What's new

Saffron terrorism involved in many blasts: Chidambaram

You should first learn the difference between an official statement as News and a concocted write up.

There are many kinds of reports

1. On spot news: That is reporting events as these happen like blast, accident, crash etc.

2. Any official statement like what Chidambaram said.

Now mostly whether Orange or otherwise any media reports these two kinds as it is. So we take it on face value unless denied by the official who's statement is published.

3. If you want proof of Indian being Orange media than let me tell you TOI has copied my two reports in these few days and twisted the reports by adding own version :) in the first report TOI was sensible enough to mention the source but in the second they have decided to carry on the theft by adding some Indian masala.

Now cheers. If you do not agree with what your Minister has said you can differ and comment otherwise.

And forget about it if i believed in this statement or not. It doesnt affect us at all.

Thanks for the quick lesson teach.....

Just let me know that if the below report should be taken seriously as well.....

Chidambaram slams Pakistan

In a sharp attack on Pakistan, Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Wednesday accused it of supporting terrorist activities and communal violence in India, even as he voiced concern over the alienation of Muslim and Christian communities in this country.

Noting that India is caught in a 'troubled neighbourhood', Chidambaram said Pakistan has taken its 'hostility towards India beyond Kashmi

Both sources are Press Trust of India.....Both statements by the same individual....

Only difference is.....you would like to believe one over the other since it suits your agenda.....

I dont have a problem with the news on Saffron terrorism....in fact I believe that the more informed we are, the easier we would be able to curb the spread of this phenomenon.....

My issue is with your use of sources to prove your POV......

Thats the hypocrisy I was trying to point out.....

Cheers....

Sugar coated denial i must say :)

You are clubbing Muslims with saffron for proper action by Congress. No one can prosecute hardliner hindu groups for their terrorism simple as that because it will lead to greater massacre of non-Hindus

Im not sugar coating anything, I dont identify terrorist with a religion mainly because that’s where all problems arise, The government needs to take actions against all terrorist regardless of religion and only then we will be able to contain this threat. I think your totally wrong there Jana, in India, the judicial system prevails over anything, yes justice is delayed but never denied. If proven all perpetrators will be punished.

Thanks for the quick lesson teach.....

Just let me know that if the below report should be taken seriously as well.....

Chidambaram slams Pakistan

Both sources are Press Trust of India.....Both statements by the same individual....

Only difference is.....you would like to believe one over the other since it suits your agenda.....

I dont have a problem with the news on Saffron terrorism....in fact I believe that the more informed we are, the easier we would be able to curb the spread of this phenomenon.....

My issue is with your use of sources to prove your POV......

Thats the hypocrisy I was trying to point out.....

Cheers....

Well said, just because this report suits the agenda of some people here, they come jumping on and rejoice this opportunity. But before when the same person called Pakistan the epicenter of terrorism, he was being called a madman and what not. Hypocrisy is the name of the game.

Why call "Saffron terrorism", why not Hindu terrorism. The way india and its wetern allies label Muslim as terrorist that's what this should be called - Hindu terrorism.

Why call "Saffron terrorism", why not Hindu terrorism. The way india and its wetern allies label Muslim as terrorist that's what this should be called - Hindu terrorism.

Yes you can call it here on this forum only cause apart from this whole world know the reality .....:lol:

yes ..HINDU TERRORISM.. As you wish..
happy now..
we are not supporting any kind of terrorism.. majority or minority..

Both the accusations in both the cases were proven wrong by your own people.

2. Forced conversion to Christianity in India????????

Please care to prove that. There is NO forced conversion rather low cast Hindus find solace and some dignity as well as monetary benefits in converting to Christianity which is NOT liked by Majority ruling Hindu casts. So here we see many excuses for killing these convert Christians

Christians were made scape goats and killed by these hardliner Hindu groups and Muslims were also burnt alive.

