What's new

Second batch of J-10B

That's the point! So far there are only guesses based on pics at max, no credible confirmations on specs of the new upgrade, of it's techs, nor the performance changes to J10A.
I asked here for even basic weight specs of the J10B, but didn't get any answer, simply by the fact that nobody knows.

remember this is the PLAAF and not the USAF we are talking about, if you want official, concrete proof, be prepared to wait years and years after the plane is already in service. for the rest of us, we just have to make due with whatever information we come across and try to pick the good info from the bad info, consensus among most of the pla watchers atm is that its aesa, if you don't agree, thats fine, but we do have many hint pointing the aesa route.

It was "expected" that it will have reduced weight and a higher thrust engine, but at least the increased thrust didn't happend for the B (btw, there were several reports in the J10 thread of the PAF section, that talked about the Chinese engine being included in the offer of J10B). I know the pics with the radar too, but the pic doesn't tell you if it's an AESA or PESA, as you can see at the Rafale AESA and PESA for example, let alone tells us anything about the capability of the radar. I don't doubt that an AESA could be integrated, but there are still simply far too much "estimates" on the B and now we start directly going to more speculations on the C. When we don't know if the B has an AESA and what's it's performance is, how can anybody say that the C will have radar improvements? If we don't know how much composites were added to the B, how can anybody say that weight was reduced? What thrust improvement were achived by using the DSI to direct the airflow?

i've personally never heard a trustworthy report/rumor about higher trust except for later production when it switches to a chinese engine. but with reduce weight it would naturally get better thrust to weight ratio. and yes a pic does not definitive say what it is. but it is only one piece of the pie that points it to be an aesa array.

the C variant must have some improvement or different function from B otherwise why would there be a C version?

the stuff about the DSI is not really based on rumor, there plenty of good papers out on what a DSI does to a plane.

PLA will never disclose any spec on its new hardware. Everything we know are by filtering all informations real and false, and by educated deduction and come to a consensus on the possible spec.

Correct specs can be obtained from the manufacturers and the marketing agencies for export versions only.

Never ask for proof of sepc because you will never get one unless your question is intended for CIA or the likes.

J-10BS , two seat ???

233043gr5lr7dfjlfz70mf.jpg

J-10BS , two seat ???

233043gr5lr7dfjlfz70mf.jpg

A 2 seat J-10BS is necessary for conversion of J-10A pilots before they can qualify for single seat J-10B, it is also for pilots of other jet fighters before they are allowed to fly J-10B. Conversion is a process to orientate pilots to learn and familiarised themselve with the handling of the new aircraft so that they can qualify for the new fighter.

Sightings of 20X (X>1) reported。:azn:

Will we see 13X?

If not,then。。。:enjoy:

Nearly enough J-10Bs for two PLAAF regiments(48 birds)。

Batch production of J-10Cs(with bort number 2XX)is scheduled to start in 2015.:enjoy:

f746e75872a46e7977762d63a6fae5df.jpg

An example of craftmanship。:D

Nearly enough J-10Bs for two PLAAF regiments(48 birds)。

Batch production of J-10Cs(with bort number 2XX)is scheduled to start in 2015.:enjoy:

View attachment 101122

An example of craftmanship。:D

How about the much-awaited and new J-11D? Any idea when that might show up and what it might look like?

Awesome .
Especially the front wings .
it's looks like Typhoon .
Would Saudi show interests on J10B?

It takes a very long period of time for a engine to get mature, China will expand its airforce in a incredible speed as long as the engine problem solved.

Would Saudi show interests on J10B?

It takes a very long period of time for a engine to get mature, China will expand its airforce in a incredible speed as long as the engine problem solved.

I hope that :china:

but ,Currently , I don't think .

Because I heard that there are agreements with Pakistan on JF-17 , but until this moment nothing happens .:sad:

one of the reasons of that, is Saudi Arabia need a fighter with 2 engines to replace the Tornado .

Back
Top Bottom