What's new

Riots in Singapore

Am not the one to advise people were to go ..am just highlighting a problem which is very real... having Indians staying in India does not make it any less ..

Singapore was built in the image of Lew Kuan Yew, and it's never going to change. You can bet on that.

Singaporeans have a duty to look after Singaporeans, not foreigners.

I am a Hong Konger, I don't expect Singapore to look after my interests, when I take a vacation there I am very careful not to chew gum or anything like that.

Singapore was built in the image of Lew Kuan Yew, and it's never going to change. You can bet on that.

Singaporeans have a duty to look after Singaporeans, not foreigners.

I am a Hong Konger, I don't expect Singapore to look after my interests, when I take a vacation there I am very careful not to chew gum or anything like that.

chew gum....? whats with the stereotyping , thats not you... you cant defend the indefensible .. if you think human beings should be treated like cattle for the benefit of the locals...then i pity you..

Those folks don't go there to be slaves voluntarily ..

Chinese Dragon - Indians go there as much as mainlander Chinese go there . Heard of how Singaporean Chinese themselves deride the M.Cs due to their super-boastful ways? Remember the bus strike by 170 mainland Chinese bus drivers? Remember the Ferrari car accident and how its driver (a mainlander whose father was / is some CCP official in CHina?)

**** above retort is point to point. No further animosity towards you .****

Anyways, on topic, to ALL Indian posters - the news from Channel News Asia and Singapore Straits Times CONFIRM that the dead victim of accident was Indian. THe mob was started by Indians (Tamil speaking). Other South Asians may have been part of the MOB pyschology . It happens. But not to be condoned.

Now - there are REASONS why the tinder box of violence spewed out of control. Confirmed reports from my Singaporean relatives (who are CHinese by the way) portray the local police that patrol L.I as being too harsh on the immigrants (not just Indians but all South Asian immigrants = Indian/Bangla/Nepali/Lankans/Pakis). The dead victim was drunk but word is that the police personnel on the beat were racially profiling the crowd around as drunkards. That started the spat and later , all hell broke loose.

It is a shameful act on part of the Indian immigrants to have acted in such a way. They deserve to be punished and deported back to India. Singaporean LAW MUST be respected.

But this is where I beg to differ. THere is one law for rest of Singapore and one for L.India. Drugs and alcoholism is an open secret and the Singaporean police have turned a blind eye to both these vices. Why? Did anyone see how many beer bottles and beer cans were littering the street the morning after? Pictures are on the internet for all to see ! The other thing - Singapore has all the strictest of traffic rules imposed. Heavy fines for even jay-walking. Little India is exempt ! Anyone can walk anyway, jump lights, jay walk as if the roads belong to your forefathers ! Why allow such double standards?

This is like some parts of the US where black neighborhoods have easier access to alcohol (shops selling alcohol are far more in black neighborhoods than white N.Hoods). To me , this sounds like a CONTROLLED despair by intent by the ruling govt. If you want ALL your citizens and residents on permit to follow the law, the law must be ONE for all. In Singapore's case, I see law being lax in Little India.

It must be a blessing in disguise that at least now, MICROSCOPIC attention is given by Singaporean authorities to Little India and root out all the vices.

Before I end my post, ( IF SINGAPOREANs don't like South Asian immigrants, just close doors on this policy and open your flood gates to all Filipinos, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Malays and Mainland CHinese. That way, your population will be largely of East/South.East Asian stock and you don't have to worry about a darker race defacing the superior majority race)

Am not condoning violence ...my point is that these riots by Indians and strikes by Chinese are the reason of a bigger problem ..the bus accident was just a spark.. Indians should just avoid going to any other countries and help themselves ..

Am not condoning violence ...my point is that these riots by Indians and strikes by Chinese are the reason of a bigger problem ..the bus accident was just a spark.. Indians should just avoid going to any other countries and help themselves ..

My friend, my reply was not pointed at you. But yes, there is a bigger picture for the reasons of discord in the contract-wage immigrants coming to Singapore from Bangladesh/India/Sri Lanka etc. Some reasons I have already mentioned in previous post. (Drugs and alcohol)

My friend, my reply was not pointed at you. But yes, there is a bigger picture for the reasons of discord in the contract-wage immigrants coming to Singapore from Bangladesh/India/Sri Lanka etc. Some reasons I have already mentioned in previous post. (Drugs and alcohol)

yea... i know ...i was just clarifying my point

Chinese Dragon - Indians go there as much as mainlander Chinese go there . Heard of how Singaporean Chinese themselves deride the M.Cs due to their super-boastful ways? Remember the bus strike by 170 mainland Chinese bus drivers? Remember the Ferrari car accident and how its driver (a mainlander whose father was / is some CCP official in CHina?)

