft carrier, however, due to the fail development of steam catapult, The Type 1153 Aircraft Carrier was cancelled and the Su-27KI development was also terminated in 1978, until today, the Su-27KI concept reborn as J-15T (Eject).

Thanks for the translate.

I presume that the Russians have moved on to a CATOBAR-capable MiG-29K concept for their future vessels, however far off into the future they may be.

The lost of three Chinese pilots is very normal during China learning how to operate A.C and J-15 ... as long as China Navy having A.Cs on the sea, no doubt there will be more casualties as many as U.S Navy had during past half-century, Did American avoid thousand casualties on the A.C deck or in training ? NO.

J-15 is a good fighter for PLAN, better than nothing ... it's China 1st-gen carrier-borne jet fighter, without first there no next, the J-15 keep going.
My point in post 1150 was not about China's loss of three pilots. Of course there will be casualties and I told you guys that yrs ago.

Post 1150 was about the PDF Chinese.

I challenged ALL of you to find that contradiction in that janes.com article. None of you could.

bfb71f65gw1f7u4p4b4ptj20j20aqjrn.jpg

Is it confirmed?
Shall be. It is all the while waiting for a more powerful thrust of engine that competitive with the west, not just in terms of reliabilities, lifespan. J-10C, J-20, J-15 are all waiting for this babies. If you see it's on it. Very likely is the rumour WS-10B. Saw on fyjs claimed it will debut this year.

All the PLAAF I mention require more powerful thrust of engine. J-11B, J-11BS and J-16 do not require that much power thrust of engine. Therefore WS-10A are install on those.

Wait, it is one engine?
Both not one. Military spec requirement.

By the way .. are there any news regarding the J-15S ??

The major discrepancy between the J-15A and the earlier J-15 series would be the addition of an AESA radar. This would immensely augment its tactical versatility given the limited range of combat air patrols that it could undertake.

Back
Top Bottom