What's new

Roknabadi sees Iran-Saudi breakthrough

Falcon29

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Never will that entity and its regime be trusted by any of the nearly 500 million Arabs if they are not ignorant or naive.

History speaks for itself.

Never will that entity and its regime be trusted by any of the nearly 500 million Arabs if they are not ignorant or naive.

History speaks for itself.

Damn, at least I tried mediating between you both. :rofl::omghaha:

Damn, at least I tried mediating between you both. :rofl::omghaha:

I am afraid that you will not succeed. We prefer that they focus their attention on their "brothers and sisters" in Afghanistan or some other failed "stan's" that nobody cares about.

Preferably return to the Central Asian steppes.

Hopefully Iran and KSA can come to terms with one another and become good friends.

Hopefully Iran and KSA can come to terms with one another and become good friends.

We hate each other too much especially the two regimes ruling the countries. People to people is a different matter. That can work.

I am referring to the regimes. Each country will have opposite interests and rivalries always.

I don't see it happening.

It will not be genuine like all the other historical rivalries of the world.

We hate each other too much especially the two regimes ruling the countries. People to people is a different matter. That can work.

I am referring to the regimes. Each country will have opposite interests and rivalries always.

I don't see it happening.

It will not be genuine like all the other historical rivalries of the world.

Actually I think the rivalry is fake. History is history. Look at France and Britain close partnership now, they are almost allies, and compare it to when they were the most bitterest enemies.
Before oil was discovered and the West imposed itself on the region, relations between KSA and Iran were quite good.
There were mutual agricultural trade across the gulf and relations were cordial.
Dont buy it to this political dispute stuff. Eventually they will be resolved

I think Iran and KSA can become partners and very close friends.

Actually I think the rivalry is fake. History is history. Look at France and Britain close partnership now, they are almost allies, and compare it to when they were the most bitterest enemies.
Before oil was discovered and the West imposed itself on the region, relations between KSA and Iran were quite good.
There were mutual agricultural trade across the gulf and relations were cordial.
Dont buy it to this political dispute stuff. Eventually they will be resolved

I think Iran and KSA can become partners and very close friends.

Well you are right about that but I think that the vast majority of Iranians have a problem with Arabs due to the Arab Islamic conquest of Iran nearly 1500 years ago and before that there were some tensions between the people of modern day Iran and Semitic people living in the ME. Although back then the relations were quite close.

Yes, that is correct but since 1979 the situation has been totally different. Maybe it is mostly based on misunderstandings but the trust is 0. From both sides. Just look at this forum for confirmation. Every Iranian is nearly anti-Arab and anti Sunni Muslim while most Arabs here are anti-Iran and for that reason also anti-Shia as a defiance against the Shia clergy ruling Iran.

How will that happen? I don't see it happening as long as the two regimes are there or just 1 of them. But I might be wrong.

Well you are right about that but I think that the vast majority of Iranians have a problem with Arabs due to the Arab Islamic conquest of Iran nearly 1500 years ago and before that there were some tensions between the people of modern day Iran and Semitic people living in the ME. Although back then the relations were quite close.

Yes, that is correct but since 1979 the situation has been totally different. Maybe it is mostly based on misunderstandings but the trust is 0. From both sides. Just look at this forum for confirmation. Every Iranian is nearly anti-Arab and anti Sunni Muslim while most Arabs here are anti-Iran and for that reason also anti-Shia as a defiance against the Shia clergy ruling Iran.

How will that happen? I don't see it happening as long as the two regimes are there or just 1 of them. But I might be wrong.

Iranians dont really care about what happened 1500 years ago. Empires rise and fall, they conquest and become conquered. Just like Iran conquered parts of eastern Arabian peninsula and it came under its sphere of influence, not to mention the entire Levant, and even parts of Egypt.
Then Ottomans conquered, and then they fell.
Like I said, history is history.
There is no significant anti-Arab sentiment in Iran in my honest opinion.

I think Iran-KSA coexistence is not only possible but very beneficial.

Iranians dont really care about what happened 1500 years ago. Empires rise and fall, they conquest and become conquered. Just like Iran conquered parts of eastern Arabian peninsula and it came under its sphere of influence, not to mention the entire Levant, and even parts of Egypt.
Then Ottomans conquered, and then they fell.
Like I said, history is history.
There is no significant anti-Arab sentiment in Iran in my honest opinion.

I think Iran-KSA coexistence is not only possible but very beneficial.

Yes, it would be good if the relations could improve. For the region especially and both countries since there is a quite big potential of trade, investments etc.

After all we are neighbors and have been that for many years and have closer ties on all fronts that we are willing to admit.

It's all mostly bound in politics and the sectarianism that follows by that.

But to tell you honestly then this forum (PDF) has not made me positive on this regard.:lol:

Never have and never will. Things should remain the same as its right now. The GCC are the economic hub in the middle east and soon to be in term of tourism. Iran on other hand has nothing to offer so I think it would be better if iran take it to the other side of its borders.

Yes, it would be good if the relations could improve. For the region especially and both countries since there is a quite big potential of trade, investments etc.

After all we are neighbors and have been that for many years and have closer ties on all fronts that we are willing to admit.

It's all mostly bound in politics and the sectarianism that follows by that.

But to tell you honestly then this forum (PDF) has not made me positive on this regard.:lol:

The economic potential is huge.

The economic potential is huge.

Yes, that's truth.

Anyway have you been reading today? :lol:

I went to bed at 11.00 and woke up 5 hours later and I have not slept since. I have classes in 3 hours and feeling horrible.

Did you watch Champions League yesterday night. FC Barcelona went out.:( Such a useless performance.

Messi was MIA.

Yes, that's truth.

Anyway have you been reading today? :lol:

I went to bed at 11.00 and woke up 5 hours later and I have not slept since. I have classes in 3 hours and feeling horrible.

Did you watch Champions League yesterday night. FC Barcelona went out.:( Such a useless performance.

Messi was MIA.

Nope not yet. Its 9. 23 am in the morning, I havent even had breakfast yet. :D
I will start soon though. :)
I read 2 hours yesterday (50 pages). It feels good to have started so I dont have to panick and become stressed last weeks.

Didnt watch Champions league. I will watch the semifinals and final. :)

Btw, I think you and I should regularly check up on each other and make sure we both have studied. :rofl:

Nope not yet. Its 9. 23 am in the morning, I havent even had breakfast yet. :D
I will start soon though. :)
I read 2 hours yesterday (50 pages). It feels good to have started so I dont have to panick and become stressed last weeks.

Didnt watch Champions league. I will watch the semifinals and final. :)

Btw, I think you and I should regularly check up on each other and make sure we both have studied. :rofl:

Aha. So do you have many classes left in this semester and are you sometimes skipping classes as I do?

We usually don't have classes in the morning. The earliest classes take place at 12.00 am and that only once every two weeks each Friday.

The remaining classes start at 15.15 or 17.15.

One class is 1.30 hour. With a 15. minute break in between.:)

Yes, that sounds like a very good idea. I just don't think that I can read today since FC Barcelona went out and I am a bit frustrated and will probably read local media, forums etc. where fans talk about the situation.:rofl:

I want that Tata clown out as soon as possible and the useless president (Bartomeu) and his team. They have destroyed the club.

Back
Top Bottom