What's new

Secularism in the context of Pakistan

Yeah and you as usual will bestow us the honour of granting all of us illiterate people the awareness required regarding secularism. What a miserable show of arrogance!

@FaujHistorian

Your description of Islamists keep changing.

Sometimes you say its those who 'believe' in political Islam...which frankly we are talking about up to 80~90% Muslims and is a 'legit' standpoint.

Today you come up with another description which i can say is fairly balanced, minus the pink language.

So which one is correct?

Islamists are those who do politics in name of religion. The term is not used to mean Islamic scholars.

Then you must have devised this new term. It means a scholar who is knowledgable in Islamic studies.

Yeah and you as usual will bestow us the honour of granting all of us illiterate people the awareness required regarding secularism. What a miserable show of arrogance!
Relax aamna ;
I have been following faujhistorian for some time
his style of saying things is diffrent and he is no tolerance for Talibs ( which i admire )
but if you look carefully he has some points

I have asked @FaujHistorian to tone down rhetoric many times and improve the content in post.
This thread has the potential to talk about secularism and what it can do to pakistan, but am afraid its going to be a troll thread due to incorrect tone set by OP.

Relax aamna ;
I have been following faujhistorian for some time
his style of saying things is diffrent and he is no tolerance for Talibs ( which i admire )
but if you look carefully he has some points

I am perfectly calm, i am sure he might be making a few good points as well but the man is surely in the habit of passing political fatwas while name calling others (personal experience) and i find that a perfect show of arrogance.

Am in a whorehouse?

chee chee a mod talking about PDF

in those words

Quite a flowery language that I never expected.

:lol:

T. It [Islamist] means a scholar who is knowledgable in Islamic studies.

Dear bibi sahiba

The definition of yours contradicts the common use of the term.

Please update to say "Islamic Scholar" if you want to refer to someones prowess with Islamic studies.

Thank you

Dear bibi sahiba

The definition of yours contradicts the common use of the term.

Please update to say "Islamic Scholar" if you want to refer to someones prowess with Islamic studies.

Thank you

Common use of the term?? You yourself keep switching the meaning of the term in order to justify your claims. You should first decide for yourself what it means and then inform the rest.

Common use of the term?? You yourself keep switching the meaning of the term in order to justify your claims. You should first decide for yourself what it means and then inform the rest.

That's the lawyerly or in fact lie-erly argument.

Please avoid it if possible.

@FaujHistorian

You don't have a clear position on this. How can a civil debate take place when you don't have a solid position.?

Please share your definitions then.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom