What's new

Second Battalion of Arunachal Scouts, New Infrastructure Projects Approved

Indian Tiger

Reaction score
Giving Arunachal Pradesh its due as a strategically important border state, India has decided to not only set up the second battalion of the new Arunachal Scouts battalion, but also to expedite operationalisation of the planned advanced landing grounds and construction of border roads.

Defence Minister AK Antony, who was in Itanagar to declare open the five-day festival to celebrate the silver jubilee of Arunachal Pradesh's statehood, announced that the centre has approved a number of proposals made by the state with regard to infrastructure development and creation of job opportunities.

Arunachal Pradesh shares 1,680 square km of international border with China, Myanmar and Bhutan. But China has been claiming about 90,000 sq km of the state's land of its own.

Stressing the importance of a secure, non-porous international border, Antony said the proposals submitted by the state to the Prime Minister’s Office and the Planning Commission to provide connectivity to 22 unconnected administrative centres, construction of foot suspension bridges, log bridges and porter tracks in border areas, as well as providing drinking water facilities in border areas are highly relevant and will definitely be given a serious consideration.

Known earlier as North East Frontier Agency (NEFA), the areas that fall under the present day Arunachal Pradesh were granted full statehood in 1987.

Antony also announced the decision to set up the National Institute of Mountaineering and Adventure Sports (NIMAS) at Dirang.

"This Institute would definitely motivate the local youth to take up adventure sports in large numbers," he said.

Considering the strategic importance of the state, the Defence Minister said, "the defence ministry has also taken a decision on the funding of land acquisition for the company locations of the first battalion of Arunachal Scouts."

He called upon all the concerned agencies to work towards early operationalisation of Advance Landing Grounds (ALGs) in the state.

Antony said the construction of roads in the state needed to be accelerated, particularly on the Tezpur-Tawang sector.

During the last six years, Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has executed work worth more than Rs.2,900 crore ($600 million) for improving and developing the infrastructure in the state.

"But, clearly a lot more needs to be done. We have to also keep in mind sentiments of the local people and ensure that their grievances are taken into account and addressed to the extent possible," he said.

Describing Arunachal Pradesh as the future power house of the country, Antony said when various power projects become operational over the next decade, the revenue earnings of the state would be to the extent of Rs.10,000 crore ($2 billion) annually.

This will make Arunachal Pradesh the richest state in the country in terms of per capita income.

"However, the real challenge lies in ensuring that these projects get implemented as per schedule and distribution of this wealth among the people of the state is equitable. The people of the state must remain vigilant against letting vested interests take over. Though power projects are important, the genuine ecological concerns must be adequately addressed in the process. The other concerns of the common people should also be taken care of," he added.

Second Battalion of Arunachal Scouts, New Infrastructure Projects Approved - Defence Now

i guess you are in a better position to judge what we need !!!!
better then the MOD , the Army's DGMO:)

nice development by the way :tup:

If MOD is run by Anthony, then I think God of Death maybe a more capable person after all.

He has a point. The Army has long delayed forming regiments of us and Arunachalis which was in the pipeline for years. Though we all Indians will fight for every part of our country, if the soldiers are from bordering states, there would be an extra ferocity in any conflict in eastern theatre if you get my point. ;)

You see, we aren't really fond of Reds after what happened throughout the Cold War. North, south and west Indians maybe not so cold towards the Chinese, but we Sikkimese particularly have some serious issues with them. Arunachalis... all the more. :devil:

great news...commie landers need to be given a fitting response on their dirty and greedy face..

What, I was expecting a strike corp to be sanctioned, is the Arunachal scouts a strike corp??

If MOD is run by Anthony, then I think God of Death maybe a more capable person after all.

He has a point. The Army has long delayed forming regiments of us and Arunachalis which was in the pipeline for years. Though we all Indians will fight for every part of our country, if the soldiers are from bordering states, there would be an extra ferocity in any conflict in eastern theatre if you get my point. ;)

You see, we aren't really fond of Reds after what happened throughout the Cold War. North, south and west Indians maybe not so cold towards the Chinese, but we Sikkimese particularly have some serious issues with them. Arunachalis... all the more. :devil:

mate he is an armchair warrior . just like you and me . please do not for a moment think he knows better than the army command as to what is needed .
yes there is a delay in induction and modernization in the army , compared to the navy and air force . but to say we need 2 regiments?
in the IA regiments are not a measure of troops . for instance 1/11 Gurkha are the 1 battalion in the 11 Gurkha regiment , there are no fixed amount of battalions in any regiment .

second how many times we have seen that something is ordered and people for the sake of it just quote that we need more . without having any idea of how these numbers are decided upon.

