What's new

Saudis furious over ‘King of the Sands’ screening

I dont think this movie would have been on the radar as much, had it not been for the backlash from Saudi leaders.

Yeap.

Unfortunately Iranian Ayatullah Khabeesi did the same about a no-name pathetic book called "Satanic verses".

Wherever there are Mullahs and tribals, there is this $tupid censorship.

peace

I dont think this movie would have been on the radar as much, had it not been for the backlash from Saudi leaders.

The movie has been out for more than a year, it was shown in many countries, you still haven't heard of it so far, at least not until Syrian Lion brought up, and you taking about backslash? Come on! Give it a rest budd. :lol:

The movie has been out for more than a year, it was shown in many countries, you still haven't heard of it so far, at least not until Syrian Lion brought up, and you taking about backslash? Come on! Give it a rest budd. :lol:

On the other hand the Saudis don't give a hoot to what others might say or have to say in regard to the country or its leaders. Dogs bark; caravans goes on.
:triniti:

You said it yourself, the movie has been out for a year. And I havent heard about it until now, when news came out about Saudi Arabia condemning it.
So you just made my point. lol

You said it yourself, the movie has been out for a year. And I havent heard about it until now, when news came out about Saudi Arabia condemning it.
So you just made my point. lol

The fact should sound as simple as this:

If the movie came out a year ago in western countries, it would attract critics to jump up on it. Funnily enough we heard nothing on this from Syria, at least not until Lion created a thread on it to feed his ego :lol:

Beside, there is a bit of contradiction on the subject, there has been no official condemnation for a thing on that regard so far.

On the other hand the Saudis don't give a hoot to what others might say or have to say in regard to the country or its leaders. Dogs bark; caravans goes on.
:triniti:

Assad tried to wage terror attacks within KSA in Riyadh, Jeddah, and Mecca but failed so far. Basically, the movie reflects a huge amount of anger among the pro-Assad Shabihas at us :lol:
Nothing out of the blue.

Last edited:
It doesn't have anything to do with Assad, it's just a historical movie made by a Syrian national, get over it.

Not every movie made in Hollywood has a hidden conspiracy theory either.

We know Najdat Anzoor very well. No need to defend him, unless you speak Arabic.

He literarily said the fallowing " The Saudis must understand that the price-tag of this movie is to rebuild Syria "

" President Assad is the minaret for all Syrians "

" President Assad is the only man who shall save Syria "

@FaujHistorian @al-Hasani @JUBA @Arabian Legend

@ResurgentIran
I haven't seen the Syrian movie and I have no opinion about it, but there shouldn't be so much fuss about it.

Regarding 300, I don't know if you have seen the movie or not, but only looking at appearance of Persian soldiers which look more like monsters than humans, showing them like backwards while history proves that Persian empire was more developed compared to Macedonians and Greek lands or a ridiculous homo looking nude king shown as Xerxes and also a lot of exaggerations is enough to back my word.

But I want to state again that I have nothing against 300, although I believe it's not based on facts, but it's just a movie and movies are not supposed to be necessarily based on facts, documentaries are.

300 is as racist as Argo.

Both movies - regardless of the time-scale - aims to portray Persians as backward savages. It wasn't all about the looking(s) of the Persian solider in 300, but the language and the attitude of Persians equals barbarism.

Similarly, Argo is no better but actually worse. Take the language and the body-language that was given to every Iranian character in the movie as examples, not to mention the chants, emotions, and behavior.

I understand that movies shouldn't be based on facts, but racism is something that people shouldn't endorse for all seriousness Serpa!!!!

Last edited:
Actually I must admit that the trailer was not that bad, LOL!

Anyway at the end of the day it is just a movie made by an Al-Assad stooge and Ba'athi. Of course it will not be neutral and of course it will get exaggerated and of course there will be historical fallacies.

What I don't like is the "based on truth" facts nonsense that I saw in the beginning of that trailer.

I guess that we, the Arab people that are against Al-Assad's form of Ba'athism could make a similar movie about his many crimes starting from the early 1980's but everyone knows about those.

We people from the Middle East sometimes refer our leaders/great historical leaders too much (not talking about the religious ones) so I guess it can be healthy to face a different view.

Maybe in a more constructive way than this movie with all due probability shows. I prefer the actual historical documentaries about House of Saud and the unification of Saudi Arabia but each to his own.

Back
Top Bottom