What's new

Report documents 'Rohingya persecution'

We are about 50 Muslim states, yet we do not protect Muslims against a pathetic country called myanmer.

We can easily invade myanmer and sanction it, blocking its oil supply would be enough to squeeze the crap out of it. Yet we don't.

I guess Muslims are to busy fighting each other.

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves here. Myanmar is the neighbour of two giant powers i.e China and India , both of whom have good relations with the country and will never allow an invasion. Also, USA now has improved relations with them a lot. Not possible.

Think about more practical and diplomatic ways to stop the violence.

Yep heck Bangladesh is their neighbor yet it refused to even let them into Bangladesh let along a country miles away.
@nick_indian

bangladesh already has 300,000 rohinga, we are not so much rich to feed them all and bangladesh is very over populated country. Bangladesh did its part as much as it can.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its not a religous issue at all.. burma always had ethnicity problems.. even before BD was formed.. When burma became independent, they kept an in or out offer to accept burmese citizenship. since then the ethnicity issue has been big there.

It just happens that the trouble makers are muslims..

We are about 50 Muslim states, yet we do not protect Muslims against a pathetic country called myanmer.

We can easily invade myanmer and sanction it, blocking its oil supply would be enough to squeeze the crap out of it. Yet we don't.

I guess Muslims are to busy fighting each other.

Yep heck Bangladesh is their neighbor yet it refused to even let them into Bangladesh let along a country miles away.

Myanmar is in the East what Pakistan is in the West - a strategically located country that both India and China vie.

Both India and China are friends with Myanmar. Both India and China have supported Myanmar through sanctions imposed on them by the West.

Nothing any Muslim country can do in terms of sanctions or military that will work as long as India and China are supporting Myanmar.

India has taken in some rohingya refugees from Myanmar , what is the case with Bangladesh ? How many have they taken in ? Any idea ?

They have failed miserably and turned many away, who knows how many have gotten into Bangladesh illegally though. Much thanks to India for taking the high road. :tup:

Myanmar is in the East what Pakistan is in the West - a strategically located country that both India and China vie.

Both India and China are friends with Myanmar. Both India and China have supported Myanmar through sanctions imposed on them by the West.

Nothing any Muslim country can do in terms of sanctions or military that will work as long as India and China are supporting Myanmar.

If the Muslim nations decided to all go to war then we would see, China would not intervene militarily unless their pipeline was at risk as for India idk what your priorities are but India imo would stay out as well. However there will be no war so this is just all posturing.

@nick_indian

bangladesh already has 300,000 rohinga, we are not so much rich to feed them all and bangladesh is very over populated country. Bangladesh did its part as much as it can.

If you have less money you can apply for funds from UN instead you send them back to their deaths.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have failed miserably and turned many away, who knows how many have gotten into Bangladesh illegally though. Much thanks to India for taking the high road. :tup:

I believe BD started refusing them entry after they had reached saturation in previous years..you know exactly what happens if refugees turn into "illegals"- if the GOI feels its getting too big to handle even we'll have to start asking Burma to cut it out.

If the Muslim nations decided to all go to war then we would see, China would not intervene militarily unless their pipeline was at risk as for India idk what your priorities are but India imo would stay out as well. However there will be no war so this is just all posturing.
If you have less money you can apply for funds from UN instead you send them back to their deaths.

money is not only case, you know we are already over populated.

Both countries would stay out of a war for sure. But to wage war you would need the territory of atleast 1 of 4 nations:

India, China, Bangladesh or Thailand.

Both India and China supply arms to Myanmar. Neither wants a war on Myanmar.
Bangladesh does exactly what India asks them to do. The only other country that has influence in Bangladesh is China.

Thailand? I honestly have no clue whether they would allow it or not. A safe bet would however be that they would not allow it.

I believe BD started refusing them entry after they had reached saturation in previous years..you know exactly what happens if refugees turn into "illegals"- if the GOI feels its getting too big to handle even we'll have to start asking Burma to cut it out.

Haven't things calmed down though or are refugees still coming??

Haven't things calmed down though or are refugees still coming??

most worse thing is when we started to take refugees , Myanmar armed forces tried to push all rohingas in Bangladesh instead of controlling the violence.

Both countries would stay out of a war for sure. But to wage war you would need the territory of atleast 1 of 4 nations:

India, China, Bangladesh or Thailand.

Both India and China supply arms to Myanmar. Neither wants a war on Myanmar.
Bangladesh does exactly what India asks them to do. The only other country that has influence in Bangladesh is China.

Thailand? I honestly have no clue whether they would allow it or not. A safe bet would however be that they would not allow it.

It depends on the perception in Bangladesh, if the Bengalis get really upset and ask for intervention then the GOB will be in a tough spot especially if the other Muslim countries are willing to do the fighting and just ask for ground room.

Actually I see it the other way around, as long as your interests are not messed with you and the Chinese will not care and will probably profit from the arms the Burmese would buy to replace those lost in any potential war.

I think a more viable solution would be to pressure Burmese to recognize them as citizens.

Back
Top Bottom