What's new

Saudisation of Pakisan

Just to clarify , Sanskrit is not integral part of Hinduism . In many parts local languages are used for most parts and there is no misunderstanding . For example tamil . They also have their own literature which goes along with translated Sanskrit literature for example Tolkappiyam . And i in no ways am suggesting that Sanskrit is not used at all . Majority of Hindus Don't understand Sanskrit including me . Does that make me any less hindu ( Atheist Hindu i mean ) .

Again Hinduism is a diverse system of thought with beliefs spanning monotheism, polytheism, panentheism, pantheism, monism, atheism, agnosticism, gnosticism among others but that is another topic .

True, but anyone who wanted to study the Vedas in their original form would need to learn Sanskrit. It is not a requirement to be a Hindu, but there's no denying that the Sanskrit language is invaluable for understanding the history of Hinduism (and Buddhism).

Oh oh..... my arm is hurting. It must be the legs fault. Bye. :wave:

The same reason why the IRA was able to recruit so many of theirs from a seemingly progressive & educated society !

The same reason why Neo-Nazism still exists in a country like Germany of all places !

No religious, social, economic or political belief system has a monopoly on 'violence' but all of them, as History has taught us, have a grave propensity for abuse just by virtue of them being 'belief systems' !

Same as ours (you may call me the opposition here). A Catch 22. :P

Btw, it's always a pleasure debating with you mate.

The Point is, at the end.. I have greater chances of making you understand what I wish to convey(mostly not possible due to the fact that I dont like making statements until I am a 100% sure of what I am talking about).. as compared to my second opposition.
That opposition has no ear for my statements, nor does it want to listen otherwise.. it is hell bent on copying and pasting without spending the hours reading and understanding the Quran and Sunnah.

And you have much more to fear from them, as do I..

I am in rush so can't say much but @Armstrong and @Aeronaut , you guys are insisting on mismanagement, poor governace and no regulation of Madrassas, i agree with your point however I still can't get my head around the fact that people are attracted towards Radical Islam in U.K and Europe, Every mosque, every madrasa is regulated but why U.K and France is on the path to radicalism , please answer this

You have a valid point, for that i will put my thoughts forward. There is a TINY fraction of Muslims that take up radicalism in the Europe and North America and that is owed to the regulation etc. On the other hand, radicalism isn't restricted to Islam, you have the examples of Nazis, and more recently the Christian, Norwegien terrorist that shot dead scores of kids out of his ideology. Regulation can keep them a controllable minority.

We, can go on and debate it for ages, but the main point we were discussing is the salafist school of thought being injected into Pakistan since zia came into power. Would you have a radicalized society or a tiny bunch of idiots only able to inflict controllable damage?... your pick.

Please check this: BBC World Service - The Documentary, America's Own Extremists

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude...... that fart was a nuclear fart which carried the radioactivity to our lands and entered our food chain.....which eventually led to the nose bleed, due to radiation poisoning... :woot:

At least I got it localized to the body; your argument was more like - I have a nose bleed because someone farted a thousand miles away ! :omghaha:

Before Zia rule everything was fine in Pakistan dictators ruined this country.

Intellectual debate is logical. Religion is a set of beliefs. The two domains do not mix well, since using logic to attempt to influence anyone's beliefs is bound to be an exercise in futility.

That's Why I like to position it along the lines of values - you will find that regardless of "beliefs" , people can discuss values and it's more meaningful in these "culture wars"

Look at what it has boiled down to -- exactly from where it started - Islam - what is Islam, true , Islam, Text in Context, Faith, certitude, etc etc

Which means what? That our problem is Islam?? Oh Goodness, no, that's a can of worms, do we really want to go there? -- Oh, it not Islam, it's the understanding of Islam - Khush?

Any way you look at it, you start with and end up with islam.

Please ignore me if you feel that i just diverting this thread...But i always wonder...why every small issue in Pakistan is always leads to Islamic religious books,teachings some verbage presented by members to justify there posts....Is there not a truth outside religion ? Is religion or religious teachings are the only truth or some kind of yard stick for every reasoning in Pakistan?

Back
Top Bottom