What's new

Sham Lal Bathija, appointed as Afghanistan ambassador to Canada

Sher Malang

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
Sham Lal Bathija, Kandahar born Afghan Hindu, appointed as Afghanistan ambassador to Canada.

Ottawa –Ambassador Sham Lall Bathija, presented his Letters of Credence to His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General and Commander-in-Chief of Canada, at a ceremony held in Rideau Hall, Ottawa, today at 10:30 am.

At a meeting that followed the official ceremony, H.E. Ambassador Bathija conveyed to the Governor General the best wishes of His Excellency Hamid Karzai, President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, and H.E Zarar Ahmad Osmani, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and his hopes for further strengthened relations between the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and Canada.

The Afghan Ambassador thanked the Canadian people and Government for their comprehensive support towards stability and reconstruction in Afghanistan over the last 12 years, paying particular tribute, on behalf of the Afghan government, to the memory of the 162 Canadians who have lost their lives while serving in Afghanistan.

The Governor General expressed his condolences on the horrific landslide, which killed about 2500 people in northern Afghanistan. Within this context, H.E. Governor General assured that Canada will not spare any effort and assistance in such tragedies to the Government and people of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. He also showed keen interest in events unfolding in Afghanistan, especially the successful Presidential elections to which a large number of women participated.

At a reception following the ceremony, the staff and visiting noted Afghans in the region as well as Afghanistan’s Consul General in Toronto were introduced by the new Ambassador to the Governor General.

The ceremony was concluded at noontime by hosting a reception at the residence of the Ambassador in honour of all participants.

Embassy of Afghanistan

May 5, 2014

BnEATZqIYAE4BUn.jpg:large

Embassy link:
Embassy of Afghanistan of Ottawa

I wish him best of luck, really feeling proud today that we are one.

My condolences to the People of Afghanistan of the tragedy that unfolded in the recent mudslide, the Canadian people are committed to Afghanistan even post withdrawal and I hope our relations keep improving and hopefully we can have more cooperation in terms of future trade deals.

Suspect India is behind this appointment.

He is the most wonderful man! He is a very high diplomat and economist and I am sure he'll represent his country in best way. Afghanistan must be proud of him! He is very intelligent and he works very hard for the benefit of Afghanistan. He is a real sh. and I am proud of him!

what
That Hindu name made everything crystal clear in a jiffy eh? Now thats some quality childhood training...
do you mean?

Suspect India is behind this appointment.
you're kidding, no?

30 years ago Afghan-Hindus were the leading businessmen in Afghanistan.
:cheers:
it will happen again....not only hindus all afghans will rise and show their presence to the world..

ps: i have a gut feeling that in a decade or so Afghanistan will transform into a new modern country leaving behind may of its rivals....Inshahallah!!! Afghanistan will rise again......Indo-Afghan friendship :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom