What's new

Sentry Gun with face detection.

BEACONITE

New Recruit

Reaction score
salam everyone. I would like to share my final year project on this forum. It was made by my friends and me. I hope you people like it. Its a sentry gun with face detection. It can further be improved. I hope you people like it. Here is a link of it. There is one fault in the video is that it is inverted. My friend compiled this. Sorry for inverted image.

Last edited by a moderator:
No its not. Its just a simple mechanism involving servo motors and some programming.

Hm, this could be used as something to prevent suicide bombers from getting into sensitive installations. At the very least, even if they do, we'd have good proof it was an inside job and be able to have a straight-forward investigation (with the right procedure for the setting up of the gun, i.e., only a handful of people enter in people's faces into the system so the gun doesn't shoot at them).

Hi,

Good job kid---now, have you shot any rounds with it yet and used and abused it under field conditions----now did you really need it to be mounted on a gun-----how about seperating the two and jsut focus on face recognition gun with attaching it to a weapons-----you know what I am saying-----.

I am not sure if you have any experience with guns or have read up on them---to what happens to accessories and attachment to the guns-----these attachments take a lots of abuse---so my reccomendation would be to keep it simple stupid KI-SS-----. Just remember that pointing a gun is a life threatening act---you never know what to expect----like in case of Lahore scenario.

I was just going through some project demos in my coll....your project is superb :tup: :) :).....

You could make even further improvements for example making it mobile , installing the gun on a tank or a robot . Then you get further innovations and ideas involving the moving platform , detection of distance , objects , obstacles etc .

You can install a gas canister for immobilization as a side-add on , etc etc .....

All the best for your endeavour , btw has your project been graded as yet ..? :)

Hey nice work bro.

Which micro controller have u used for controlling the servo motors? And is the firing mechanism automated of manual?

Hm, this could be used as something to prevent suicide bombers from getting into sensitive installations. At the very least, even if they do, we'd have good proof it was an inside job and be able to have a straight-forward investigation (with the right procedure for the setting up of the gun, i.e., only a handful of people enter in people's faces into the system so the gun doesn't shoot at them).
This is designed for high security areas or checkpoints. Its justa prototype. Right now it detects every other person's face and locks on it. As you mentioned about entering people's faces into the system so the gun doesnt shoot at them, it is possible but it will require intense programming as a separate database had to be maintained. everything is possible.

Further modifications can be made like instead of face detection, it could be motion detection. That was what we originally tried to do. But anyways, this is also not so bad. The project hs not been graded yet. It will be graded on coming saturday. So far we already have won a second prize in hardware exhibition.

Hey nice work bro.

Which micro controller have u used for controlling the servo motors? And is the firing mechanism automated of manual?
We have used the Arduino development board which has ATmega328. Its easier to program than others as it comes with its own burning software and plus many libraries are available for motors. Its an open platform.
We have kept the firing mechanism manual as we should not give a machine much authority to shoot anyone. For shooting, we just have to click on the screen, thats it.

Hi,

Good job kid---now, have you shot any rounds with it yet and used and abused it under field conditions----now did you really need it to be mounted on a gun-----how about seperating the two and jsut focus on face recognition gun with attaching it to a weapons-----you know what I am saying-----.

I am not sure if you have any experience with guns or have read up on them---to what happens to accessories and attachment to the guns-----these attachments take a lots of abuse---so my reccomendation would be to keep it simple stupid KI-SS-----. Just remember that pointing a gun is a life threatening act---you never know what to expect----like in case of Lahore scenario.

Sir, can you please elaborate. We just used a airsoft gun. For a real gun we need better equipments. I think I didnot understand your question.

Further modifications can be made like instead of face detection, it could be motion detection. That was what we originally tried to do. But anyways, this is also not so bad. The project hs not been graded yet. It will be graded on coming saturday. So far we already have won a second prize in hardware exhibition.

Congrats :cheers: !!!

We have used the Arduino development board which has ATmega328. Its easier to program than others as it comes with its own burning software and plus many libraries are available for motors. Its an open platform.
We have kept the firing mechanism manual as we should not give a machine much authority to shoot anyone. For shooting, we just have to click on the screen, thats it.

And what about the programming it? Was it written in C or Hexcode?

Back
Top Bottom