What, I was expecting a strike corp to be sanctioned, is the Arunachal scouts a strike corp??

no mate but its probably a part of it . they are raising 4 new divisions , and an artillery division for the eastern theater. some of these units will be assigned with others to form the strike corps .

i guess you are in a better position to judge what we need !!!!
better then the MOD , the Army's DGMO:)

nice development by the way :tup:

mate he is an armchair warrior . just like you and me . please do not for a moment think he knows better than the army command as to what is needed .
yes there is a delay in induction and modernization in the army , compared to the navy and air force . but to say we need 2 regiments?
in the IA regiments are not a measure of troops . for instance 1/11 Gurkha are the 1 battalion in the 11 Gurkha regiment , there are no fixed amount of battalions in any regiment .

second how many times we have seen that something is ordered and people for the sake of it just quote that we need more . without having any idea of how these numbers are decided upon.

Kid you need to do some research before personally targeting a member.

Army to recruit one lakh soldiers for China border

Army to recruit one lakh soldiers for China border : North News - India Today

1. When Indian Army and MoD is for recruiting about 1,00,000 troops that deflates ur argument completely.

2. The most important point is that when Indian army is planning to recruit that huge numbers of troops they should go for the recruiting local people in a big way:

a.) Local people know the weather, terrain and situations better.

b.) Local people are habutual to that environment and climate.

c.) It will improve their economic conditions.

d.) They will get merged with India and inclusive growth ill happen.

e.) If there are more local people in the army then the job of enemy will be tougher and they won't get spies too.

Now tell me have i committed a crime by expressing my views???????????

Kid you need to do some research before personally targeting a member.

Army to recruit one lakh soldiers for China border

Army to recruit one lakh soldiers for China border : North News - India Today

1. When Indian Army and MoD is for recruiting about 1,00,000 troops that deflates ur argument completely.

2. The most important point is that when Indian army is planning to recruit that huge numbers of troops they should go for the recruiting local people in a big way:

a.) Local people know the weather, terrain and situations better.

b.) Local people are habutual to that environment and climate.

c.) It will improve their economic conditions.

d.) They will get merged with India and inclusive growth ill happen.

e.) If there are more local people in the army then the job of enemy will be tougher and they won't get spies too.

Now tell me have i committed a crime by expressing my views???????????

considering i am almost 40 , i am flattered by you calling me a kid:lol:
i do not think you read my post or understood it . please feel free to read it again.
i was questioning your statement where you said they need 2 regiments . as i said in my post earlier , the army raises battalions and devisions , never regiments . regiments are not a standard measure of troops numbers.

second i was questioning how you came up with the number as you have no clue (like most of us on this forum ) as to the ORBAT of the eastern command future vision . so quit trying to tell us we need this many or that many without some valid reason ,

PS : you really should have read post #9

sometime i really salute Indian media, they will not let slip one small news. Indian media can do anything to earn more money even if its not in interest of India itself.
In Israel or in Germany or US i am sure china also media will never say how many shoulders are deployed or will deploy and where, even if its available at public domain on govt websites.

If Indian media can, it will also publish most secret military establishments and project details.

If Indian media can't act responsible in country interest then it should be controlled by government.

But do you really think that the generals command the army in our country? Then that is your delusion, my friend. Laws, mandates and pressures are created by ignorant and corrupt politicians that control MOD. Which is why we are the poorest of world powers in armaments till now.

Just because someone gets to some level in ministries doesn't mean he is always fit for it. If you don't believe this, then look at the following 5 people, their actions and its consequences:

- Pratibha Patil
- AK Anthony
- Chidambaram
- Krishna
- MMS

The 5 most powerful people in our country are like this... how can you expect the military to work miracles by working under these losers?

yes there is a delay in induction and modernization in the army , compared to the navy and air force . but to say we need 2 regiments? in the IA regiments are not a measure of troops . for instance 1/11 Gurkha are the 1 battalion in the 11 Gurkha regiment , there are no fixed amount of battalions in any regiment .

The idea is for once, a multi-pronged one. A dedicated regiment for Arunachal means stability and image booster in the region. Till now, most Arunachalis and we have joined random regiments (which I support completely). To get you the idea, think about it; Sikh regiment in Punjab and Rajputana Rifles would be two most involved regiments in case an Indo-Pak war broke out. Not demeaning anyone's dedication but the home-turf factor comes in in some small quantity.

Make an Arunachali the Chief of Army Staff or DM and then see how our Army militarizes eastern region along with lightning speed developments.

I agree. But you do know that we are dearly short of enough armed troops in the NE don't you? Call it ironic, but we're facing a Paretto's principle here vis a vis threat perception.

While 70% of our threat is from East, our short-sighted policy makers have still placed 70% of our military equipment in West and Central regions, and vice versa.

After 1987's tensions with China, nothing was armed. Our policy makers left NE bare naked for the last 25 odd years. Now after so much pressure, the coward Center has grudgingly agreed for militarization of NE.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom