What's new

Sheikh Hasina is named as the only Bangladeshi in 100 most influential persons in Asia

I was checking again with you, coz its sounds incredible. At least they have the image of doing ethical banking.

Well, unfortunately their 'Collection of Loans' were NOT so 'ethical'! The 'Collectors' would intimidate when folks, were Not able to repay on time which led to, I might add, in extreme cases, ultimate suicides.

Maybe it was an Image Bangladesh was desparately trying to portray to the Western Nations that how 'awesome' their 'Dismal Economy' is 'Flourishing'!

(Fast forward) Identical to their 'Blatant disregard' of Worker safety in their 'Textile/Clothing manufacturing' Industry!
Which eventully had a 'Catastophe' & sadly tremendous loss of 'Human Life'!

:pakistan:

Well, unfortunately their 'Collection of Loans' were NOT so 'ethical'! The 'Collectors' would intimidate when folks, were Not able to repay on time which led to, I might add, in extreme cases, ultimate suicides.

Maybe it was an Image Bangladesh was desparately trying to portray to the Western Nations that how 'awesome' their 'Dismal Economy' is 'Flourishing'!

(Fast forward) Identical to their 'Blatant disregard' of Worker safety in their 'Textile/Clothing manufacturing' Industry!

well grameen story was too good to be true besides we got loan sharks in India and even UK so I was wondering how bangladeshis manage to give microcredit better. Because high default rate will make the bank unsustainable.

I would want a bangladeshi to respond to it @BDforever @Skies

can you change the font to normal and use bold for extra emphasis please.

well grameen story was too good to be true besides we got loan sharks in India and even UK so I was wondering how bangladeshis manage to give microcredit better. Because high default rate will make the bank unsustainable.

I am so much pissed of on Awami about Grameen Bank issue, It was helping poor ppl special woman to change their life.

I'm sure you know I ain't shouting or nothing just helps in 'differentiaing' and making the reply more pertinent.

Now to your reply, Grameen Bank was an 'awesome' idea but with rather very 'Bad Intention' (in reference to Collections)

Hon. Queen of BD, The Great, Shrimati Sheikh Hasina Wajidji DESERVES this place...........

In front of her, dusro ka bhut ZIA jalta hai...............

Great Going, Well done :tup:

Alif, I would have to agree with you! I have read up on & saw a show on 60 Minutes or something on Grameen Bank!
It was, indeed, a 'noble idea'! Curious what really happened to Dr. Younis?!

But then there was lots of 'Badmashi' on the 'COLLECTION' of Loans' by the Bank staff!
Brother, Dr.Yonus' idea was revolutionary. one of the reasons it was and still is followed by the rest of the world. Bringing out 10,000 families out of utter poverty isnt that simple. Whereas this Grameen Bank alone brought out 30mil families out of poverty in Bangladesh and gave them the means and source of a stable, respectable and honest living. The seeds of discord was sowed when he(Yonus) was awarded the Nobel. It got out of control when Hilary Clinton had contacted and asked whether Yonus would like to get into Politics and form another 3rd party. Since then allegations of misappropriations of funds surfaced, claims that Sheikh Hasina should've been awarded the Noble instead of Yonus surfaced. And finally the campaign to degrade his public image which resulted in Yonus being dishonorably discharged from the Bank that he created. Now this Bank is owned jointly by Govt and Private shareholders(the same people who took loans from the Bank).
Badmashiyaan: U see brother, in every family(whether it be the Christians,Jews,Hindus,Atheists or Muslims) we have the rotten apples/black sheeps. So there were instances where 2-3 families took loans and gobbled the money up instead of doing something productive with it. In that case the officials of the bank went and possessed their assets as collateral. This being because, in order to fund 2-3 more families u need to get back the money that u loaned to another family. But these incident were isolated and very limited in numbers.
Apologies for late reply, since i dont log in that frequently.

:o: You don't read much,do you?
Its very easy to find bout about grameen bank.Google is just a click away....

How could people like Fazle Hasan Abed missed out from the list? He was recently included in the list of The World's 50 Greatest Leaders of Fortune magazine.

Back
Top Bottom