What's new

Setback for Kerala, panel says Mullaperiyar safe

it is because of people like Vaiko,we Tamils have a bad name in this country.

He is hardly a popular leader and it is evident that his party could not win even in his home constituency and his own caste people also dont vote for him.

Vaiko is not even Tamil. He is a Telugu belonging to Naidu caste. He just uses Tamil card to create controversy and be in the limelight.

Whatever you say or cry nothing gng to be happen? and TN is potent player of Indian economy and no country will ruin huge agriculture and Industrial hub for a sake of tourist economy. You people want electricity ryt just get it frm Koodankulam or Neyveli wats a big deal.

Even If you get waters definitely you can't do agriculture in your land and commie mentality won't allow companies. You people won't allow to establish nuclear plant in Kerala but your CM asking electricity from nuclear plant in Koodankulam(TN) why double standard?. You people buch of losers. enuff said

I agree with most of what you have said. But its not true that just because Tamil Nadu is a bigger economy and has way higher agricultural, it has bigger influence. It doesn't matter if your state has better use of the resources and the other just wastes it. Just see how long these vicious Kerala politicians have been able to prevent a legitimate demand of Tamil Nadu. Since we are the same nation, we have to live with crooks like these. No way out.

I am a Tamil and i oppose the idea of talking about INTERNAL matters of INDIA is a Pakistani forum. Its not good for the TN - Kerala relationship at a people to people level here at PDF. I respect the Keralites as much as I respect my fellow Tamils and I really regret that a Tamil opened up a thread in PDF regarding this issue as its already judged at out SUPREM COURT.
The dam is strong but instead of convincing the Keralites about the safty of the DAM and the efforts taken in the direction of strengthening the dam to the Keralites we are just making them irate about the verdict that came in our favour.

My fellow Keralits, I appologise on behalf of the Tamils who might have offended you on this matter, but you have to realize that the land that occupies the banks of the upstream side of the DAM is become a hot REAL ESTATE and most NRIs of Kerala have built RESORTS in that land that was made available when the DAM water storage was brought down to 132 feet from 142 FEET and the people who have invested in such resorts do not want the DAM hight to be increased back to its original propsed storage level as it will submerge the Resorts and its not in favour for people who are interested in creating more REAL ESTATE if the water level is maintained at its present height.

We are not sedistic to see fellow country men die because of a weak dam structure. The DAM is strong and if it is weak and we are not able to strengthen it, we will work with the Kerala government to build a new dam until them can we please avoid such verbal abuse on each other.

I personaly admire Keralites for their unity and for the beauti of the land they have preserved and offcorse for the beautiful ladies of Kerala who take the breath away when we have a glane at their awsome smile coupled with photogenic faces.

Pease be up on TN - Kerala relationship and long live peace

Vaiko is not even Tamil. He is a Telugu belonging to Naidu caste. He just uses Tamil card to create controversy and be in the limelight.
Please he has a Telugu mother tounge, but NAIDUS of Tamil Nadu are as much Tamils as we people who have Tamil as their mother tounge. Please he is a honest politician next to Pala Nedumaran who has a racial affinity towards the people and land of TN. offending him is not in good faith. He as a human might have made mistakes but questioning his affinity towards Tamils is not good.

Mate heard of kallanai Dam in thanjore?
Its standing for 2000 years and still in usage
Grand Anicut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, I have heard it before also. Honestly I don't know how you can compare a 18 ft high check dam to a 176 ft high gravity dam which is under constant pressure. Also I read nothing about Surkhi Mortar in case of Kallanai.

I agree with most of what you have said. But its not true that just because Tamil Nadu is a bigger economy and has way higher agricultural, it has bigger influence. It doesn't matter if your state has better use of the resources and the other just wastes it. Just see how long these vicious Kerala politicians have been able to prevent a legitimate demand of Tamil Nadu.

