What's new

Saudi Arabia offers India $ 625 bn investment opportunities.

'Doing well' depends upon execution. but the thing that's clear for all major MNCs is that the next round of growth will come from emerging markets. So the investments will continue here. And for the same reason BRICS are not going to invest heavily in the west. US Economy is 14 trillion USD. Even today, China+ india doesn't match that number.

Yes MNC's are going to invest in BRICS nations but the edge will be with the home grown companies as the Govt. policies favour them.

Yes Going by the GDP stats India, China will not match with USA or EU but may be within next decade.

India and China are going to invest in Africa and Latin America for continuing their growth.

Go through the below graph

800px-Top_five_largest_economies_in_2050.jpg

Based on the current GDP

USA is at 14 Trillion which is in fiscal deficit and recession, European Union close to 15 Trillion (lot of economies are bankrupt and very low growth rate)

In comparison BRICS is with GDP close to 14 Trillion and is having an average growth rate of close to 5%. Who will invest more in next decade ???

Is it cash strapped EU or USA??

Below is the prediction done by Gaurdian

GDP projections from PwC: how China, India and Brazil will overtake the West by 2050

GDP-projections-to-2050-g-007.jpg

GDP projections from PwC: how China, India and Brazil will overtake the West by 2050 | News | guardian.co.uk

This is the prediction for 2020

Beyond_the_tax_forum_1.ashx

You seem to be really stupid, sorry to say that. But you cannot answer my question. Instead you are talking about the future now and about the projected GDP figures.

I am asking you just one thing, not about predicted GDP figures:

Why cant you just admit that your statement is wrong?

" At present only BRICS nation s have the capability to invest in foreign countries."
Thats nonsense for the 42323523523th time!

Prove it!!!

I dont get it these Arabs can befriend our enemies, but we must maintain enemity with their enemies.

I dont get it these Arabs can befriend our enemies, but we must maintain enemity with their enemies.

Nice..you mess up your own economy and complain when the arabs look at other places that are more stable for investments?

Nice..you mess up your own economy and complain when the arabs look at other places that are more stable for investments?
Its not about economy, lets try to look at it from a broader perspective, they can do business with our enemy, but we cannot even recognise Israel.......not to mention that they donot even want us to buy gas from Iran.

Its not about economy, lets try to look at it from a broader perspective, they can do business with our enemy, but we cannot even recognise Israel.......not to mention that they donot even want us to buy gas from Iran.
Well it was Pakistan's leaders' fault. And then making the Nuclear bomb, the leader thought we can lead all the Muslim nations. Forgetting that weapons and protection can be bought by money. KSA did this.

Failure to make independent foreign policy and the dream of many leaders to defend Muslim Ummah.

Pakistan needs to learn that put nation and national interest over religion. Pakistan didn't fought with Israel directly and took it as enemy, just sent the pilots in Arab war, couldn't come close to Iran because of KSA and US, couldn't get best out of the US and China.

While India kept all nations' related Foreign Policies separate and independent. Tried to balance it. Even been in opposite block of US till Soviet fall and fighting a war with China in 1962, now trades with Israel, KSA, Iran, US (over $ 100 billion), China ($ 60 billion and supposed to reach $ 100 billion by 2015) and Russia.

Foreign Policy is not done by emotions but by rationality and keeping national interest at highest priority.

You seem to be really stupid, sorry to say that. But you cannot answer my question. Instead you are talking about the future now and about the projected GDP figures.

I am asking you just one thing, not about predicted GDP figures:

Why cant you just admit that your statement is wrong?

" At present only BRICS nation s have the capability to invest in foreign countries."
Thats nonsense for the 42323523523th time!

Prove it!!!

:lol:

Yes I admit that it is a fact that at present BRICS are in best position to invest more.

Just go through the investments they are making in Africa, Latin America you will know the truth.

why do you people think that there is something 'broader' than the economy? Your state's first responsibility is to take care of your people and look after thair well being right? The economy is No.1 and there really is nothing 'broader' than that right?

Yes I admit that it is a fact that at present BRICS are in best position to invest more.

Just go through the investments they are making in Africa, Latin America you will know the truth.

No- BRICS is not going to 'invest' as much as the west but will grow faster than them.

why do you people think that there is something 'broader' than the economy? Your state's first responsibility is to take care of your people and look after thair well being right? The economy is No.1 and there really is nothing 'broader' than that right?

No- BRICS is not going to 'invest' as much as the west but will grow faster than them.

With out investing in Africa and Latin America it is not possible to grow and so these nations are rushing to invest in minerals and natural resources.

May be I should give some stats.

With out investing in Africa and Latin America it is not possible to grow and so these nations are rushing to invest in minerals and natural resources.

May be I should give some stats.

if you pull the stats it'll be clear that Lat Am and Africa have much lower investments. Relationship with BRICs is not just for extraction of resources, but it respresents a consumber base of 2.5 Billion with more per capita income who can buy their products.

if you pull the stats it'll be clear that Lat Am and Africa have much lower investments. Relationship with BRICs is not just for extraction of resources, but it respresents a consumber base of 2.5 Billion with more per capita income who can buy their products.

Yes Africa and Latin America is a huge consumer base with natural resource, so the race is to capture these markets and BRICS is leading the race at present.

Below are the links

Chinese investments

US is losing to china in Africa

http://www.voanews.com/content/china-us-africa-trade-reuters/1617444.html

"Ten years ago, trade between Africa and China was about $15 billion. By the end of this year, it will be about $200 billion. That speaks volumes,'' Odembo said.

"Foreign direct investment in the past 10 years has gone from $15 billion to close to $50 billion today ... and a very small proportion of that comes from the United States,'' he said.

The United States "probably has a small window in the next couple of years before China, India and Brazil take over all the ownership on the continent and trade relations are theirs to own,'' said Scott Eisner, vice president of African affairs at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

Latin America

Chinese trade with Latin America account for 140 Billion and Indian trade account for 20 Billion and India is catching up with China here.

China also recently replaced USA as biggest trading partner and India is also doing good in trade.

Bye Bye West here :lol:

Out of the BRICS, only China has the kind of foreign reserve to invest significantly in Africa, and they're doing that already.

Out of the BRICS, only China has the kind of foreign reserve to invest significantly in Africa, and they're doing that already.

Yes India is also catching up and investing heavily in Africa. The recent trend is investments from the East. India and Africa trade is going to reach close to 90 Billion in 2013 it was 4 Billion in 2000. I think Chinese trade aproximately 200 Billion in Africa.

http://www.standardchartered.com/en...trade_and_investment_Playing_to_strengths.pdf

Africa-India trade and investment – Playing to strengths
 Bilateral trade could reach USD 90bn by 2013, from USD 4.6bn in 2000
 Since 2000, Africa-India trade has grown almost as fast as China-Africa trade (24.8% vs. 26.3% CAGR)
 Access to oil remains a key driver of Indian activity in Africa
 Private-sector companies have also led India’s investments in telecommunications, agriculture and oil

@Srinivas Do you ever studied economics? cause you done seem to have much knowledge about international business relations.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Srinivas Do you ever studied economics? cause you done seem to have much knowledge about international business relations.

You have asked me to prove that BRICS are in better position to invest and I am giving proofs. International Business relations is a complicated topic. Let us discuss in another day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom