What's new

Shahrukh Khan knighted in Malaysia

Zaheerkhan

Reaction score
MALACCA: Bollywood heartthrob Shahrukh Khan said he will star in a new movie that will help spread the message that Islam does not support terrorism as he was knighted Saturday in Malaysia's southern Malacca state, AP reports.

Adorned in a traditional black and gold Malay outfit and headgear, the Indian Muslim actor was conferred the honorary 'datuk' title that is equivalent to British knighthood.
Bollywood movies are highly popular in Malaysia and Khan enjoys a huge following among local Malays and ethnic Indians.
After the ceremony, Khan told reporters that his new film ‘My Name is Khan,’ which starts shooting this month, makes clear ‘that Islam does not in any which way tell you to be violent.’
‘I think the whole concept of jihad, the whole concept of warring needs to be explained as Allah meant it to be in the Quran... it is an attempt to try and do that in an entertaining way,’ Khan said.
The film, about a Muslim's strife in telling people his name but that he is not a terrorist, will be directed by top Bollywood film maker Karan Johar and will co-star Kajol Mukherjee, Khan said.
‘When you are an actor, you truly believe that the language that you speak can be truly international and go across boundaries and bring hope, especially in today's time and age when the world is full of strife,’ he said.
The honorary title, bestowed by Malacca Gov. Mohamad Khalil Yaacob, has stirred controversy with Malaysians who say it was wrong to honor a foreigner when there were many deserving local artists.
Malacca authorities said Khan was knighted because six of his movies were shot on location in the historical state and helped boost its tourism.

link:DAWN.COM | Entertainment | Shahrukh Khan knighted in Malaysia

shahrukh khan diserves it he is a very good actor I like him. i see all his films.

i hope the message will be accepted all across the globe and specially in india and in western countries. i think other muslim actors salman amir saif should also do ome thing for islams missconseption across the globe they are the bard ambassadors of india and even before they are brand ambassedors of islam

he's not even malaysian!!!!
anyway hes not even a true muslim so i dont know why malaysia is honoring him

he's not even malaysian!!!!
anyway hes not even a true muslim so i dont know why malaysia is honoring him

How do you know he is not a true muslim?. Just because he acts in movies, doesn't make him true muslim?. Malaysia is honoring for his acting in movies which many ethnic Malays like.

What's with your obsession with who is a true muslim?

He says he's muslim and that ought to be enough.

lmao
everyone knows actors/actresses are anything but religious people
its all kanjarkhana lol
anyway he does many things that the quran doesnt allow any muslim to do
remember any sin is forgivable except polytheism and thats what he is doing himself and thats what he's teaching his kids
does not sound muslim to me

After last years havoc on Indians (especially Hindu's) and Hindraf if I would have been Shahrukh I would have shows middle fingers to the Malays.

After Hindraf problem they also stopped issuing on arrival visa to the Indians.

lmao
its all kanjarkhana lol
remember any sin is forgivable except polytheism and thats what he is doing himself and thats what he's teaching his kids

You're just too damned uptight.

Is acting unislamic? Singing? Dancing? All unislamic?

What's the point of life if you can't dance or sing?

i hope the message will be accepted all across the globe and specially in india and in western countries. i think other muslim actors salman amir saif should also do ome thing for islams missconseption across the globe they are the bard ambassadors of india and even before they are brand ambassedors of islam

No one or at least Indians do see Salman Amir or Saif as Muslim actors. Or no when ever thought they should be playing only roles of Muslim Characters.

Last edited:
You're just too damned uptight.

Is acting unislamic? Singing? Dancing? All unislamic?

What's the point of life if you can't dance or sing?

no islam allows all of them, i never said anything against that
in islam everything is forgivable except polytheism and thats wat srk is doing and what hes teaching his kids
that is anything else but islam

Dude what was that for? you think you ppl are the only true muslims in the world and Indians (Read Hindu and other non muslims of India) have nothing else to do except misunderstanding Muslims. Rise Up or Stay back.
:tsk:

islam do not say to put anyouther religious book with qran shahraukh puts geeta and quran together and ask his kids to believe on both and worship to bhagwan and ALMIGHT ALLAH which islam do not allow in his house his wife and hid kids worship bhagwan which islam do not allow there is only one ALMIGHTY ALLAH and thnere is no other god by doing worship to bhagwan he is breaking the law of ALLAH we cant say he is not muslim but he is going against thelaws of islam and what he is doing is kufar which cannot be unforgivable

islam do not say to put anyouther religious book with qran shahraukh puts geeta and quran together and ask his kids to believe on both and worship to bhagwan and ALMIGHT ALLAH which islam do not allow in his house his wife and hid kids worship bhagwan which islam do not allow there is only one ALMIGHTY ALLAH and thnere is no other god by doing worship to bhagwan he is breaking the law of ALLAH we cant say he is not muslim but he is going against thelaws of islam and what he is doing is kufar which cannot be unforgivable

thats what im saying

lmao
its all kanjarkhana lol

His wife is Hindu, do you not see that Shahrukh has to respect his wife wishes also. I think he is doing the right things with his Kids. And stop being up tight about who is muslim or not.

Back
Top Bottom