All Kerala needs is a new dam. If that is built you will also get more water as the water level for the new dam is fixed at 155 ft which is greater than the now sanctioned 136/142 ft .

Since we are the same nation, we have to live with crooks like these. No way out.

Nobody is forcing you to live with us.

We are not sedistic to see fellow country men die because of a weak dam structure. The DAM is strong and if it is weak and we are not able to strengthen it, we will work with the Kerala government to build a new dam until them can we please avoid such verbal abuse on each other.

Thats exactly is the problem. A new dam is in the favor of TN as the water level for the new dam is fixed at 155 ft, but somehow for the Tamilians in this forum and otherwise we have become crooks for daring to suggest so.

I personaly admire Keralites for their unity and for the beauti of the land they have preserved and offcorse for the beautiful ladies of Kerala who take the breath away when we have a glane at their awsome smile coupled with photogenic faces.

And if I am not mistaken, in this same forum some time ago they were called 'wh*res by your fellow Tamilian posters.

Thats exactly is the problem. A new dam is in the favor of TN as the water level for the new dam is fixed at 155 ft, but somehow for the Tamilians in this forum and otherwise we have become crooks for daring to suggest so..
Yes the DAM hight is fixed at 155 feet, but how much the base of the DAM goes down in altitude from Mean Sea Level is the question. Please find how much is the difference in the bellow pic.
md.jpg

And if I am not mistaken, some time ago they were called 'wh*res by your fellow Tamilian posters.
Not Me, I am a Tamil and you can find a lot of Tamils like me, who wish to make you realize that we care for not only us but for you guys too in this DAM issue.

Yes the DAM hight is fixed at 155 feet, but how much the base of the DAM goes down in altitude from Mean Sea Level is the question. Please find how much is the difference in the bellow pic.
md.jpg

I don't know where you got this diagram from, but the new dam suggestion was made by the same high power committee that said that the old dam is okay. Surely they know what they are doing. Anyways in this issue, I am disappointed at GOK also. Instead of indulging in meaningless blabber , our politicians should get together and build some sort of safety dam downstream so that even if MP breaks we will be saved. To build it, we don't need any one's permission. We can finance it through some sort of tax on fuel and should go about it as soon as possible. We cannot wait for the SC court verdict forever.

I don't know where you got this diagram from, but the new dam suggestion was made by the same high power committee that said that the old dam is okay. Surely they know what they are doing. Anyways in this issue, I am disappointed at GOK also. Instead of indulging in meaningless blabber , our politicians should get together and build some sort of safety dam downstream so that even if MP breaks we will be saved. To build it, we don't need any one's permission. We can finance it through some sort of tax on fuel and should go about it as soon as possible. We cannot wait for the SC court verdict forever.
its upto you guys to decide what you wish to do, but sure the money that you put on a new dam even after the nutral panel has said that the dam is safe is like betting on a race horse which has a bent leg or to say it right you are just paying the premium for a insurance company that knows that your health is as sound as a rock and you'll live for another 100 years with no complication

its upto you guys to decide what you wish to do, but sure the money that you put on a new dam even after the nutral panel has said that the dam is safe is like betting on a race horse which has a bent leg or to say it right you are just paying the premium for a insurance company that knows that your health is as sound as a rock and you'll live for another 100 years with no complication

Better Be Safe Than Sorry. Also now only I checked the the height of the new dam in your diagram. Its only 140 feet.How can that be when the authorized water level in the new dam itself is 155 feet.

You know that one of the main reasons (or the only reason?) for the power crisis in Kerala now is that Kerala Govt decided to lower the water level in Idukki Dam so that even if MP breaks Idukki Dam has a safety margin to absorb the impact. Thats why we are particularly angry at Jaya Amma's effort to get all the power from KKNPP for TN.

Yes, I have heard it before also. Honestly I don't know how you can compare a 18 ft high check dam to a 176 ft high gravity dam which is under constant pressure. Also I read nothing about Surkhi Mortar in case of Kallanai.

