What's new

Seraikistan - A New Seraiki province out of Punjab?

Are You in the favor of Saraikistan, Saraiki province

• Total voters
I'm neutral about it; whether it happens or not, hope its for the best and helps promote good governance

haven't these nincompoops been yapping about Seraiki Province since 2008???? Arent there slightly more pressing issues to discuss? Or is this just an attempt to create some new constituencies :)

votes are coming sir now every party is rushing to saraiki belt for vote bank look at PLN.N which was anti saraiki province is ready to make it its dirty game for politics not for public but i have hope after they make province southern punjab develop much more .as i visit multan last year it was worse then multan which i left in 1996 .

8-6-2011_152359_1.gif

I like Javed Hashmi .. he also supports karachi province .. :cheers:

Before creating any new provence first they must create New province in Southern Sindh based on three southern districts of Sindh, that province must be top piriority because hundreds of people dying every week in Karachi but not in South Punjab. South Sindh must be piriority.

Before creating any new provence first they must create New province in Southern Sindh based on three southern districts of Sindh, that province must be top piriority because hundreds of people dying every week in Karachi but not in South Punjab. South Sindh must be piriority.

oyeee hamara ban jany do yaar phir tumhara dekhty hain aik aik ker ke banao .hahahahahaha

votes are coming sir now every party is rushing to saraiki belt for vote bank look at PLN.N which was anti saraiki province is ready to make it its dirty game for politics not for public but i have hope after they make province southern punjab develop much more .as i visit multan last year it was worse then multan which i left in 1996 .

:meeting::meeting:

You know it necessary that Punjab is the first ... Mouths of all others nationalist of other provinces will be Shut ..

I support creating and redrawing provinces as it will add to better governance for locals and help to bring faster development in the provinces. Several new provinces have to be made and as another member mentioned not along ethnic lines nor linguistic (though these factors shouldn't be completely ignored either).

By the way Turkiye has 81 provinces...I'm not saying Pakistan needs that many but having 12 or so provinces would be beneficial.

Pakistan should create an "Aryan" Province where the true Aryan can live freely and independently and build their Aryan civilization unhindered by non-Aryans. The true Aryans the Kashmiris, Kalash, and others living in a united province in North Pakistan.

It would be the most beautiful and perhaps one of the most developed provinces in Pakistan.

Aryan North Pakistan, ANP.

Pakistan should create an "Aryan" Province where the true Aryan can live freely and independently and build their Aryan civilization unhindered by non-Aryans. The true Aryans the Kashmiris, Kalash, and others living in a united province in North Pakistan.

It would be the most beautiful and perhaps one of the most developed provinces in Pakistan.

Aryan North Pakistan, ANP.

Racism ???? :what: :what: :what: :what:

Beautiful picture from ANP (Aryan North Pakistan) province.

Pakistan+(1).jpg
Chitral Masjid

Perhaps after further development Chitral can be capital of ANP Province.

I support creating and redrawing provinces as it will add to better governance for locals and help to bring faster development in the provinces. Several new provinces have to be made and as another member mentioned not along ethnic lines nor linguistic (though these factors shouldn't be completely ignored either).

By the way Turkiye has 81 provinces...I'm not saying Pakistan needs that many but having 12 or so provinces would be beneficial.

Everybody is in favour of new provinces, but for a better running of admin, not on linguistic, ethnic or cultural backgrounds, this leads to what you are seeing now in Balochistan i.e demand for autonomy.

New provinces need two-thirds majority in PAs, say experts

ISLAMABAD: The Constitution of Pakistan does not allow establishment or creation of a new province, say Siraiki or Hazara, within an existing federating unit without a two-third vote from its provincial assembly.

The National Assembly and Senate, despite having required strength in favour of an amendment, becomes ineffective in the case of the federating units’ limitations till the respective provincial assembly grants a mandatory 2/3rd approval to a resolution, confirm the experts.

Besides, the president is powerless to give assent to a bill even if passed by two-thirds of the NA and Senate but not by the provincial assembly, they maintain.

Either before or after NA and Senate’s separate approval, a resolution must have 2/3rd, rather a simple majority, vote from the relevant assembly to revise limitations of a federating unit.

Thus, a change in the territorial region of the Punjab is impossible in the presence of its sitting assembly, as the ruling PML-N is the day one opponent of Siraiki province though it agrees in a broader spectrum to create more administrative units.

The same is the case with Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa where ANP, the majority party, opposes Hazara province.

Article 239 of the constitution, which deals with the Constitutional Amendments, makes it clear that the chapter of creation of a new province on the proposed name of Siraiki or Siraikistan, however the doors are open with another name subject to PML-N support.

Experts, including PML-Q’s prominent Senator Wasim Sajjad and Ahmed Owais advocate, left no ambiguity while authenticating that a new province within the limits of the province is impossible unless two-thirds of sitting assembly votes for a new unit. “Yes, you are hundred percent correct that the resolution needs two-thirds approval from a provincial assembly to divide it,” Wasim Sajjad said when asked in specific reference to proposed division of Punjab and Khyber-Pakhturnkhwa.

At the same time, he said the constitution has not made it clear as to whether the provincial assembly resolution is required before or after moving before the NA and Senate. “Therefore it would have the same effect in both ways.”

Ahmed Owais Advocate also read out the constitutional clause and confirmed the importance of the provincial assembly in creation of new province or provinces within its limitation.

The PPP is in a position to meet the two-thirds requirement in both NA and Senate with the help of its ally, the PML-Q, if its all members (50) and MQM (25) support the move to establish the Southern Punjab a new province within presence boundaries of the Punjab. But the situation in Punjab Assembly, equally important for such an amendment, is entirely different.

New provinces need two-thirds majority in PAs, say experts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom