What's new

Saudi who fought in Iraq now in Syria

Doritos11

Reaction score
Country
Iraq
Saudi Gazette report
Saudi Gazette - Saudi who fought in Iraq now in Syria

RIYADH — A Saudi citizen who was brainwashed to fight in Iraq before he was deported back to the Kingdom is now fighting in the civil war in Syria, Al-Hayat newspaper reported.

Ahmad Abdullah Al-Shaie narrowly escaped death and suffered scarring to his face and hands in a failed suicide attack that he previously denied carrying out in Iraq.
He was deported back to the Kingdom in 2005.

In Saudi Arabia he received both medical treatment and counseling in a bid to stop him repeating his actions.

However, he shocked his family when he announced through his Twitter account that he had joined militants in Syria fighting the Syrian regime. His father Abdullah said his son traveled to Riyadh from Jeddah with his brother. He then disappeared and after five days called his father to tell him that he was at the Syrian border.

Abdullah said, "I was shocked because I was trying to forget the bad experience when my son was in Iraq; now it is happening again in Syria."

Abdullah said that he saw a picture of his son holding a machine gun and with burns still all over his body circulating online. The father said that he did not have any indication that Ahmad was trying to leave for Syria. Abdullah said in his appeal to his son: "Please return to your country and family."

Al-Shaie said on Twitter that he tried to die as a martyr when he blew up a truck in Iraq but instead he was captured.

He said that he was lucky to go and fight again in Syria. In an interview with a local daily back in 2007, Al-Shaie denied having carried out any suicide attempt in Iraq. He said that in 2005 he went to Iraq to fight US troops there.

The leader of his group in Iraq asked him to drive a gas tanker to a place in the Al-Mansour district of Baghdad.

Al-Shaie said he was suspicious about why he had been chosen and did not know there were explosives in the truck that then detonated as he was driving.

He told the newspaper: “We thought the Iraqis were on our side. I never doubted them, as I used to see them fasting and praying. I thought they were doing jihad and it never crossed my mind that they may want to kill me.”

Al-Shaie was convinced to fight in Iraq in 2005 after meeting an old friend who told him about jihad and stories of fighters in Afghanistan and Chechnya.

The friend showed him a fatwa (religious edict) permitting Saudis to go to Iraq to fight without the approval of their parents and the country’s government. 
@Yzd Khalifa

Looks like this program sucks, execution is the only medicine for these, Iraq or Saudi Arabia should execute them not return them. rehabilitation is BS, it did work according to the vid for some, but no numbers given, personally I doubt it works on the majority.

I hope they do not offer terrorists rehabilitation after they blow up something in Saudi Arabia.. why offer it when they do it in foreign states.. I don't get it.

Last edited:
Looks like this program sucks

I'm guessing you are referring to the rehab program right? If so, then, no, this guy wasn't admitted into the Saudi Anti-terrorism rehab.

execution is the only medicine for these

rehabilitation is BS, it did work according to the vid for some, but no numbers given, personally I doubt it works on the majority.

Depend on what kind of radicalism you are talking about. There are people who preach radicalism, people who encourage it, people who raise funds, and people who are physically RADICAL. Let just not jump the gun :) ..

The video you attached is for media use, it doesn't have to be accurate or precise. The point the video is trying to make is that people out of rehab are likely to re-develop radical thoughts, which is utterly incorrect.

Iraq or Saudi Arabia should execute them not return them.

No, they must be brought or caught alive. Idk about Iraq though ...

I hope they do not offer terrorists rehabilitation after they blow up something in Saudi Arabia.. why offer it when they do it in foreign states.. I don't get it.

I did happen to KSA twice, the attacks took no lives but Saudis' but we value everybody's life, Al-Qaida doesn't at all.

If you cared to read my analysis to the situation Iraq is going through, you might understand their ultimate goal.

We don't pave the way to them to escapes especially to Yemen/Iraq and now Jordan :) ..

Saudi Gazette report
Saudi Gazette - Saudi who fought in Iraq now in Syria

RIYADH — A Saudi citizen who was brainwashed to fight in Iraq before he was deported back to the Kingdom is now fighting in the civil war in Syria, Al-Hayat newspaper reported.

Ahmad Abdullah Al-Shaie narrowly escaped death and suffered scarring to his face and hands in a failed suicide attack that he previously denied carrying out in Iraq.
He was deported back to the Kingdom in 2005.

In Saudi Arabia he received both medical treatment and counseling in a bid to stop him repeating his actions.

However, he shocked his family when he announced through his Twitter account that he had joined militants in Syria fighting the Syrian regime. His father Abdullah said his son traveled to Riyadh from Jeddah with his brother. He then disappeared and after five days called his father to tell him that he was at the Syrian border.

Abdullah said, "I was shocked because I was trying to forget the bad experience when my son was in Iraq; now it is happening again in Syria."

Abdullah said that he saw a picture of his son holding a machine gun and with burns still all over his body circulating online. The father said that he did not have any indication that Ahmad was trying to leave for Syria. Abdullah said in his appeal to his son: "Please return to your country and family."

Al-Shaie said on Twitter that he tried to die as a martyr when he blew up a truck in Iraq but instead he was captured.

He said that he was lucky to go and fight again in Syria. In an interview with a local daily back in 2007, Al-Shaie denied having carried out any suicide attempt in Iraq. He said that in 2005 he went to Iraq to fight US troops there.

The leader of his group in Iraq asked him to drive a gas tanker to a place in the Al-Mansour district of Baghdad.

Al-Shaie said he was suspicious about why he had been chosen and did not know there were explosives in the truck that then detonated as he was driving.

He told the newspaper: “We thought the Iraqis were on our side. I never doubted them, as I used to see them fasting and praying. I thought they were doing jihad and it never crossed my mind that they may want to kill me.”

Al-Shaie was convinced to fight in Iraq in 2005 after meeting an old friend who told him about jihad and stories of fighters in Afghanistan and Chechnya.

The friend showed him a fatwa (religious edict) permitting Saudis to go to Iraq to fight without the approval of their parents and the country’s government. 
@Yzd Khalifa

Looks like this program sucks, execution is the only medicine for these, Iraq or Saudi Arabia should execute them not return them. rehabilitation is BS, it did work according to the vid for some, but no numbers given, personally I doubt it works on the majority.

Poor selfish bastard doing everything for his paradise

How did these cunts get out of Saudi prisons in the first place, no rehab is given to terrorists that attack Saudi Arabia only for Saudis that are killing abroad, they release terrorists to go to Syria ?

Though I appreciate your comments but please allow me to join you in this discussion please :smart:?

How did these cunts get out of Saudi prisons in the first

The cunts you're speaking about are pathological liars, trying to convince as many anti-Assad youths as possible by citing their fairy tales about their stories that they were discharged from prison, and now joined Al-Qaida in Syria.

no rehab is given to terrorists that attack Saudi Arabia only for Saudis that are killing abroad, they release terrorists to go to Syria ?

That's illogical :lol: How would the Gov't knows about their intentions when the rehab program includes all types of radical? Or are you suggesting that there has to be two separate rehabs? = /

How did these cunts get out of Saudi prisons in the first place, no rehab is given to terrorists that attack Saudi Arabia only for Saudis that are killing abroad, they release terrorists to go to Syria ?

Why Assad his Alawite Christian Thugs Rapist have shared Power with All the Sunni groups fighting in Syria as this War never went so Bad and there were No Millions of Syrian Sunni Refugees in Jordan, Turkey, Lebanon and other parts of World, Assad is enemy of not only Sunnis but also Alawites and Syrian Christian as this War will get Worse and Worse with every passing month! May Allah Subhanoo Wat'ala saves Innocant Sunnis of Syria for Evil of Assad and his Thugs Ameen

Though I appreciate your comments but please allow me to join you in this discussion please :smart:?

The cunts you're speaking about are pathological liars, trying to convince as many anti-Assad youths as possible by citing their fairy tales about their stories that they were discharged from prison, and now joined Al-Qaida in Syria.

Could be, they do lie. No way for us to know anyway.

Could be, they do lie. No way for us to know anyway.

Al-Qaida as a group never used lies to promot their interests in general, but in particular a portion of their operatives do though.

If it DOES contest the reality on the ground - as you pointed out their terroristic acts within KSA - then logic entails us to deny the notion these renegade people try to market.

So, yes, they did lie on that.

Al-Qaida as a group never used lies to promot their interests in general, but in particular a portion of their operatives do though.

If it DOES contest the reality on the ground - as you pointed out their terroristic acts within KSA - then logic entails us to deny the notion these renegade people try to market.

So, yes, they did lie on that.
Bro, saying ''kill people and you will come into paradise'' is the biggest lie.

Bro, saying ''kill people and you will come into paradise'' is the biggest lie.

Not according to the mentalities we are discussing. This doctrine is subject to examination based upon rationality per person.

At the end of the day it is a question of morality not factuality. ;)

Back
Top Bottom