What's new

Russian Air Force to Get First T-50 Fighter Jet This Year, IAF Next Year

Wait RuAF will have 50 twin seaters :undecided:

Sometimes I dont understand why we are not going for 25/30 RuAF models directly ;) means we are counting on our system to keep up time line of Russian product ;)

Russia getting PTV in 2014, and will enter service by 2016, gap of 2 years..
India will get it by 2014 and enter service by 2022? gap of 8 years?, Are we building a new fighter or the article is trolling/??

Can anyone explain?

India will get it by 2014 and enter service by 2022? gap of 8 years?, Are we building a new fighter or the article is trolling/??

Can anyone explain?

The RuAF are getting the PAK-FA, the IAF is getting the FGFA that will incorporate some more advanced techs and will require an extended testing and certification period over and above the PAK-FA's.

Wait RuAF will have 50 twin seaters :undecided:

Sometimes I dont understand why we are not going for 25/30 RuAF models directly ;) means we are counting on our system to keep up time line of Russian product ;)
It is like the difference between the SU-30MKI and SU-30K bro. The IAF is holding out for the full "MKIsed" version of the T-50 ie the FGFA whilst the Russians are going in for the PAK-FA.

Also its relevant the article says "IAF will get first prototype"

This "prototype" by 2014 or 2015 may just carry the most obvious stealth feature which is the shape of the airframe.

What was missing from the initial T-50 (FGFA also called PAK-FA) was the advanced engine, stealthy avionics and radar absorbent material (RAM) skin. I suggest the T-50 prototype for India will most probably lack mature technologies for these last three features.

The T-50 prototype will be more a Russian and Indian Government propaganda show pony than anything approaching a working weapon system. After 2020 it will be more serious.

One only has to look at the glacial pace of the F-35 and propaganda surrounding its development.

I'm aware of this, it won't be until the 3rd test vehicle that comes to India in 2019/2020 that the final FGFA design shape will emerge and the "full" system be tested in one vehicle. Even the Russians are yet to fly the final PAK-FA version with all the bells and whistles.

why hell russian are not using single bubble canopy.....

This will be there on the production versions bro.

The RuAF are getting the PAK-FA, the IAF is getting the FGFA that will incorporate some more advanced techs and will require an extended testing and certification period over and above the PAK-FA's.

It is like the difference between the SU-30MKI and SU-30K bro. The IAF is holding out for the full "MKIsed" version of the T-50 ie the FGFA whilst the Russians are going in for the PAK-FA.

If we are to get our first prototype in 2014, it is already in the production line or we get a any of the existing prototypes for testing?

Can anyone explain?

Most of the time IAF approach puzzles an Indian like me. Why do they need to wait 8 years to get hand on stealth fighter? It means we will be 8 yrs. late to start preparing process/ procedures/ training / doctrine/ spare strategy/ logistic etc.... Why don't we utilize these yrs to our advantage?

Best approach must be to induct 1 squadron with Russian configuration to give IAF to train and develop required doctrine and other required processes.

With this approach, once they FGFA they will be able to integrate much faster.

Also its relevant the article says "IAF will get first prototype"

This "prototype" by 2014 or 2015 may just carry the most obvious stealth feature which is the shape of the airframe.

What was missing from the initial T-50 (FGFA also called PAK-FA) was the advanced engine, stealthy avionics and radar absorbent material (RAM) skin. I suggest the T-50 prototype for India will most probably lack mature technologies for these last three features.

The T-50 prototype will be more a Russian and Indian Government propaganda show pony than anything approaching a working weapon system. After 2020 it will be more serious.

One only has to look at the glacial pace of the F-35 and propaganda surrounding its development.

If we are to get our first prototype in 2014, it is already in the production line or we get a any of the existing prototypes for testing?

They will be 3 brand new PTVs in 2014/15, 2017 and 2019. They will be built by hand most likely and not in the actual production lines for the FGFA that will only be created in the latter half of this decade.

The RuAF are getting the PAK-FA, the IAF is getting the FGFA that will incorporate some more advanced techs and will require an extended testing and certification period over and above the PAK-FA's. .

I could think of that too.
All that we will be adding is in avionics. As you know the MKI version of Su30 didnt take that much time and even after considering its a 5th gen fighter this time frame is quite surprising.

I can understand if we are redesign the Mil-bus arcitechture but thats out of question.
2018 as stated by Indian media and AF is the actual time frame and makes sense.

Most of the time IAF approach puzzles an Indian like me. Why do they need to wait 8 years to get hand on stealth fighter? It means we will be 8 yrs. late to start preparing process/ procedures/ training / doctrine/ spare strategy/ logistic etc.... Why don't we utilize these yrs to our advantage?

Best approach must be to induct 1 squadron with Russian configuration to give IAF to train and develop required doctrine and other required processes.

Well this is okay for the short-term but long-term you're left with 1 SQD of (very, VERY expensive) fighters that require separate logistics and MRO facilities in many cases to the rest of your fleet not to mention different training syllabus to the rest of the FGFA fleet. This is a headache the IAF is smart to avoid.

The PAK-FA the RuAF gets in 2016 will NOT be the final PAK-FA but a slightly more advanced PTV varient. The final version of the PAK-FA will not emerge until close to 2020.

The IAF will have all the requisite training and procedural infrastructure in place by the time the FGFA comes into service. Sir, the IAF is a thoroughly professional force- you should trust the way they work.

I guess IAF doesnt seem to be in a hurry as they dont have any imminent threat from a 5th gen fighter so they can give time to FGFA instead of inducting PAKFA as it is in a single squadron. That could be one reason.

+ they wont take 8 years to formulate the strategy around it, it can work along side and have it ready before induction. I guess the 2022 timeframe given by the article is misleading and it is 2018 as stated by IAF itself.

I could think of that too.
All that we will be adding is in avionics. As you know the MKI version of Su30 didnt take that much time and even after considering its a 5th gen fighter this time frame is quite surprising.

I can understand if we are redesign the Mil-bus arcitechture but thats out of question.
2018 as stated by Indian media and AF is the actual time frame and makes sense.

Like I said, the PAK-FA version the RuAF gets in 2016 will NOT be the final production varient. The final version will not be in service with the Russians until ~2018/19 so a 3/4 year gap between this and the FGFA coming into Indian service isn't unreasonable IMHO.

Well this is okay for the short-term but long-term you're left with 1 SQD of (very, VERY expensive) fighters that require separate logistics and MRO facilities in many cases to the rest of your fleet not to mention different training syllabus to the rest of the FGFA fleet. This is a headache the IAF is smart to avoid.

The PAK-FA the RuAF gets in 2016 will NOT be the final PAK-FA but a slightly more advanced PTV varient. The final version of the PAK-FA will not emerge until close to 2020.

The IAF will have all the requisite training and procedural infrastructure in place by the time the FGFA comes into service. Sir, the IAF is a thoroughly professional force- you should trust the way they work.

Well that make sense. I mis interpreted the artical. If Russia get production PAKFA in 2020..it's worth waiting to get FGFA till 2022. Sorry for posting without looking in to details.

Hope you guys do not mind .....Cheers

The numbers quoted in this article are utter garbage- the IAF has never said anything about reducing numbers from 250 to 214 units.

can anyone tell me whats the difference between the single pilot and two pilot pak fa ,apart from the sharing of work load ,does two pilot version come with anyother advantage.

Back
Top Bottom