What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

Rather than build a catapult carrier, IMO a bigger ski jump carrier is better. I don't trust the reliability of catapults.
There will be a cat launch in new ac, many think that 001 should have a ski ramp and a cat, that may actually reflect that they are sharing your concern regarding reliability of a cat.

Remember the first unit of a product is always having problems, and any solution found in fixing that problems will be apply to all subsequent units. Thus 001A or 002 will be a better ship. Thus even if you dont think cat is reliable, you still have to have it, for future sake. Even CV Liaoning will have many problems in operation procedures and hardware application that need to be fixed and any lessons learned will be apply to later ships, that is why CV liaoning is doing not only training but also tests and experiments.

And cat launch carrier is the ultimate solution because you will need it to launch max load jets aw well as large heavy AWAC aircrafts

China J-15 full load model, official release:tup:

4x C803 anti-ship missiles
2x YJ-62 super-sonic anti-ship missiles
4x PL-8 anti-aircraft missiles

25_138138_c59062f5c2b47e2.jpg

vs

China JH-7A
962263.jpg

Last edited:
China J-15 full load model, official release:tup:

4x C803 anti-ship missiles
2x YJ-62 super-sonic anti-ship missiles
4x PL-8 anti-aircraft missiles

25_138138_c59062f5c2b47e2.jpg

vs

China JH-7A
962263.jpg

What about JH-7B ?

I think it's better for J-15 to be main naval fighter of China until 2030's. The J-15 would be cheaper since it is not stealth.

By 2030, I think J-31 will be a good choice to replace the J-15. J-20 isn't really a good plane to replace J-15, since it is too big and heavy. Also, naval J-20 would need to carry less load, sacrificing it's weapon loadout and range.

If China was to make a V/STOL plane, like Harrier or F-35B, the J-31 would be a good candidate.

In my opinion, China needs 3 CATOBAR carriers and 5 small carriers for V/STOL planes. By 2030, China would need to replace J-15 with J-31.

The PLAN can't wait that long。

The design of carrier borne 5th gen stealth fighter jet will be finalized soon(waiting for the outcome from two competing bids),with the arrival of the 1st prototype expected in 2015 or 2016。

This means that China will have to rely on J-15 and J-15B for at least the next 8 years, hence the "decision" to build one(possibly two) Type 001A Liaoning variant(s) in place of flattops(Type 002 conventional or Type 003 nuclear driven with steam catapult(done) or EMALS(1:1 engineering prototype in initial test runs),respectively).

Im so concerned about chinese engines why they not been able to make it ? while making excellent beast planes.

btw what engine J-15 uses is it Russian made ?

It's the engine again.

I have said it earlier and will repeat it:

China will continue to use Russian engines for Russian made jets,which are in their hundreds and include Su-27s、Su-30s and J-11As(assembled from Russian supplied kits)。

China will use Chinese engines for Chinese made jets,such as J-10B(not for initial batch)、J-11B、J-11BS、J-15、J-16 etc。

Production rate is a limiting factor and China is in no hurry to ramp up the capacity,for better engines are on the way and now is no time for an arms race。

I have it on authoritative source regarding J-15:

Max Mach No.:2.17
Max load:6.5 tons
Max combat range:1270km
Wing span:14.7m
Folded wing span:8.4m

How do the above compare with Mig-29K?

Watch this documentary. Here is the real reason why the Russian choose the SU-33 over the MiG-29 in the 1990's. They start talking about the Flanker and the Fulcrum from 42:50 onwards.

24-28,including J-15S and a couple of J-15Gs for electronic warfare。

J-15B with AESA、upgraded avionics etc is said to debut in 2014。

Correction: the J-15B should not be a "new variant", but rather the late-model combat-capable production version of the J-15, which is currently only serving as a trainer. What happened to the original 2015 date for its reveal?

I have it on authoritative source regarding J-15:

Max Mach No.:2.17
Max load:6.5 tons
Max combat range:1270km
Wing span:14.7m
Folded wing span:8.4m

How do the above compare with Mig-29K?

Max combat load of 6.5 tons? That is only 500 kg heavier than that of the J-10A and 1.5 tons less than that of the J-16. Max range of 1270 km? That is less than the combat radius of the JF-17. For a fighter that uses two 132 kN engines and the same airframe as a Flanker that is likely to be a bogus.

Last edited:
Correction: the J-15B should not be a "new variant", but rather the late-model combat-capable production version of the J-15, which is currently only serving as a trainer. What happened to the original 2015 date for its reveal?

Max combat load of 6.5 tons? That is only 500 kg heavier than that of the J-10A and 1.5 tons less than that of the J-16. Max range of 1270 km? That is less than the combat radius of the JF-17. For a fighter that uses two 132 kN engines and the same airframe as a Flanker that is likely to be a bogus.

(1)You are completely screwed up concerning J-15 and its future variants。J-15 is combat-ready as it is。J-15B will be equipped with AESA and more advanced avionics etc。J-15S is for both training and ground attack capability。There will also be J-15s for electronic warfare and mate-refueling。

(2)We are talking about carrier-borne fighter here,not your run-of-the-mill land based jets。
You should feel very pleased that J-15 is such a lethal machine。Do you have any idea what India's Mig-29K is capable of?Ask Indians!

thx bro for informing ...

bro can u tell me also that when jf-17 engine chinese made available or i have heard that the proto type already have been flown by chinese engine ? how much time required to be fitted these new engine in jf-17

As for the engines of JF-17, I'll try to post the news about that here.
or on this thread:
JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

if I have the info.:cheesy::cheers:

Back
Top Bottom