Thats a big blot and shame on the name of India

Ohh dont talk about how conversion has been done in India by Christians..as a Christian i have first hand knowledge and experienced it ..Offering food and cloths to only those who will convert to Christianity is not the way missionaries should work, there are plenty of other things which the media and government closed their eyes on fearing they will be labeled as minority oppressors.i will give you one example you know the fundementalist christains burining Holy Quran,there are people like this in my country too who are christains. and the way they speak about other religion i dont think they will survive one day in a middle eastern country..I provided a you tube link in one of the thread about one Pastor talking about other religion in public..so please dont venture in to some topic which you have no idea about..that poor nun was raped because of the actions of some missionaries with narrow minded views..

The forensic reports and earlier reports by Indian Justice proved the allegations in godhra incident as wrong.

Its another matter that latter in Modi's govt they have changed it altogether.

And even if your false claims are accepted then in which "Democracy" you justify the killings of Thousands of people as revenge? where is the law? where is your secular govt??

How many people have been charges in that case so far apart from small fishes ??????

In case of Christians it was also not Proven that Hindu Pundit was killed by Christians.

What you meant by small fishes??Narendra Modi was grilled for hours by ATS ..his second hand was chargesheeted for fake encounter..no one has been spared..offcource justice will take its time..and no one is guilty until prooven

Editorial: ‘Saffron terrorism’Source: Editorial: ?Saffron terrorism? - Arab News

Is there no limit to the hypocrisy and double standards of India’s political parties?

The Bharatiya Janata Party and its ideological ally Shiv Sena brought down the house on Friday over Home Minister Chidambaram’s innocuous remarks cautioning the nation against the phenomenon of “saffron terrorism.” (Saffron is a color associated with Hinduism).

Interestingly, in his speech, made at a conference of top police and intelligence officials this week, the minister had also talked of “jehadi terrorists.” The Hindutva parties, of course, had no issues with that. True to their rabble-rousing style, the BJP and Sena not just managed to ground Parliament proceedings, they put the government on the mat by demanding the minister’s head and an apology for insulting all Hindus.

So much so the governing Congress, ever fearful of hurting the sensitivities of the majority community, had to field its spokesperson to water down Chidambaram’s “saffron terror” remarks. Terror has no color, was more or less the thrust of his hypothesis.

Of course, no faith, race or country has a monopoly over terrorism. This is why we are opposed to all convenient and misguided labeling and stereotyping of any particular group or community. Terror is terror and crime is crime, no matter who the perpetrators or victims are. This, however, does not mean there’s no substance in Chidambaram’s caveat on the Hindu militancy threat facing the world’s largest democracy.

Indeed, the Hindutva brigade’s clamorous protests and their claim that there’s no such thing as saffron terrorism are simply breathtaking. It’s the same parties that have for years shouted from the rooftops about the threat of “Muslim terrorists and Islamic terrorism” stigmatizing an entire community. Now they have suddenly developed a distaste for labels.

But they cannot suppress the truth forever. And the truth about the Hindutva terror and the dangerous games fascist organizations such as RSS and its numerous avatars and fronts that include BJP, VHP and Bajrang Dal have long played is finally coming out.

Over the past several months, the Central Bureau of Investigation and security agencies have made some sensational arrests that include top RSS and VHP functionaries, who have been involved in numerous terror attacks across India. It is now established beyond doubt that Hindu extremists were behind the 2007 terror strikes on the historical Makkah Masjid in Hyderabad and the famous Ajmer shrine. Their hand has also been found in the serial blasts targeting Malegaon in Maharashtra in 2008 that killed scores of Muslims and attacks in scenic Goa in 2009. Even the terror strike on the cross-border Samjhota Express in 2007 that killed 68 people is now suspected to have been carried out by the same forces.

Interestingly, all these attacks were initially blamed on “Muslim terrorists” and Pakistan-based groups, leading to hundreds of innocent young Muslim men being picked up from cities like Hyderabad and tortured for months. In fact, many innocent Muslims such as Ishrat Jahan and her four friends were killed in cold blood as terrorists. Painstaking investigations over the past couple of years have found the hand of a dangerous labyrinth of Hindutva groups such as Abhinav Bharat, Rashtriya Jagran Manch, and Sanatan Sanstha behind the attacks. Cleverly exploiting the prejudice against Muslims in India’s security establishment, these outfits plotted against the “usual suspects” as well as the nation that they claim to love.

