What's new

Saudi Arabia's Global Arms Shopping Spree

Nope my brother no one plays a 'great role'. Its because of our inability to unite our people that we suffer at the hands of those whom Allah has condemned to Hell in Quran. Who accroding to Quran are living in this world as condemned prisoners.

I m for less friction. If confrontation can be avoided between Muslim countries, it gives us strength. Iran and Saudi Arabia or any other Muslim nation is equal to me.

The reason for our collective thrashing and humiliation is because we all are too busy pulling each other down.

Think about it :)

Yes, easier said than done. In reality we Arabs and Iranians share somewhat quite a lot in common. The Iranians first became relevant when they encountered us Semites in modern day Iraq (Babylonians and Assyrians) and they got heavily influenced by them. Later they somewhat influenced us. Then came Islam from the Arabs which influenced the Iranians greatly. To this day their alphabet is just a slight modification of the Arabic one, they have adopted several hundred Arabic words or modified them, the cuisine is somewhat similar, some people could pass for each other in terms of appearance, both regions are Muslim etc.

But that and maybe even more can be said about you Paksitanis and Indians. Why are you fighting? You were one body just 68 years ago, when your grandfather was your age probably or a young kid - depending on how old you are. India has nearly as many Muslims as Pakistan. Why can't you live together in peace too? You are at war which each other. We only have a ancient rivalry and proxy wars. Also knowing that Pakistan also was Hindu before the appearance of Islam - at least some regions.
Why is it that the same Punjabis across the border, that only are separated by a artificial border and a religion, are diehard enemies today?
You see that is just how the world is. Why is it that two brothers can be the biggest enemies or father and son? Or mother and daughter?

We Muslims all commit sins every single day. Some bigger and some smaller.

KSA is no better or worse in that department but it seems, judging from this forum at least, that racism, beatings etc. for example are only a strictly Saudi Arabian phenomenon. Or sectarianism. You name it. Which is obviously needless to say complete and utter nonsense.

I like your words and I am sure that you are a sensible person and Muslim but what you preach you were guilty of yourself in just this thread alone where you insulted us Saudi Arabians for no reason.

You see how quickly we commit sins or how quickly our hypocrisy gets revealed?

Last edited:
And I took my words back too! See if you say or do something wrong, there is always a recourse.

That is fine. I don't take any hard feelings about your comments or that of others. Often it bounds in ignorance with all due respect or a opinion formed by certain events which you as a person want to see fitting on every topic regarding that certain country/people/religion/person etc. in order not to get your views challenged because it is much easier that way. You don't have to make through analysis etc. that way. You operate from the same perspective. I am guilty of that too. We are all guilty of that. It is called being simplistic and lacking knowledge and as we know we humans will always lack that form birth to death for obvious reasons but often old age is limiting that but not ALWAYS mind you.

I am more interested to see a reply to my post if anything. Since I quite frankly belief, that I made a lot of sense. I know that this might sound somewhat arrogant but I truly do.

Last edited:
That is fine. I don't take any hard feelings about your comments or that of others. Often it bounds in ignorance with all due respect or a opinion formed by certain events which you as a person wants to see fitting on every topic regarding that country in order not to get your views challenged because it is much easier that way. You don't have to make through analysis etc. You operate from the same perspective. I am guilty of that too. We are all guilty of that.

I am more interested to see a reply to my post if anything. Since I quite frankly belief, that I made a lot of sense. I know that this might sound somewhat arrogant but I truly do.

The fundamental issue of problems arising in today's world is the concept of nation states.

When you see Saudi Arabia as a nation, a nation has its own interests which are in direct confrontation with principles we are taught in Quran. So when you reduce yourself to tribal rivalry, prejudice or finds ways to implement those prejudices, thats where all the troubles arise. Think about it, isn't this against teachings of Quran.

Same is the principle in case of Pakistan. It being a nation state. The reasons for confrontation between India and Pakistan are totally different than reasons for confrontation between Syria and Saudi Arabia or Saudi Arabia and Iran.

If the confrontation is because of sects, then for me its artificial and is against our teachings. In case of Pakistan and India, India has been busy in undoing Pakistan right from beginning. Its a totally different topic and I dont want to elaborate beyond that.

Iqbal was the greatest thinker Muslim world has produced this last century. He said and I agree with him that as 'shirk' (sharing someone in Oneness of Almighty) changes its face every generation, today's biggest shirk is nationalism. It has not only made Muslims to confront each other but it has distanced us from the Almighty too.

I know it's a stab at me i thought you would slay me with you're arabian sword for derailing(kind of) you're last thread :angel:.

LOL. I was referring to our Iranian users comment number 24 in this thread. I think we all know what he tried to start or do. I might commit mistakes, be wrong, loose my temper or be guilty of the same things I now write, but I am not stupid.

No, I don't touch women and I can't imagine myself being physical to one ever. Always respected women because I hold my mother in extremely high regard, who raised me and took care of me since the day I was born and my 2 elder sisters and my younger sister. As I do with my maternal grandmother and late paternal grandmother, may she rest in peace.

If you have noticed then I am very much in favor of giving women a more leading role in this society because I belief that they are better than us men on many areas.

If you were a man though I would have no problem slaying you with a Arabian sword. Not only that but a bazooka too, LOL.

LOL. I was referring to our Iranian users comment number 24 in this thread. I think we all know what he tried to start or do. I might commit mistakes, be wrong, loose my temper or be guilty of the same things I now write, but I am not stupid.

No, I don't touch women and I can't imagine myself being physical to one ever. Always respected women because I hold my mother in extremely high regard, who raised me and took care of me since the day I was born and my 2 elder sisters and my younger sister. As I do with my maternal grandmother and late paternal grandmother, may she rest in peace.

If you have noticed then I am very much in favor of giving women a more leading role in this society because I belief that they are better than us men on many areas.

If you were a man though I would have no problem slaying you with a Arabian sword. Not only that but a bazooka too, LOL.

Slaying a man for just derailing a thread?? Isn't it a little too much lol. Okay please don't bring Pakistan and India in the thread since this thread has no connection with that in the least.

Slaying a man for just derailing a thread?? Isn't it a little too much lol. Okay please don't bring Pakistan and India in the thread since this thread has no connection with that in the least.

:lol:

I thought my joke was very clear. Thought I was serious enough in the first part of that post that you have quoted. I also thought that the LOL was sufficient enough.:cheesy:

Iran has also nothing to do with this thread but since we Arabs and Iranians are rivals, despite having quite a lot in common as I wrote in post number 31 in this thread, the same can be said about you Pakistanis and Indians who are de facto at war which each other if not even more so. It was a side comment to one of airmarshal's posts that I saw very fitting.

I thought my joke was very clear. Thought I was serious enough in the first part of that post that you have quoted. I also thought that the LOL was sufficient enough.:cheesy:

Iran has also nothing to do with this thread but since we Arabs and Iranians are rivals, despite having quite a lot in common as I wrote in post number 31 in this thread, the same can be said about you Pakistanis and Indians who are de facto at war which each other if not even more so. It was a side comment to one of air marshal's posts that I saw very fitting.

No i understand the analogy but even though Pakistan and India are at war with each other the scenario is not even close to that of Iran and KSA on many levels. Both cases are entirely different.

Last edited:
I don't really care about anything he says. All I wanted is to counter claim.

Let him burn in hell, not of my bleeping business :lol:

I tried to be calm but seriously what kind of posts are that? We see such posts on a DAILY basis SEVERAL times a day. Only aimed at provoking people and make us loose our calm which I can often be guilty of. Can't help it.

I know that this is just a internet forum and that I should leave the trolls alone. After all this is only a virtual life. We should strive to make good in the real life and not here. In real life I am a very calm and collected person. Chemical engineering teach you that. No other way around it.

I guess all this amount to ignorance and some kind of either hatred, envy or whatever. Maybe people have so high expectations about KSA for religious and historical reasons that they expect us to be the best in every field or a perfect society.

I am sorry to inform you all but Prophet Muhammad's (saws) generation and that of previous Prophets on the land of what is today KSA will never be repeated. We will always look up towards them and not down. ALWAYS.

Just leave us alone instead of provoking us in every thread. Hate us all you want, we don't care, just don't destroy every thread that we take part in or threads about our beautiful and ancient country and its people. I don't see any of us Saudi Arabians trolling any other sections of the forum. Simply don't understand it.

The fundamental issue of problems arising in today's world is the concept of nation states.

When you see Saudi Arabia as a nation, a nation has its own interests which are in direct confrontation with principles we are taught in Quran. So when you reduce yourself to tribal rivalry, prejudice or finds ways to implement those prejudices, thats where all the troubles arise. Think about it, isn't this against teachings of Quran.

Same is the principle in case of Pakistan. It being a nation state. The reasons for confrontation between India and Pakistan are totally different than reasons for confrontation between Syria and Saudi Arabia or Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Syria case is unique, the majority of people there are sick with Assad rezime. Instead of giving democracy to the people, Assad make a decision to fight the opposition. Just remember what will happen in indonesia if Soeharto who was still backed by the military at that time (1998) didnt want to surrender ? Thanks to ALLAH he surrendered and gave the power to Habibie in 1998.

Iran and Hisbullah has to stay away from Syria. Thats it. Do they want to be the enemy of the Moslem world ?????????

Last edited:
Iran has also nothing to do with this thread but since we Arabs and Iranians are rivals, despite having quite a lot in common as I wrote in post number 31 in this thread, the same can be said about you Pakistanis and Indians who are de facto at war which each other if not even more so. It was a side comment to one of airmarshal's posts that I saw very fitting.

I dont think Iranians and Arabs are really rivals or enemies. This Iran-Arab rivalry is just nonsense. It belongs in ancient history imo.
Its time to move forward from this. Danish and Swedes had viking wars and stuff, but today is new world.
Political dispute between Saudi Arabia and Iran have no real foundation in semi-modern time. We used to have a lot of trade and friendly relations before oil was discovered and foreign powers inserted themselves in the region.

Like I have said, its in the interest of both Iran and KSA to have better relations. It will reduce sectarian tension in the region a great deal, and bring a lot of economic benefits for both countries. Its a shame that a region with so much rich culture and history, is being held down and not reaching full potential.
In reality, we could become an economic union more powerful than EU and the likes.

Last edited:
KSA has a population of close to 35 million of which there are doubts since the population data is vague. And there are many illegals too. KSA has one of the fastest growing populations. The country is already 1.5 times bigger than Iran and has all the resources necessary and a very strategic location. We don't need 1 billion people.

wrong sweety.

All the chics are interested in maintaining their figure these days, and saudi guys are busy @ Bahrain.
From what I have observed, FAMILY is their very last priority.

wrong sweety.

All the chics are interested in maintaining their figure these days, and saudi guys are busy @ Bahrain.
From what I have observed, FAMILY is their very last priority.

Yes. You have over 200 countries in the world and KSA is consistenlly in the top 30-40 in terms of population growth. I think it is needless to say that one could look at the population growth in the last 50-60 years in the entire Middle East region.

Lastly population measurements in KSA are always a messy thing for obvious reasons. The current population is not even fully known.

Only Africa and some other parts of Asia can rival that.

Your observations are wrong overall and might only reflect a few individuals.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom