What's new

Road trip, UK to Pakistan

Thor

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been planning a trip from the West Midlands, UK to Pakistan by road on my motorbike.

I currently ride a Honda VFR 800 sports tourer and have booked a tour in September to ride with a group from UK to France, into Germany, into Belgium and back into France eventually ferrying back to the UK.

I am then planning a trip from UK to Italy on my motorbike with the same touring company in order to get better understanding of routes, accommodation, roads, etc of Europe.

My plan is to inshallah, in 2013 be ready to travel via the following route:

UK to France
France to Italy
Italy to Greece via ferry (this is only because a ferry no longer goes direct to Turkey)
Greece to Turkey
Turkey to Iran
Iran into PAKISTAN

Rather then go through all the hassle of East Europe I rather go through into Italy and get into the beautiful road layout in their northern valleys, they look awesome.

I am already quite familiar with the administration sides of things through Europe and the Visa problems for Iran, all of which are resolvable.

Has any member here already been on such a trip, if so, please share. I am looking to have a GPS tracker fitted which will allow others to log on and monitor exactly where I am at any given time to see progress. I will also be highlighting, and risking big style, the plight of Pakistan in its current stage and have stickers in support of it attached to my bike. One can always try and make others aware of the situation there hence my way of opening a conversation, possibly with a beating along the way..... No matter, all in a days work I suppose.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=203098463600645922010.0004af2a94c0e242322bb&msa=0&ll=39.774769,29.267578&spn=45.146403,93.076172#bmb=1

Above is a link to a map on google I have planned out, obviously this will be slightly altered to probably get to Pakistan quicker and save fuel costs.

Please feel free to add positive posts, I am not in the slightest willing to accommodate negative comments about backing out of a once in a lifetime opportunity, hence please don't even bother with it......... Pakistan zindabad

Good luck mate. Keep uploading pictures as you go, I hope it is as exciting as it sounds. Be safe. :)

Thats quite a travel log you have setup.

Be sure to put up photos of the trip.

I am considering that you are a British national, so you have some residency visa or something.

So does it allow you to freely roam around EU or do you have to get specific visas for each country?

And does the residency help you in getting a visa.

A UAE residency helps me to get visa for GCC. Whats the case for EU?

Nuclearpak.....,.. I am a UK citizen but moved back to Pakistan a while back. I am looking to set up a business in Pakistan inshallah.

There is no requirement for any visa through Europe up until Turkey... At this point you will require a visa, carnet, IDP and other documentary forms.

Currently using my phone to update this post, as soon as I get on my PC I will explain further

Good luck with it man :cheers:...but ur thread is in the wrong sec

Wow that is epic!! i wish you the best of luck on your journey and please do take pictures to post on PDF, wish I was younger and had the chance to do something like this.

Nuclearpak.....,.. I am a UK citizen but moved back to Pakistan a while back. I am looking to set up a business in Pakistan inshallah.

There is no requirement for any visa through Europe up until Turkey... At this point you will require a visa, carnet, IDP and other documentary forms.

Currently using my phone to update this post, as soon as I get on my PC I will explain further

Being a passport holder makes the whole travel within EU very easy.

I'll be waiting.

Good luck on your long but hopefully great journey.
I'm really jealous, wish I could ride along but I don't even have my motorbike license :(

Enjoy it as much as you can, and always be safe brother. Please do keep us updated on your journey and share some pictures with us. Make Pakistan and us people proud by keeping our name high wherever you are on your trip.

All the best! :pakistan::pakistan:

Mate - before my jealousy can take over - Have fun. Good luck, drive safe and world is your limit.

Fantastic. Good luck - Just take care. I would love to do the same. I am jealous of you !!!

I followed Moin Khan's 'Differant Agenda' doing the San Francisco, USA - Europe - Turkey - Lahore, Pakistan by bike. He had a accident in Romania but he seems to have had a fantastic time.

In Romanian Hospital.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6j6VtdFLOw&feature=related

In Turkey

Pakistani sportsbike enthusiast Moin Khan on Turkey leading television channel NTV - YouTube
A stranger took me home again.. - YouTube
In Budapest, Hungary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=DwdC0CXA2SA&NR=1

Biker Moin Khan Tour America To Pakistan Arrival Lahore Pkg By Rana Azar City42 - YouTube

A stranger took me home again.. - YouTube

Talking about his once in a lifetime experiance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7at7qMTnw7U&feature=related

Back
Top Bottom