What's new

Sentry Gun with face detection.

Guud job!

How about making it capable of detecting every face in a crowd (i mean a huge screen showing everyone and the recognition 'square' focusing on them) and with someone behind the controls who would be 'watching' the faces can just click on a particular face and the rifle should then rapidly deploy (i.e. aim at him) and fires.

remote controlled stabilized machine guns are old news....but face recognition adds to it a lot of utility, especially if it is unmanned weapon

can they work quick enough to detect and neutralize a suicide bomber hell-bent on killing scores of innocents just to kill one soldier or pro-govt. individual? Who knows....it's very tough to do that in the heat of the moment

It's a little expensive but have you guys thought of using the Xbox Kinect? That way you have better distance calculations plus and infra red camera for that added touch. Good work BTW :)

Guud job!

How about making it capable of detecting every face in a crowd (i mean a huge screen showing everyone and the recognition 'square' focusing on them) and with someone behind the controls who would be 'watching' the faces can just click on a particular face and the rifle should then rapidly deploy (i.e. aim at him) and fires.
For that we have the manual mode. Other thing could be that we add a laser and through stereoscopic filtering, we can pin point anyone with the laser and the gun will point in that direction. But there are some issues with this that the laser should be quite bright an we also have to keep in mind the ballistics.

remote controlled stabilized machine guns are old news....but face recognition adds to it a lot of utility, especially if it is unmanned weapon

can they work quick enough to detect and neutralize a suicide bomber hell-bent on killing scores of innocents just to kill one soldier or pro-govt. individual? Who knows....it's very tough to do that in the heat of the moment

No at this stage it is not capable of this. But later on yes for sure. we basically designed this to guard the hallways, fortification and high security regions or checkpoints.

It's a little expensive but have you guys thought of using the Xbox Kinect? That way you have better distance calculations plus and infra red camera for that added touch. Good work BTW :)

These are all future considerations. If anyone wants to work on it or add some modifications, surely they can contact us.

Sir, can you please elaborate. We just used a airsoft gun. For a real gun we need better equipments. I think I didnot understand your question.

Kid,

Always remember the cardinal principal of science-----keep it simple stupid-----the more curves and options you will add to make it look good---the more problems you will have in making it work.

The mechanism of an air soft is different to that of a rifle first of all---the recoil---load and reload and the firing of the bullet will have a terrible effect on the electronics and opticals.

Here in the U S-----in police or FBI snipers----sometimes depending on the situation, they work in teams when there is like hostage taking scenario and the shooter has to shoot through a glass window. They prepare snipers to shoot in tandem with a micro second delay in taking the shot from one shooter to the other------when the target is behind a window glass pane.

What the concern is that the bullet when it hits the glass may deviate from its target and thus miss it completely----so what transpires is the shooter one fires at the glass pane at the target---which shatters the glass---a millisecond behind him the second shooter takes out the target---the second bullet right behind the first one by a few feet going through the open space as the glass has been blown out.

So---you may have a recognition device working in tandem with a shooter with his own rifle and scope---both of them looking at the target through their own lenses or visuals----both trained and working as a team----one is the spotter---the other is a shooter----both working in sync---both talking to each other and communicating what they see.

Now what that does for you is to make your recognition device simple and gets you to focus more on the work and the job that you know best---which is computers---electronics and visual facial recognition devices---that is what your primary focus and goal ought to be-----. The saying goes---CONTROL THE CONTROLLABLE------when you get into ballistics----they will be out of your league----it will take away from your primary goal and as you want to prove yourself a little too much----and all of it might end up in failure----.

You should also have a set of communication devices hooked up to the observer---hooked up to the shooter and hooked up to the base commander----your video device---what would it look like---a small bazooka with a screen at the back or what----.

In my humble opinion and trust me---my opinions are hardly ever "humble" set up the system and base it on the american sniper team---a spotter a shooter concept----I believe that you will have a winner---. Good luck to you and to your design. Make us proud.

Kid,

Always remember the cardinal principal of science-----keep it simple stupid-----the more curves and options you will add to make it look good---the more problems you will have in making it work.

The mechanism of an air soft is different to that of a rifle first of all---the recoil---load and reload and the firing of the bullet will have a terrible effect on the electronics and opticals.

Here in the U S-----in police or FBI snipers----sometimes depending on the situation, they work in teams when there is like hostage taking scenario and the shooter has to shoot through a glass window. They prepare snipers to shoot in tandem with a micro second delay in taking the shot from one shooter to the other------when the target is behind a window glass pane.

What the concern is that the bullet when it hits the glass may deviate from its target and thus miss it completely----so what transpires is the shooter one fires at the glass pane at the target---which shatters the glass---a millisecond behind him the second shooter takes out the target---the second bullet right behind the first one by a few feet going through the open space as the glass has been blown out.

So---you may have a recognition device working in tandem with a shooter with his own rifle and scope---both of them looking at the target through their own lenses or visuals----both trained and working as a team----one is the spotter---the other is a shooter----both working in sync---both talking to each other and communicating what they see.

Now what that does for you is to make your recognition device simple and gets you to focus more on the work and the job that you know best---which is computers---electronics and visual facial recognition devices---that is what your primary focus and goal ought to be-----. The saying goes---CONTROL THE CONTROLLABLE------when you get into ballistics----they will be out of your league----it will take away from your primary goal and as you want to prove yourself a little too much----and all of it might end up in failure----.

You should also have a set of communication devices hooked up to the observer---hooked up to the shooter and hooked up to the base commander----your video device---what would it look like---a small bazooka with a screen at the back or what----.

In my humble opinion and trust me---my opinions are hardly ever "humble" set up the system and base it on the american sniper team---a spotter a shooter concept----I believe that you will have a winner---. Good luck to you and to your design. Make us proud.

I get your point. We're only do the work which we know that is the electronics and the computers. We'll now try to do motion detection instead of face because in face the face has to be at a certain angle towards camera.

I get your point. We're only do the work which we know that is the electronics and the computers. We'll now try to do motion detection instead of face because in face the face has to be at a certain angle towards camera.

Hi,

Yes---I found that out on cnn a few days ago---when Dr Gupta was checking out the face detection systems----just put a hat on the person and there was an issue-----.

Awesome work !

If operational it can well be used for security over high risk targets ie if a small memory device carries the facial data of the workers at lets say PNS mehran the sentry's sight should be able to detect if the person really is a worker by recognoizing his face - if it doesn't the terrorist could be shot before they enter the facility.

Awesome work !

If operational it can well be used for security over high risk targets ie if a small memory device carries the facial data of the workers at lets say PNS mehran the sentry's sight should be able to detect if the person really is a worker by recognoizing his face - if it doesn't the terrorist could be shot before they enter the facility.
Yes you are right. It can be deployed after making entering the photos of all the workers in the database. There is a special software that can match images from different angles.

Yes you are right. It can be deployed after making entering the photos of all the workers in the database. There is a special software that can match images from different angles.

You should contact GHQ (ISPR) & see if they can fund your reserch in further development of this system.

You should contact GHQ (ISPR) & see if they can fund your reserch in further development of this system.
There is an exhibition at expo centre Karachi where different engineering projects will be on display. Our project has also been selected by our university to be displayed there. Hoping for some positive response.

No at this stage it is not capable of this. But later on yes for sure. we basically designed this to guard the hallways, fortification and high security regions or checkpoints.

best of luck to you my main man

Back
Top Bottom