Russia forces kill two suspected militants in Dagestan raid

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Russia forces kill two suspected militants in Dagestan raid

MOSCOW, Russia | Sun May 20, 2012 5:35am EDT

(Reuters) - Russian security forces killed two suspected militants in a gunfight at a private house in its restive North Caucasus province of Dagestan, Interfax reported on Sunday, quoting local authorities.

Police stormed the house in a village near Khasavyurt, a town about 80 km (50 miles) west of the provincial capital of Makhachkala. Two unidentified gunmen were killed in a shootout with security forces, a local law enforcement official said.

"They opened fire in response to calls for surrender," the official was quoted as saying.

More than a decade after federal troops toppled an Islamist government in Chechnya, also in the North Caucasus, security forces are fighting militants whose ranks are swollen by recruits angry over poverty, clan feuds and pervasive corruption.

Mainly Muslim Dagestan faces almost daily shootouts and bombings. Twin bombings earlier this month killed 12 and wounded more than 100 people near Makhachkala. Such attacks are widely seen as a sign that the Kremlin's efforts to curb insurgency have largely fallen short.

The insurgents want to create an Islamic state in the region and say they were behind a suicide bombing at Moscow's Domodedovo airport that killed 37 people in January 2011 and twin bombings that killed 40 people on Moscow's metro in 2010.

Russia forces kill two suspected militants in Dagestan raid | Reuters

These people are hardcore terrorists... They absolutely have no mercy at anyone. i cannot fathom why some people support these terrorists.

Well done boys

Are these guys wahabis or CIA assets? I don't understand why they are fighting Russia

I heard Dagestan is the most dangerous part of Europe.

I wouldn't dispute it :sick:

Good riddance. You don't deserve your own country just because you are a Muslim.

It seems wherever there are Muslims, there are problems. It is as if Muslims can't coexists peacefully anywhere in the world.

I really don't understand how Muslims live with such poison in there minds.

These people are hardcore terrorists... They absolutely have no mercy at anyone. i cannot fathom why some people support these terrorists.
Well done boys

I read somewhere that militants in Dagestan dream about formation of a caliphate.

I thought Russia crushed all the wahhabi islamist in Chechnya? Did they spread to Dagestan? Putin really put down the boot in the second chechen war. Russia went the total warfare route to defeat the separatist. I guess total warfare can defeat an isurgency.

It seems wherever there are Muslims, there are problems. It is as if Muslims can't coexists peacefully anywhere in the world.

I really don't understand how Muslims live with such poison in there minds.

it seems everywhere there are Buddhists there are problems to, and it also seems everywhere there are Christians there are problems, it also seems like everywhere there are jews there are problems.

what is your point? that some low life iq idiots want something every muslim wants it. i could care less about their 'struggle'. but don't come here and point finger at each and every single Muslim because of some few.

Sure, and let's ignore all the human rights abuses too, right? It's not like they're a contributing factor.
If human rights is the issue then steps must be taken to ensure that so such thing has happened. Arent Hindus, Jews and Christians suffering from human rights?
It's not like there are no human rights issues in muslim countries right? Assad, saddam etc etc.

If human rights is the issue then steps must be taken to ensure that so such thing has happened. Arent Hindus, Jews and Christians suffering from human rights?
It's not like there are no human rights issues in muslim countries right? Assad, saddam etc etc.
Only their human rights, not anyone else. Not the Muslims who do not want Sharia law, not for the Christians or Jews or any other religion.

I watched few years ago a video about those radicals beheading young Russian conscripts alive ( those conscripts were probably younger than me )..They are a disgrace to humanity and Islam..I hope every each of them will be terminated

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom