What's new

Second batch of J-10B

J-10C 201
230420zd6nrgjr0q07rnr3.jpg

Is this the test bed for technologies on the C or the prototype? ?

They are all state-owned corporations, the private corporations in China will screw up everything without having a state-owned corporation taking in charge.

I don't know who's with me, but I think sensitive and advanced military manufacturing and design should be state owned only. Private corporations are for profit and thus will sell state secrets for the right price. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of "know-hows" China got from the west were mainly from bribing head honchos from Boeing, Lockheed, GE, etc.

I don't know who's with me, but I think sensitive and advanced military manufacturing and design should be state owned only. Private corporations are for profit and thus will sell state secrets for the right price. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of "know-hows" China got from the west were mainly from bribing head honchos from Boeing, Lockheed, GE, etc.

If the advancement of the Chinese industry was mostly due to supposed espionage, there would be no point to invest so much in R&D and capital.

Finally, congratulation! J10b looks much cooler with WS10A than AL31. Does PLAAF has any plan to replace the Al31FN on J10A with WS10A in the future?

You can't just replace the engine type of an existing aircraft. You would have to modify the airframe and replace a lot of avionics because they have to match the engine. It would be cheaper just to buy more AL31FN to service the existing ones and use WS10A only on new ones.

Congratulations,How many j10 series fighters China plans to induct??

You can't just replace the engine type of an existing aircraft. You would have to modify the airframe and replace a lot of avionics because they have to match the engine. It would be cheaper just to buy more AL31FN to service the existing ones and use WS10A only on new ones.
What if Russia stops providing us AL31FN for replenishment when we have war with Japan?

Is this the test bed for technologies on the C or the prototype? ?

The latter with induction in 2 years。

It may interest you to spot the differences between the "B" and the "C". :D

The serial number suggests that this is likely to be the second batch rather than the J-10C. I hope that you didn't make your conclusion based on its serial number.

Haha their nozzles are different which means _______ .

I believe when WS-10A and variants are designed, our engineers should have both AL-31FN and WS-10A (or variants) in their minds so they can be interchangeable!

Last edited:
What if Russia stops providing us AL31FN for replenishment when we have war with Japan?
you worry too much. China has a massive overhaul plant in sichuan capable of handling replacing most of AL-31FN except engine blade. In nowadays modern warfare between major power, it quite unlikely for a war to drag for more than 6 months.

First of all, the notion of a war with Japan is ridiculous.

Secondly, if Russia refuses to provide engines, then the PLA will have to just retire all the old jets. It would be cheaper to manufacture new ones instead of modifying an old one.

There are rumors that the J-15B will also enter production in two years; got any updates on that?

Who would have the gut to fight country like China I think no one. These countries like USA, Russia, and China are so strong that no country would dare to provoke unless the want to commit a suicide then it's their wrong business.

Back
Top Bottom