What's new

Secularism is the only solution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, secularism is better :partay:
That is the only way a Country can progress...............Keep Religion out of Judiciary,Politics,Science(education)..................

Many of my Friends on PDF are not happy with secularism in India................See the irony............

India is secular with name only. Just like Pakistan is Islamic with the name only!

Not true..because what is there in India is not secularism, as we know it.

But another topic, another thread.

I don't know what is your definition of secularism................I being a minority can assure you than none from my family members got any benefit of being from Minority from Government..................What id the difference between secularism practiced in US & India

I don't know what is your definition of secularism................I being a minority can assure you than none from my family members got any benefit of being from Minority from Government..................What id the difference between secularism practiced in US & India

Infinity no offtopic here..let the pakistanis decide about it.

But to say in short - when you have religion specific laws based on religious books, then that country is not secular.

What do you think that

"secularism is the only solution for Pakistan's current situation or something else"..?

its an interesting suggestion considering the genisis of pakistan is religion itself..iff something like that is done i think the whole purpose of creating pakistan is a failure..(just an opinion though)..but having considered the ground realities i dont think the govt rakes such a disasterous step as they would face a grave crisis at home..they would loose the support of mullahs and other..not to mention the rage of millitants.atleast its not a best move for now..

What do you think that

"secularism is the only solution for Pakistan's current situation or something else"..?

Secularism is not the solution, it will lead to civil war. The best solution for the Pakistan is to stay far from USA & its war. All the problem Pakistan currently facing is somehow related to USA.

Infinity no offtopic here..let the pakistanis decide about it.

But to say in short - when you have religion specific laws based on religious books, then that country is not secular.
Am on the Topic you tried to divert it.....................

both are not appropriate examples for us India and Turkey have their dynamics we have our own.....we will face this situation till we don't bring some local solutions to problems......

BTW both are not successful examples.....

well it depends on ur definition of success...yes there might be some disturbances now and then.but considering the fact that there are 100s or even 1000 s of differences betwwen peoplw in terms of reliigion,sect,cast,class,region,language and others iff india is not a successful model it would have become a 1000 nations by now..it stayed intact from its genisis..and will remain so in the future awell...things are getting better..people are accustomed to diversity..

What do you think that

Wait! Let me go ask Hafiz Saeed and Co as well as Hakimullah Mehsud, Mullah Omar and LeJ's Akram Lahori. (He ain't dead yet? :undecided: )

By the way, according to Ali Dayan Hasan, Pakistan director at Human Rights Watch, "Pakistan's tolerance for religious extremists is not just destroying lives and alienating entire communities, it is destroying Pakistani society across the board."

And the lame duck government of Pakistan looks on with spectacular impotence! :fie:

Am on the Topic you tried to divert it.....................

No I did not. You said "some friends on pdf dont like secularism in India". That is why I had to respond.

pakistan is officially 'ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF PAKISTAN'.

The issue is

Pakistan is not as Islamic as its official name suggests

India is NOT as secular as its official name suggests.

Secularism is not the solution, it will lead to civil war. The best solution for the Pakistan is to stay far from USA & its war. All the problem Pakistan currently facing is somehow related to USA.

In today's era we are victims of our strategic location.

Now we cant leave the kambal neither kambal wants to leave us.

So one way or other one or other player will continue aiding our internal terror groups for their own interests as we cant be in all the blocks at the same time.

No I did not. You said "some friends on pdf dont like secularism in India". That is why I had to respond.
That friends may be from Pakistan too......................why should you respond................

Secularism in India is a critical line we have drawn to avoid any religious extremities to go full fledged. There is a huge chunk of people who are raised with respecting other religions, that come in between these religious extremities in India.

Are we perfect Secular state ? No, but then which country is with so much diversity ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom