What's new

Russia-India cooperation in 1971

worth reading the article . Great US,UK,Turks,Jordan,France,Pakistan, Saudi,Indonesia,Madagascar base,Iran , all against India . Russia acted well in controlling China . No body except Russia would prefer a non aligned country over communist counter part especially in cold war . US was and is a great ally to Pakistan , but its true that we should not believe them . Great work by India in intercepting calls .

Nixon and his 'Robin' Kissinger should have been tried for war crimes in Bangladesh.
More than Watergate and Genocide of Hindus in Bangladesh should be a more damaging legacy of Basta#@D Nixon, who did not even heed what his diplomats were saying about the crimes being perpetuated by PA on Hindus and Bangladeshi Studensts.

Love-live Indiski-Rossiya friendship!

That USS Enterprise and RN's HMS Eagle would've been blown to smithereens if they
hadn't halted/fled...hahaah!!! Thanks to Russian brothers:agree:

Great thread, S-19!:tup: Keep it up

It is not so well known, but Tsarist Russia had also played an important role in helping Abraham Lincoln win the American Civil War.

The russian SSNs were formidable and did deter any uppity from UK/US carrier groups but the reality is they couldn't have taken on the might of US/UK alone. The IA should also be given the credit for bulldozing it's way into Dhaka and IAF for blowing PAF out of air and IN for attacking karachi harbour and sinking of PN sub off the coast of orrisa. :woot:

Having said that, we are truly thankful to our russian brothers and utmost respect for them for having done whatever in their capacity ( thanks again for the veto :D )

Russia provided india with some of the best tactical helps in 1971, perhaps the best after WW2!!
We will be always thankfull to russia for their support :)
Great going to Indo-Russia ties :toast_sign:

Russians are our brothers...............LONG LIVE INDIA-RUSSIA BROTHERHOOD!!!

Now-a-days u dont see that type of courage in any political leader across all parties..[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Sam Maneckshaw.... when was the last time we had a commander like him in the last 20 years? He had the nuts to face off a PM 20 times more authoritarian than what Sonia Gandhi could ever be vis MMS. No General, Marshal or Admiral today has the stature of Gen.Manekshaw. ACM Naik tried it valiantly but couldn't manage.

But yeah... you got to admit... Looking at MMS and his spineless bandwagon of slaves and puppets, I'd say today's generation would be shocked to even imagine a treacherous party like Congress ever had gutsy leaders like Indira. :lol:

Russia provided india with some of the best tactical helps in 1971, perhaps the best after WW2!!
We will be always thankfull to russia for their support :)
Great going to Indo-Russia ties :toast_sign:

It is for this very reason why I feel sad about us not intervening in the Soviet-Talibunny war. We faced jihad even without participation. At least if Indira had mobilized troops to strike Pakistan's eastern border, it could have given USSR enough breathing space to crush Taliban and their supporters brutally.

We were supposed to support Soviets due to the Indo-Soviet Treaty and yet we didn't send troops to fight alongside. Only voted in Russia's favor in UN.

THANK YOU RUSSIA! YOU STOOD FOR US AGAINST SO MANY COUNTRIES WHEN WE WERE WEAK AND A NOBODY GLOBALLY. WE WILL NEVER FORGET THIS.... AS AN INDIAN I ASSURE YOU; THE DAY WE GET A STRONG GOVERNMENT INTERNALLY, WE WILL REPAY THIS GRATITUDE 100%.

Russia is what USSR was for India.. so its title is ok... Love Russia or USSR is same

its like India and Hindustan is same.. right..

Yep, even back in those days we never called them 'the USSR'. It was always Russia and Russians. Whether USSR or not, they are still our friends and brothers.:tup:

S-19, thank you buddy for sharing this. The article has so many things I didn't know about.

By the way, as far as three battalions of Marines on standby to deter India are concerned, Field Marshal Manekshaw had said that if American interfered he would consider it as his greatest opportunity, giving him the chance to defeat the expeditionary US forces as well.

All the other countries that were supplying Pak aircraft are US poodles.

india-russia-flag.jpg

By the way, in your face Nixon. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nixon: I want the Indians blamed for this, you know what I mean? We can't let these goddamn, sanctimonious Indians get away with this. They've pissed on us on Vietnam for 5 years, Henry.

I am curious to know; what did we do against Nixon and in support of Vietnam? :D

A friend in need is a friend indeed. Russia has always stood by us.

Russia stood like a real big brother ..heartful thanks to russia ...as per india
So much risk ...i would have never taken jeopardising life of 800 million indians ..that too against the wish of america which was miles ahead of us in all departments ...horrible
But the tragedy is in this forum new generation bangladeshis spew more venom on india than pakistan itself ..
What we have gained ?
*Four decades and counting enemity of west pakistanies ..though they were not friends in that time but any chance of peace vanished ..
*three decades of american passive enemity
*pakistan was cured from the cancer within which would have affected it for decades ..
*dhaaka would have gained its independence may be one or two decades later with a huge bloodshed ..that would have made them realise how precious is their country .. Unlike now ..

¤ the only plus point i can see is there were many lives saved ..and for that sole reason it is worth the effort

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom