What's new

SCO to be fortified by India

If India joins SCO and any minor bickering with China will weaken SCO. Things only get complicated if Pakistan joins SCO. In that case it will be SAARC duex, too chaotic to counter NATO.

An excellent point :tup:

india wont join coz pakistan later on will be a part and china already.we have border disputes with all of them.

Shanghai Cooperation Organization is a regional organization, the future certainly will include Pakistan, and even more countries. Of course, the Shanghai Cooperation Organization is a voluntary, no one is forced, you can choose not to join.

india wont join coz pakistan later on will be a part and china already.we have border disputes with all of them.

This will hardly be the reason, for India not joining SCO..India and Pakistan are members of SARC also, in fact India has never allowed its foreign policy to be dictated by its pakistan concern.

Previously also India has never joined or quit any alliances, due to Pakistan.

Von Hölle;1157044 said:
This will hardly be the reason, for India not joining SCO..India and Pakistan are members of SARC also, in fact India has never allowed its foreign policy to be dictated by its pakistan concern.

in sco pakistan will dance more due to china and how much saarc is successful?

India donot feel like it will be beneficial to it . What will India gain from SCO ? Nothing

Joining SCO will be seen as a CBM in Sino-Indian relations. It will give an oppurtunity for the two countries to forge closer ties. If you have disputes, locking yourself away will not solve them. Making alliances such as these will help alleviate issues with our neighbors.

I think an organization like SCO is very relevant at the point. Economically and politically it can form a major power block. Though all countries are at varying degrees of development, they control access to major resources.

South Asia is at least OK, however, Central Asia is even more confusing, there is no involvement of Pakistan, it is impossible to achieve regional security and stability, we look forward to the day, Pakistan as a member of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.

Von Hölle;1157044 said:
India and Pakistan are members of SAARC also, in fact India has never allowed its foreign policy to be dictated by its pakistan concern.

SAARC, is a chaotic organization, which is the stage for Shouting matches between India and Pakistan. The other member sit around with bemusement.

What has SAARC delivered to its members that could not have been delivered with a bi-lateral relation with India? None of the SAARC members border each other except with India.

SCO is an ambitious project, the talk of Russia-China-India axis to counter US-NATO. So, the bonds have to be a bit tighter more akin like US and Europe, they may differences but France is not going to war with US any time soon. That is not the case with SCO-India, there are too many disputes, rhetoric and posturing for domestic and international consumption.

I hope we can make it happen, but we are far away from that. There is no point joining an organization only to be shouted K A S H M I R in shangai or moscow.

in sco pakistan will dance more due to china and how much saarc is successful?

You are underestimating the power of Indian diplomacy.
besides Pakistan is a member of OIC and in you words it " dances " there plenty, but India still wants to become a member of OIC.

Diplomatic victory is not achieved by isolating yourself , but by having a say everywhere.

SAARC, is a chaotic organization, which is the stage for Shouting matches between India and Pakistan. The other member sit around with bemusement.

What has SAARC delivered to its members that could not have been delivered with a bi-lateral relation with India? None of the SAARC members border each other except with India.

SCO is an ambitious project, the talk of Russia-China-India axis to counter US-NATO. So, the bonds have to be a bit tighter more akin like US and Europe, they may differences but France is not going to war with US any time soon. That is not the case with SCO-India, there are too many disputes, rhetoric and posturing for domestic and international consumption.

I hope we can make it happen, but we are far away from that. There is no point joining an organization only to be shouted K A S H M I R in shangai or moscow.

I agree SAARC is an ineffective organisation, but still Indian does not quit SAARC, you know why?

Why should we quit and isolate ourselves?

India needs to align its strategic interest with China and Russia first. Its relationship with the U.S is a concern.

SCO is a counterweight to the U.S a NATO for both China and Russia. If India cannot commit to that it should not join. For now, I don't see it. It won't help anyone.

India needs to align its strategic interest with China and Russia first. Its relationship with the U.S is a concern.

SCO is a counterweight to the U.S a NATO for both China and Russia. If India cannot commit to that it should not join. For now, I don't see it. It won't help anyone.

I dont agree with that. China and to an extent Russia may desire that, but it's not the stated aim of the organization.

If India can balance its changing (positively) relationship with US with that of its age-old friend Russia, there's no saying why it cant do the same vis-a-vis the SCO.

The SCO is more a forum for finding common ground on economic and international diplomatic issues than a full fledged military one .....India joining should increase its crediblity a lot as on most issues India and China have similar perspectives .......

Back
Top Bottom