What's new

Shahbaz says deal signed with China for Metro for 5 Punjab cities

farooq sattar as overseas pakistani minister

im not allowed to send pakistani to overseas but to bring funeral home

Overseas Pakistan should have right of Votes: Dr Farooq Sattar

when all parties advocated to ban overseas pakistani to run for elections MQM stood in their favour

Last edited by a moderator:
atleast its development for our country. Even Punjabi's are Pakistani. Inshallah coming governments will realise the importance of metro in karachi...

Of all cities, KArachi needs it to the most.

And can someone please stop Shehbaz Sharif from spitting out this junk? Subways are very expensive to build. Whoy would you build a subway in Faisalabad and Gujranwala?

People dont have electricity, security and inflation is sky high whereas our leaders are buying expensive stuff or giving us a golee. You need to fix the country first. Punjab has extremely bad record of public health. Its the most resourceful province and it needs reforms first in police and healthcare, then talk about those expensive projects.

This is very narrow view of development
Large cities like Krachi & Lahore need mass transport systems to improve their economic situation
You want them to do one thing take it to 100% then only
Move to next

Eg if we had focused on removing Poverty completely & not pursue Space & Nuclear program's
We would have been so far behind that Catch up would have been a hell of a task

atleast its development for our country. Even Punjabi's are Pakistani. Inshallah coming governments will realise the importance of metro in karachi...

I heard that Punjab province is the most developed region in Pak..any specific reason???

I don't know an specific reason but of course you are sensible enough that anyone if is thinking of any development will probably do first to its home town than its city , state and the country. However I do know that Education sector is stronger than rest of the provinces.

Lahore ! :nana:

1381757_706407372720069_1628389372_n_zps46c9ac33.jpg

co81.png

@cb4 - As if you can read 'Urdu' ! :whistle:

Waiseee Butt Sahib, I think Shahbaz has gone made - Kitnii Metro banaiii gaaa ? :blink:

Waiseee Butt Sahib, I think Shahbaz has gone made - Kitnii Metro banaiii gaaa ? :blink:

I can a little bit. BTW i got a bit of more translation from Skyscrapercity website. :azn:

This time its Metro Train

Oh ! :ashamed:

Lets face it Butt Sahib the first Metro was a terrible....terrible waste of resources & this looks to be an even bigger idiocy than the last ! :hitwall:

That one is just a bus.... but the fact is 200,000 people are using it everyday. P.S i just wish they hadn't built those stupid flyovers.

The Metro Train they are talking about here is saving resources. They will use the existing National Rail Line.... :tup:

That one is just a bus.... but the good thing is more than 200,000 people are using it everyday.

The Metro Train they are talking about here is saving resources. They will use the existing National Rail Line.... :tup:

Punjab isn't restricted to Lahore - Do justice to other cities in the Province !

If the Metro Train was something that connected 4-5 districts of Punjab together like Lahore, Kasur, Faisalabad, Sialkot etc. - I would've been elated but this Lahore Centric approach is going to give rise to the age old chant 'Takht-i-Lahore' !

Punjab isn't restricted to Lahore - Do justice to other cities in the Province !

If the Metro Train was something that connected 4-5 districts of Punjab together like Lahore, Kasur, Faisalabad, Sialkot etc. - I would've been elated but this Lahore Centric approach is going to give rise to the age old chant 'Takht-i-Lahore' !

True. Punjab is not restricted to Lahore and they should move on. Lets see how it goes. He has promised to launch bus service in Faisalabad, Pindi and Multan and if i'm not wrong, their feasibility studies just got completed.

P.S never heard of Metro connecting cities.... That would be a naional railway network that you are talking about and would fall under federal govt domain

Underground trainS??? Ander garmi se marjana hai, aur ager ac lagwao gai to bijli bhee china loan pe dega kiya? Faltu shareef and paltu shareef need to start thinking with their brains instead of their tinds.

Punjab should be divided in at least 5 provinces so the development isn't only restricted to Lahore and surrounding areas. Otherwise it's a good development.

Back
Top Bottom