All Kerala needs is a new dam. If that is built you will also get more water as the water level for the new dam is fixed at 155 ft which is greater than the now sanctioned 136/142 ft .

Nobody is forcing you to live with us.

Thats exactly is the problem. A new dam is in the favor of TN as the water level for the new dam is fixed at 155 ft, but somehow for the Tamilians in this forum and otherwise we have become crooks for daring to suggest so..

The main problem is control of new dam as u realise...
And ur govt is facing the problem cos, the land lease area had been shrunk by enroachment..
Trust me, my cousin was stationed at the dam, just be4 till a year ago, he was asis.engineer by post..
He said according to the treaty, some thousand hectares of the land, come under lease deed, and TN is paying rent for all the lease lands..
But the reality is kerala politicians had enroached uopn the reservoir lands, when water levels went down in 70's, and there are many tourist places, lodge, hotels, build by them it seems... Thats y the govt is hell bent on building new dams...
My question is, when the Expert panel, had said there is no problem, wat problem we have in accepting the dam, till its safe..

The main problem is control of new dam as u realise...
And ur govt is facing the problem cos, the land lease area had been shrunk by enroachment..
Trust me, my cousin was stationed at the dam, just be4 till a year ago, he was asis.engineer by post..
He said according to the treaty, some thousand hectares of the land, come under lease deed, and TN is paying rent for all the lease lands..

Please don't kid us with the rent you pay. You pay a pittance amount of 10 lakh/per annum for the water + electricity produced from this water.

But the reality is kerala politicians had enroached uopn the reservoir lands, when water levels went down in 70's, and there are many tourist places, lodge, hotels, build by them it seems... Thats y the govt is hell bent on building new dams...

What sorts of conspiracy theories are these?Its new to me.

Kerala Govt and people is for a new dam where the Water Level is fixed at 155 feet, which is much higher then the now sanctioned 136 feet. So by means even if the resorts are there it will get submerged if new dam is built..the loss is ours.

My question is, when the Expert panel, had said there is no problem, wat problem we have in accepting the dam, till its safe..

Periyar is a Kerala river which is being diverted to TN by MP dam..thats the basic point every Tamilian has to understand. The MP dm, its catchment areas and reserviour all lies inside Kerala territory. Even you don't own the dam. Its leased for 999 years. The very fact that we Keralaites have put up with this shows our good will towards TN, but not once you have returned that good will. You people always depict us as some sort of slimy crooks out to get the Tamils. There is a basic understanding here in Kerala, that we are bullied by TN using their bigger political and economical clout. Would we have been treated the same if Karnataka or Andhra was in our place..I don't think so. If Iam not mistaken, during the Kaveri crisis Tamils were forced out of Karnataka by Nationalist Kannadigas. Here in Kerala during the crisis not a single stone was thrown at a Tamil owned establishment , while Malayalee owned shops and agricultural fields was thrashed left and right by Tamils in TN. My sister and her husband who works in Chennai said that during that time they would not even speak to eachother in Malayalam in the MRTS train for the fear of being attacked by Tamil Nationalist goons.

So just bcs we are small and peace loving , we are being taken for granted.

Kerala Govt and people is for a new dam where the Water Level is fixed at 155 feet, which is much higher then the now sanctioned 136 feet. So by means even if the resorts are there it will get submerged if new dam is built..the loss is ours.
even after i had posted of the comparion of the new dam and that of the old dam as a pic, you still saying "The Rabit i caught has 3 legs" is not good mate.

He bashing our leaders with inappropriate terms that why I replied in that way. He may be bad for you guys but he is our leader and they struggling for our rights. Wat he distracted? who attacked tamils first? who attacked sabarimala devotees? who trapped hundereds of estate workers(including women) near kumuli? who proposed new dam construction without consulting us? who said dam is weak? who released 999 movie at time? get the ans and talk.

Time to secede from India to Sri Lanka?

Back
Top Bottom