What's new

S. Korea says North 'rocket' could fly 10,000km

Surenas

Reaction score
SEOUL (AFP) - North Korea's recent rocket launch amounted to the test of a ballistic missile capable of carrying a half-tonne payload over 10,000km, the South Korean defence ministry said on Sunday.

North Korea launched its three-stage Unha-3 rocket on Dec 12, insisting it was a purely scientific mission aimed at putting a polar-orbiting satellite in space.

Sunday's estimate was based on analysis of an oxidiser container, recovered from the rocket's first-stage splashdown site, which stored red fuming nitric acid to fuel the first-stage propellant.

"Based on our analysis and simulation, the missile is capable of flying more than 10,000km with a warhead of 500kg to 600kg," a defence ministry official told reporters.

S. Korea says North 'rocket' could fly 10,000km

Will still need more tests before they even induct the missile. Could take a while before militarily ready.

Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

:pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan:

Nope, the NK rocket is weak, just look at the toothpick-sized second stage of the rocket, it does only have a very small payload.

According to sources this rocket launched weeks ago can carry the payload of only 100 KG to LEO (possibly to a 250 km orbit with 90° inclination)

The chances are high, that Unha-3 is just TD and Real ICBM will weigh less, carrying more payload

The Real ICBM will be unveiled in 2 to 3 years I think

Do you have a source for this?

its wiki.

I know its not very reliable.

This is another source. Seems more reliable.

fo1212_korealaunch.jpg

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...obpasRcR198mgQgZuJbKg&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.bmk

Why are the Pakistanis so happy? I don't Pakistan will ever develop an ICBM with a range of 10000 km. let alone test one. Pakistan is too worried what uncle sam might think.

Back
Top Bottom