Separate power rates for day and night

Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Separate power rates for day and night

Updated at: 1835 PST, Thursday, July 08, 2010
Separate power rates for day and night LAHORE: Pakistan Power Electric Company (Pepco) has fixed separate rates for day and night, Geo News reported Thursday.

According to a decision made by the Pepco 'Peak Hours', from 06:00pm to 11:00pm, rates were fixed at Rs 11.77 per unit, while, 'Off Peak Hours', 11:00pm to 06:00pm, rates were fixed at Rs 07.18 per unit.

According to Geo News correspondent, new meters would be installed for the purpose at the consumer's cost.

The decision has been taken to discourage the power demend, according to Pepco.

Hope pakistan gets the nuclear reactors from china to meet its demands as its clear they will be under IAEA safeguards

Just a queastion how much is the electricity bill of an average household in Pakistan

cheers

Average bill depends on the season. In summer if you consdier the AC, Fans etc.. it can climb to 15K, for some modest homes it is 5K and some will be 1500-2K.

Again depends on appliances, season, consumption.

Hope it helps.

In India we have lower middle class with a bill for say 400-700rs and middle class who dont have to worry too much get somewhere 1500-2000 and an upper middle class fella is like 3000-5000

This includes all appliances like AC and all

Average bill depends on the season. In summer if you consdier the AC, Fans etc.. it can climb to 15K, for some modest homes it is 5K and some will be 1500-2K.

Hope it helps.

:woot:Thats lots of money for average pakistani Family isn't it.?
I'm sure there are other alternative ways of jamming your meter in Pakistan.

American meters the private companies just installed in Indian Punjab are very easy to hack into. I'm paying about 2500 Rupees a month in summer, where my bill should be atleast 25000 Rupees

In India we have lower middle class with a bill for say 400-700rs and middle class who dont have to worry too much get somewhere 1500-2000 and an upper middle class fella is like 3000-5000

It use to be very affordable at one time, not anymore. And if you add the cost of running a Gas or Diesel powered genny... :eek:

So i hope you can see why we need those god damn reactors?

:woot:Thats lots of money for average pakistani Family isn't it.?
I'm sure there are other alternative ways of jamming your meter in Pakistan.

American meters the private companies just installed in Indian Punjab are very easy to hack into. I'm paying about 2500 Rupees a month in summer.

Sadly the new ones can't be jammed! :lol:

There is Kundi (Hooking illegal direct lines)... This is an arrestable offence in Pakistan, as is stealing Gas :agree:

Yeah the average middle class family can pay between 5-10K in summer, those who use more appliances can pay upto 15... Modest families manage between 1500-5K... Depending on consumption etc, etc...

Pain in the A$$ if you ask me.

yeah true electricity in india is cheaper........ but also keep the currency difference in your mind

1 indian rupee = 1.80 pakistani rupees

There is Kundi (Hooking illegal direct lines)... This is an arrestable offence in Pakistan, as is stealing Gas :agree:
We enjoyed that until they started installing fiber optic cables to main lines.

Yeah the average middle class family can pay between 5-10K in summer, those who use more appliances can pay upto 15... Modest families manage between 1500-5K... Depending on consumption etc, etc...
5-15 K is just too much when you have kids school fee's, groceries, and other ornamental expenses regarding family memebers.
Pain in the A$$ if you ask me.
There is hope, you just have to talk to the right person with the right tools. I have evaded my local power city workers many times and most my (kundi) wires are underground underneath of my Farmland. If they can't see it, they won't know it.:cheers:

Pakistan should invest in renewable sources.

Moreover, In India, Unit Cost of Electricity is 4.00 Rs. (Consider is 7.00 Pak Rupee)

In India Gas Cylinder is (365), while in pakistan its around 600-700
But now in India, Petrol is Rs. 53 while in Pakistan it is around 36-40.

So, some advantage while some disadvantage but still India is up. :)

Moreover, In India, Unit Cost of Electricity is 4.00 Rs. (Consider is 7.00 Pak Rupee)

So, some advantage while some disadvantage but still India is up. :)

petrol is not for 36-40 rupees in Pakistan. It is around 70 rupees i think you checked petrol prices in indian rupees

:)

Gas Cylinder rates went up to Rs. 500 now in Punjab/Haryana

I also read that they have increased the price of CNG by rs.4 per KG... Presently they range from Rs.58-59 in Punjab and KP and Rs.57 in Baluchistan.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the insight man. I suppose you are talking about the bill amounted for one month's consumption.

With power cuts at all time high, and now this strange form of rationing, I don't understand why people are not on the streets already. The government seems to be billing the people for its own failures.

Back
Top Bottom