What's new

Respect dead soldiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
As this is an international defence forum, I think there should be a rule that all fallen soldiers of all nationalities should be respected here.

Its not just a question of ethics too, but insulting fallen soldiers only hurts people of that nationality and as such has no value in any debate.

Ask a professional soldier and even he will say that once your enemy is dead, one shows respect. If any professional soldier is not around, ask your mom.

there are some exceptions to every rule

Even in a thread that is attempting to turn the page over and start the respect issue from scratch voicing respect at all times for soldiers - you have and succeeded in making a troll of yourself. Stop generalizing about your nation. We all have good and bad - your nation is not exclusive to respecting soldiers. I don't want to point out examples where this has been the case - just respect all as you would expect to be respected yourself and draw a line on the past misdemeanors from ALL concerned.

Chor ki dadi main tinka??????

Read my comment again i have said that "see the reaction of pakistanis and chinese in the thread about dead US troops" what's wrong in this?

You are also free to visit that thread and see for ur self all the reactions.

Read my comment again i have said that "see the reaction of pakistanis and chinese in the thread about dead US troops" what's wrong in this?

and you are free to read and look at the comments made by Indians on the thread regarding Nato killing 24 soldiers. I told you i didnt want to point specifics but since you are still in denial i have no choice. It was like a pack of starving dogs on that thread resulting in dozens of bans - yet you say Indians dont disrespect the dead soldiers? Please view first then comment - at least 10 bannings.....

If instead of Pakistani Soldiers, Indian Soldier were killed, what would be your reaction on this situation?? and dont feed us with your crap

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

If instead of Pakistani Soldiers, Indian Soldier were killed, what would be your reaction on this situation?? and dont feed us with your crap

and you are free to read and look at the comments made by Indians on the thread regarding Nato killing 24 soldiers. I told you i didnt want to point specifics but since you are still in denial i have no choice. It was like a pack of starving dogs on that thread resulting in dozens of bans - yet you say Indians dont disrespect the dead soldiers? Please view first then comment - at least 10 bannings.....

Can you link up those posts here..

Whats there to respect in dead enemy soldier?-
He died trying to kill us-

What not to celebrate the death of 3 amrikan soldiers in chopper crash a week ago?-
Given the chance they would have killed 24 more Pakistani soldiers just like their fellow officers did?-

Respect of the dead body is totally another thing-

Reminds me of this quote:

“During times of war, hatred becomes quite respectable even though it has to masquerade often under the guise of patriotism” - Howard Thurman

Someone had it as their signature.

Whats there to respect in dead enemy soldier?-
He died trying to kill us-

What not to celebrate the death of 3 amrikan soldiers in chopper crash a week ago?-
Given the chance they would have killed 24 more Pakistani soldiers just like their fellow officers did?-

Respect of the dead body is totally another thing-

so is not a body of a fallen soldier (be it your enemy) worthy of the same respect ?

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

point out those idiots to us , i have personally chastised a lot of my own country men when they misbehave.

I dont even go to threads on dead US soldiers becuz i not what im going to see.

Probably some people go over board bcoz of the comments n posts by americans,indians,europeans and others on PDF,indian defence forums,militaryphotos,********,youtube etc... but not all or majority of Pakistani members comment like this on other sites either.. not even on PDF.. disrespecting posts are deleted n people banned... just visit other forums and threads where Pak soldiers embracing martyrdom are made fun off by bloody ....!

Still NO SOLDIERS DEATH SHOULD BE CELEBRATED OR MADE FUN OFF... IRRESPECTIVE OF HIS NATIONALITY IF HE DIES SERVING HIS NATION!

so is not a body of a fallen soldier (be it your enemy) worthy of the same respect ?

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

point out those idiots to us , i have personally chastised a lot of my own country men when they misbehave.

I dont need to point out the idiots jbgt90 - i have explained myself to karan in a PM - they exist on both sides of the border. You can go on the thread yourself and see the carnage. In fact some have already been unbanned. It doesnt matter who they are or where they are from - it exists everywhere. Lets encourage the end of these people posting rubbish about it.

I dont need to point out the idiots jbgt90 - i have explained myself to karan in a PM - they exist on both sides of the border. You can go on the thread yourself and see the carnage. In fact some have already been unbanned. It doesnt matter who they are or where they are from - it exists everywhere. Lets encourage the end of these people posting rubbish about it.

unfortunately this lunacy affects all "armchair warriors " to a certain degree , irrespective of nationality .

Learn to respect "HUMANITY" not "SOCIAL DESIGNATIONS" ............. The point that, soldiers need to be respected ''Just because they are serving their country" is both flawed and preposterous........... A soldier killing an innocent civilian is as bad as a civilian getting killed by a terrorist...The label of "Collateral Damage" is just an excuse to waste innocent lives & paves way for state sponsored terrorism, which of course, i wouldn't expect indians, izzraeeli's and americans to understand. The proponents of this brazen topic, leaves a personal impression for being shallow and snobbish. Shame on the op & his supporters. Respecting dead is one thing while respecting dead reprobate is another.

Where am I comparing Bilal? In both cases there are dead professional soldiers, and they should be respected on a defence forum. If one starts looking for circumstances / nationality etc etc, then whats the point???

So the purpose of this thread are the 6 dead soldiers of the US or the 24 dead Pakistani soldiers?

Learn to respect "HUMANITY" not "SOCIAL DESIGNATIONS" ............. The point that, soldiers need to be respected ''Just because they are serving their country" is both flawed and preposterous........... A soldier killing an innocent civilian is as bad as a civilian getting killed by a terrorist...The label of "Collateral Damage" is just an excuse to waste innocent lives & paves way for state sponsored terrorism, which of course, i wouldn't expect indians, izzraeeli's and americans to understand. The proponents of this brazen topic, leaves a personal impression for being shallow and snobbish. Shame on the op & his supporters. Respecting dead is one thing while respecting dead reprobate is another.

I've already said its not a question of ethics alone, its also a practical problem.

1) Who decides who are ''bad soldiers'' unless they have been tried? Is this not an international forum or only pakistani soldiers need to be respected? Aren't there people who firmly believe pakistani soldiers in the past and today engage in state sponsored terrorism? Can they also be given the benefit of your ''logic''?

2) What value does it have on this forum - for debate, for exchaning ideas, for information - to insult dead people???

You say shame on me and people who supported, but going by your self righteous logic and the kind of people who thanked your post, its pretty clear who is the reprobate.

A true soldier never dies he becomes a martyr.....

The profession of Soldiering is in my mind more noble than that of medicine.

A soldiers willingly puts himself in harms way in complete knowledege that he/ she could die. This is done only because the nation calls upon a soldier to do so.

Once a soldier falls in the line of duty, what is respected and saluted is the ' jazba' - I cannot find a suitable word in english to translate ( some body may help me) behind the sacrifice.

Most of us are unwilling even to help a blind man cross a road. Here is a someone who leaves his loved ones behind and risks life and limb for an ' abstract' cause which he cannot see but only feel. Its that ' not to reason why , but do and die.." thing.

This is what deserves respect.

So what if it were a US soldier in AF or Pak or a Pak soldier in Indian territory. Once he falls he ceases to be an enemy.Only someone who fell doing his job as his / her nation called upon him/her to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom