What's new

Security situation in Karachi

mqm_london

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best way to survive a necessary trip to Karachi from London? What are some strategies used by the members of this board that have had to deal with travel to Karachi from abroad due to family emergencies? Please help.

Don't meet anybody except you are bound to meet. Avoid standing at road, in street or at PanShops and do not bare flag of any party or try to show affiliation with either.. no matter what.

Also try to stay in the DHA and other posh areas of the city, they are mostly trouble free.

Last edited:
What is the best way to survive a necessary trip to Karachi from London? What are some strategies used by the members of this board that have had to deal with travel to Karachi from abroad due to family emergencies? Please help.

i visit karachi last month just go there for 3 days and go out of apartment 4 hours in whole 3 days because there was blast at cid HQ that day :D

Holy God, I just realized you are MQM-LONDON! if you really support them then you must worry twice because if somebody is killed in Karachi or kills somebody, MQM is on one of the two sides..

Unfortunately, being a worker of MQM, you always stay at one of the two sides of the coin.. head you kill, but if it is tail, you won't survive to see that you lost.

May Allah be with you and all who live in Karachi and kill those bloody terrorists whoever they are - but my prayer might hurt some of your fellow-workers as well.

Last edited:
Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. I recommend not taking my nick name too seriously (it is meant to be in jest).

Err what security situation? Life is normal here. Maybe it's dangerous if your in the poor areas or ANP majority areas but life in Karachi is good and better than any other Pakistani city.

When you say poor areas, what are you referring to? Does it include North Nazimabad and Hyderi?

best advice is to only let ur family members know of ur arrival , don't go out unless u must , don't open ur wallet in a busy area and also avoid using mobile when out(by the way these two also apply if u were in London).

best advice is to only let ur family members know of ur arrival , don't go out unless u must , don't open ur wallet in a busy area and also avoid using mobile when out(by the way these two also apply if u were in London).

Wow! so no BBQ tonight, no Village, no Nawab, no Katakat from gulshan, no nehari from Delhi Javed, no nothing?

Man this trip is gonna suck.

When you say poor areas, what are you referring to? Does it include North Nazimabad and Hyderi?

No by poor areas I mean orangi town,lyari. North Nazimabad and Hyderi are good affluent areas filled with the educated middle class.

what a Exaggerations by couple of fellow member who are located outside of karachi!

There is no sercurity issues here. Yes killings are happenin but they are "TARGETED" no one gona come shoot you just becoz ur stand at a pan wala or a in busy crowed place this aint bollywood movie where bad guys can do whateva they want. Yes you need to be careful as there are street crimes which is normally in every cosmopolitan cities of the world.

Here is a tip: Just Relax nothing gona happen the more you gona think abt it the more likly its gona to happen so just feel relax and dissolve in the crowed as you part of them but polite and friendly.:pakistan:

Peace

what a Exaggerations by couple of fellow member who are located outside of karachi!

There is no sercurity issues here. Yes killings are happenin but they are "TARGETED" no one gona come shoot you just becoz ur stand at a pan wala or a in busy crowed place this aint bollywood movie where bad guys can do whateva they want. Yes you need to be careful as there are street crimes which is normally in every cosmopolitan cities of the world.

Here is a tip: Just Relax nothing gona happen the more you gona think abt it the more likly its gona to happen so just feel relax and dissolve in the crowed as you part of them but polite and friendly.:pakistan:

Peace

I think you missed the sarcarm.
graphican is a master at sarcasm, although it was unfair to the OP who probably asked in earnest.

don't worry just go and India

Karachi is 99% safe... don't worry

Back
Top Bottom