What's new

SAARC meet: New Delhi for Pak-Bangla train via India, Nepal

Where does it say that Pakistan in particular welcomed the move or are you just seeing things. The article says saarc welcomed the proposal and thats about it.

My friend, Pakistan - India rail links are already active. Recently India - Bangladesh trains were inaugurated. Now all this plan does is take it to the next level by connecting these two rail links.

It was a SAARC resolution, and it cannot become a resolution unless ALL members signup on it. Besides this has been on the table for quite a while.

But the important question is why are you against any people-to-people contacts? Why create a wall like the sovites did in Germany? Increased contact will increase understanding among people and remove unfounded suspicion of each other.

Although in the current state of affairs, it would take a while before this train becomes a reality,

Noup! I don’t support this program when it is going to pass through India. If cooperation between two countries is required, use the water or air passage. By letting Pakistan cross India and reach Bangladesh and vice versa, I see what road India is trying to construct. It’s not the generosity and noble intentions that are making India establish that link but it’s the desire to have connection between Afghanistan and India through Pakistan in the end. India is desperate to increase its political and social influence in Afghanistan more than Pakistan has and its reasons are obvious. We have 20+ Indian consulates operating in Afghanistan and because of that Pakistan is suffering. It would be mistake of all times if Pakistan let India make an inroad to Afghanistan through its own territory just because India let it cross its territory to reach Bangladesh which is not going to be a gain for Pakistan. Now I can see the reason why Bilateral Trade Agreement between Pakistan and Afghanistan took place in United States where it was declared that trade between Pakistan, Afghanistan and “Beyond”. I wish Pakistan was ruled by somebody patriotic who could use both sides of his brain while making such agreements and decide in the favor of this country, not his government!

I don't feel excited about news of increasing ties between Pakistan and Bangladesh. Leave the incident of 1971 apart, We don't have much of business or strategic partnership with them.

That will be a bad idea we don;t want our trains to be burn by Hindu fundamentalist like Col Prohit (what ever his name)

Well such ideas can only be expected from Indians. I wonder what are they trying to achieve here? To maintain cultural ties with BD, we do not need a train specifically running from India, there are other ways to do it.

I agree. It's not a good idea to have train connect through India. If anything Pak-Bd should improve on water ways from Karachi to Chitagong. It will more bilateral, safer and economical than going through India. This will result more harm than good.

I agree with all the above gentlemen, It won't do any good as I am sure ISI would be providing free executive passes to all those terrorists. These people only know how to make war, friendship is beyond them.

I agree with all the above gentlemen, It won't do any good as I am sure ISI would be providing free executive passes to all those terrorists. These people only know how to make war, friendship is beyond them.

Really! how about you put your money where your mouth is and leave this forum of Pakistanis as according to you friendship is beyond them and only provide free passes to terrorists.
Also do remember this with friends like you who needs an enemy so go and give your bashan some place else.
Itna he dosti ka shoch ha na to phela apna girabaan main jhank ka dekho kah tumhari kind isqabil be ha dosti karna ka?

Last edited:
My friend, Pakistan - India rail links are already active. Recently India - Bangladesh trains were inaugurated. Now all this plan does is take it to the next level by connecting these two rail links.

It was a SAARC resolution, and it cannot become a resolution unless ALL members signup on it. Besides this has been on the table for quite a while.

But the important question is why are you against any people-to-people contacts? Why create a wall like the sovites did in Germany? Increased contact will increase understanding among people and remove unfounded suspicion of each other.

Although in the current state of affairs, it would take a while before this train becomes a reality,

Dont put words in my mouth, i am not against people to people contact, however i dont see or find any reason why do we need a link through India to enhance our relations with BD. You dont see the irony in it after all it was India that resulted in the break up between the two parts.

Nope,people of bd parted from you.....they asked us for help,and we provided them help to our benefit!.....easy as that

Nope,people of bd parted from you.....they asked us for help,and we provided them help to our benefit!.....easy as that

Sure but then again why all the sudden India decided to provide a link from BD to terrorist Pakistan inorder to enhance the so called cultural ties? Was it out of sheer good will on part of India yah phir aik or samjato express karana ka mood ha?

Its your choice,take it or leave it......if we take,you'd always be suspiscious about india's 'real' plan.......and if leave it,i am sure concerned people would think bout what they missed.......it will be always that way

I think we really must begin to think more about prosperity and lives of dignity instead of suspicion and hostility - yes, it's difficult to do so, we will have to give so many of our ideas and baggage - but it has to be done - we all know that it has to be done - so why not sooner rather than later

I agree with you,and if this resolution goes ahead then that's good but there are some problems.A lot of kinks are concerning the countries' border guards, customs,bureaucrats,etc.They need to be fixed first before this goes ahead.

if at all you want to really reduce the hostilities, they best way is people to people contact. Once that happens, the people will oppose any aggressive or negative tactics by the other - more over they would stop terrorist activities of one country over the other!!

pakistan dont trust india, fine
but if this link is made what is the harm in it. pakistan dont loose anything or india dont gain so give it try at least.
dont give me samjhuta crap ,such bomb last can happen any where in the world...like pakistan is facing suicide bomber.

Of course it can happen just like any psycho can kill 100 ppl in a shooting anywhere in the world.
Point is just few months back i was of the view that we can have good relations with India. But then i joined an Indian defense forum. Man!! i can not believe the hatred Indians have for us. They hated us even in some small things like planting tree.
I thought to my self, i was wrong. :angry::angry::angry:
:pakistan:Pakistan Paindabad InshaAllah

Yes they should

Of course it can happen just like any psycho can kill 100 ppl in a shooting anywhere in the world.
Point is just few months back i was of the view that we can have good relations with India. But then i joined an Indian defense forum. Man!! i can not believe the hatred Indians have for us. They hated us even in some small things like planting tree.
I thought to my self, i was wrong. :angry::angry::angry:
:pakistan:Pakistan Paindabad InshaAllah

So you are going to make this decision on the basis of some idiots on an Indian defence forum? They don't represent all Indians.

It is important to be a visionary instead of having a blinkered view. And that means - even at a difficult time like this - to still work for upliftment of the common man in India, Pakistan or Bangladesh and a train like this is just one baby step in that direction

The decision to link the train ways in India to Pak/Bd/Nepal belongs to the elected representatives of Indian public and not people in a defence forum! The fact that Congress was elected ahead of BJP in India is clear indication on "moderation" winning against "extreme rightism".

In a population of a billion, you can always find a few thousands against any policy that is on the earth. It is almost impossible to have a consensus!
but for sure majority Indians want peace and tranquility than war with all neighbours.

There's no trust between Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh.

There was people to people contact between Pakistan and India from 2002-2007 but then Samjhota express incident happened that showed India's true colors. The target of the Samjhota bombing was Pakistani tourists in India, and most Pakistanis died in that incident.

This train plan wont work.

Bangladesh and Pakistan were always separated by India that was in between and that was always a problem.

There's no trust between Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh.

There was people to people contact between Pakistan and India from 2002-2007 but then Samjhota express incident happened that showed India's true colors. The target of the Samjhota bombing was Pakistani tourists in India, and most Pakistanis died in that incident.

This train plan wont work.

Bangladesh and Pakistan were always separated by India that was in between and that was always a problem.

If this plan implemented its really a great news. If India can push further and this service restricted not only as passenger service its a great news for SAARC economy, India is completely disconnected to central Asia now. If this is implemented successfully , India gains access to central Asia and Pakistan can access East Asian countries .I don't know why some Pakistanis don't like this option though it can benefit their struggling economy a lot.

Back
Top Bottom