This is why it is rather rich for BJP and Shiv Sena to protest Chidambaram’s measured words. India cannot fight the challenges it faces on this front without calling a spade a spade. This does not mean there can be no terrorists in Muslim ranks or that the community can lower its guard against the threat of extremism in its midst.

If India remains a vibrant democracy with infinite tolerance for diversity, the credit largely goes to the all-embracing Hindu majority. This is why if extremist forces are preying on the community, it should come as a wake-up call to everyone.

Saffron terrorism: PM should apologise to people, says Modi

AHMEDABAD: Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi on Monday sought an apology from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for use of the term 'saffron terrorism' by the home minister.

"The post of the Prime Minister has been devalued and he has become helpless as someone else is in control of the administration," Modi said at a public function here.

Criticising home minister P Chidambaram for using the term 'saffron terrorism', Modi said, "it is the height of misfortune that the Union minister has demeaned the chair which was once held by the Iron man of India, Sardar Patel."

"Is not there a saffron flag on a temple? Would you call it a centre of terrorist activity? Swami Vivekanand, Dayanand Saraswati, Shankracharya, Swami Ramdas and others who have sacrificed for the country wore saffron clothes. Are you calling them terrorist?" Modi asked.

"Every Congressmen will have to answer this. And the Prime Minister has to apologies to the people of the country for this," the chief minister added.

Modi said saffron colour is an integral part of Indian tradition. "By conning the term 'saffron terrorism', the home minister has caused insult to the Indian heritage," he said.

Attacking the Congress on the alleged misuse of CBI against him, Modi said one cannot make place in people's heart through CBI.

Modi also dared the Congress-led UPA government to compete with Gujarat on the development front.

"The Union government had the country, entire administration and crores of rupees at its disposal. I dare the Union government that despite of all this, Gujarat will be far ahead if there was a competition," he said.

He said those bent on demeaning Gujarat will be taught lesson by the people themselves.

The chief minister, today dedicated number of project to the people which included a recreation centre, water pumping and distribution station, a sports and commercial complex, a Sardar Patel Heritage Hall and Zonal office of New western zone of the city to name a few.

Modi speaking at a function in Vadodara on Sunday also had demanded an apology from the Prime Minister on the 'saffron terrorism' issue.

Read more: Saffron terrorism: PM should apologise to people, says Modi - India - The Times of India Saffron terrorism: PM should apologise to people, says Modi - India - The Times of India

yes this word has come forward with a harsh reality and yes its a shame for us...but its not that big issue...i have been mentioning in my posts that terrorism got no religion...

Saffron terror phrase not my patent: Chidambaram
PTI, Sep 1, 2010, 07.07pm IST

NEW DELHI: Days after the Congress party distanced itself from his remarks on saffron terror, home minister P Chidambaram on Wednesday said the phrase brought home the message of right-wing terrorism and the purpose has been served.

However, he said party is supreme and he had no patent on the phrase - saffron terrorism.

Addressing a press conference, Chidambaram said there has been indication that right-wing fundamentalist groups were suspected to be behind some of the recent bomb blasts in the country.

"These are religious fundamentalist groups. The message ought not to be lost in phrases and perhaps the use of that phrase has brought the message home. So, the purpose, in a way, has been served," he said.

His reaction came when he was asked whether he stood by his recent remarks that a new phenomenon of "saffron terrorism" involved in many bomb blasts has been uncovered, which has created a controversy.

Asked to comment whether there was difference between policy of this home ministry and his Congress party, he said "party is supreme".

When BJP and Shiv Sena raised the issue of minister's remarks in Parliament, Congress general secretary and media department chief Janardhan Dwivedi had said that terror has no colour and that care should be taken on use of words.

The home minister said the phrase was used by a number of people in the past, including a few members of UPA and there was a debate on in Parliament on 'saffronisation of education' in 2001.

"A number of others have used the phrase. I have been told that a number of my colleagues in the UPA have used the phrase in the past. So, I can't claim patent over that phrase," he said.

Read more: Saffron terror phrase not my patent: Chidambaram - India - The Times of India 'Saffron terrorism' phrase not my patent: Chidambaram - India - The Times of India

Back
Top Bottom