So what?

I already said, I do not expect any better treatment just because I am a Hong Kong Chinese and share the same ethnicity/race as the majority of Singaporeans.

Everyone knows the deal, same as the workers going to the Gulf. If they can't live by those terms, they should stay back at home and contribute to the national productivity, rather than working for rich foreigners and improving the standard of living for those rich foreigners.

Before I end my post, ( IF SINGAPOREANs don't like South Asian immigrants, just close doors on this policy and open your flood gates to all Filipinos, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Malays and Mainland CHinese. That way, your population will be largely of East/South.East Asian stock and you don't have to worry about a darker race defacing the superior majority race)

You think it is a race issue? Ethnic Chinese were the ones being put down in Malaysia/Singapore before Lee Kuan Yew decided to formally found Singapore as a separate country.

I think it is a pity that Ethnic Chinese were the target of genocide in Malaysia and Indonesia, but these are not Chinese Nationals, they are Malaysians and Indonesians who just happen to be of ethnic Chinese descent.

Am not the one to advise people were to go ..am just highlighting a problem which is very real... having Indians staying in India does not make it any less ..

This is not a problem only with Indians

Chinese bus drivers in Singapore tossed aside after strike | China Labour Bulletin

Am sorry .........you cant just treat people like crap and then blame the people for standing up ...the fault is on both ends . Its very common for the Migrant workers to be painted a pretty picture in Singapore and then end up in bonded slave labor when they end up there ... Nobody goes there to be voluntarily treated like slave labour ....

The tribe who treated these people worst is Indian Brahmins in their homeland. Many of these are lower caste Dalits, and Brahmins often swagger in TV and brag how they treat their Dalits worse than animals. If Singapore is that bad, you think all these Indians menial workers will come? In India, the Brahmins are willing to lynch the lower caste and burn up their house for inter-caste romance.

Even among slave labors, the Bangladesh are indefinitely much better than Indians. Indians have too much guts to burn or damage 16 police cars.

And right now Indian TV lie and spread hate against Chinese. No Chinese ever attack Indians as per reported by Indian TV. Anything Indians did, they blame Chinese, blame Bangala, blame Pakistan...etc

Indians lie.

but we need to bring democracy to singapore//////
‘You need to bring democracy to Singapore’...

How ridiculous. You are not the god. The world doesn't run just following your mind. Wake up.

The tribe who treated these people worst is Indian Brahmins in their homeland. Many of these are lower caste Dalits, and Brahmins often swagger in TV and brag how they treat their Dalits worse than animals. If Singapore is that bad, you think all these Indians menial workers will come? In India, the Brahmins are willing to lynch the lower caste and burn up their house for inter-caste romance.

Even among slave labors, the Bangladesh are indefinitely much better than Indians. Indians have too much guts to burn or damage 16 police cars.

And right now Indian TV lie and spread hate against Chinese. No Chinese ever attack Indians as per reported by Indian TV. Anything Indians did, they blame Chinese, blame Bangala, blame Pakistan...etc

Indians lie.

as i said....those evil Indian INTERNET Hindu Brahmin's :lol:

Looks like Bangladeshis rioting, but they and indians look the same to me
Bengladeshies? I didn't see much of the bengolis in Little India, there were shops of Pakistanis and Indian Muslims but I didn't encounter any bengoli there at least.

Bengladeshies? I didn't see much of the bengolis in Little India, there were shops of Pakistanis and Indian Muslims but I didn't encounter any bengoli there at least.
Instead of Little India try construction sites (Indian & Bangladeshis) during day there living conditions is really not that different from workers in ME.

All the mobsters are Indians. Confirm by our newspaper, not a single Bangladesh, Pakistani or Sri Lankan.

Are you a Sing. Tamil.

Singapore is small and beautiful, my most favorite country in Asia. Have you guys tried "Pho" in Singapore?

Off-topic

Indians love playing the race card just like our blacks in the US. Singaporeans turned a scheettie island that even Malays didn't want into the Switzerland of Asia in 2 generations. They are not about to hand it over to Indians to turn it into Delhi. Expect fewer Indians in the future in Singapore.

Every coin has two sides:
One hand: workers should obey local customs and laws;
Another hand: Singapore is unfair to treat foreign workers in some degree, foreign workers do more dirty and hard jobs but earn less, can't share same education, health care, insurance, salary at.al. Long-term accumulation of discontent。

Back
Top Bottom