What's new

Second test of Nirbhay cruise missile in February

In september or october they declared that they will test it next month. Same is the case with PDV. They have made the annoucement of testing Numbers of time These guys are simply bunch of Idiots.
I can understand your frustration,but bro,it was not right to call'em idiots. Its mostly the media that twists and turns the words to come up with news like these. For example,when the chief of DRDO is attending a function,as a part of his speech he may say that "we are expecting so and so in this month" casually,just to give the audience an idea. The media,then will columns that "DRDO to do this next month" and all.

Not only platform is changed but LACM and ALCM guidance is slightly different and for the rest of your post,,, ignorance is reeking. Instead of engaging in useless argument, why not read up LACM, ALCM, TERCOM, DSMAC basic to clear up your concepts and why LRG based INS is not solely used in Cruise missiles only.
sorry I have read them but I may have missed some thing please enlighten me on detail,I would like to listen to what you say.

@mafiya,don't you think that the Brahmos block 2 can do the job for now of damaging PAF FABs and ALGs owing to the lack of sttrategic depth of Pakistan??Besides,the Shaurya BGV missiles has gone into production and a conventionally armed Shaurya with a one ton thermobaric warhead at Mach ~8 terminal velocity could be outright devastating.Both of these missiles can inflict damage far beyond anything a subsonic LACM could ever deliver.

[/quote]
Any source for that .

The quest for a Brahmos LACM variant was hinted at in a test at Pokhran during December 2004, the missile being equipped with special image processing software for terminal homing. Although not officially stated, it could well be a Digital Scene Matching Area Correlator (DSMAC) variant, which uses a zoom lens to collect images and matches them with the snaps of the approach to the target stored in the memory, to conduct precision strikes against an array of enemy counter-force and counter-value targets ranging from airfields to overland communications, command and control centres and powerful air defence installations.

WHAT

Not directly related to Nirbhay, but worth a mention -

New X-band SAR seeker developed by DATA Patterns for BrahMos-1 :-

SAR+Seeker+Developed+by+DATA+Patterns+for+BrahMos-1.jpg

According to PSG, this will replace the existing Russian Granit JSC-supplied SGH seeker on BrahMos.

ALPHA Electronics had also reportedly developed it's own version of SAR seeker for BrahMos-1 but
lost the competition to the DATA Patterns seeker.
Is DATA Patterns an Indian company?Did it develop the seeker without any foreign assistance?

Okay its an Indian company but the site doesn't mention about this seeker and sourcing of its components and design.

Okay its an Indian company but the site doesn't mention about this seeker and sourcing of its components and design.
Try to find Trishul blog where he describes everything about Brahmos.

I can understand your frustration,but bro,it was not right to call'em idiots. Its mostly the media that twists and turns the words to come up with news like these. For example,when the chief of DRDO is attending a function,as a part of his speech he may say that "we are expecting so and so in this month" casually,just to give the audience an idea. The media,then will columns that "DRDO to do this next month" and all.

But they have announced the tests multiple times from 2010. This is 2014.

There is no question of IF. These two technologies are must for every subsonic CM.
Yes route is preplanned. Only if data links are installed in CM would alter it's path in real time. To have ground hugging capability, TERCOM is used, and to choose point of impact at terminal guidance, DSMAC is used.

HowStuffWorks "How Cruise Missiles Work"

These two techs are not must for all subsonic CMs.. For example many Anti ship CMs (TERCOM also used against sea targets using magnetic field maps instead of contour maps).. GPS(modern and more flexible) or any type of other new mapping/correction techs can replace TERCOM.. Here Nirbhay uses inertial guidance+GPS/GLONASS for its navigational guidance.. Also a two way satillite communication(or GPS) can replace DSMAC (but DSMAC is simpler as now compact very high memory options are available).. Also TERCOM's main purpose is not ground hugging, it's path correction..

Back
Top Bottom