What's new

Replacement of Pakistan Army's G-3 Rifles.

which?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Zarvan They are 5.56mm

We should Up-grade not Down-grade.

I wish to see HK-417 or FN-SCAR-H both 7.65mm NATO - to replace the G-3 in the long run.
O I didn't knew it but HK-417 seems to be a good option
hk417_12-2.jpg

FN%20SCAR%20Light%20-%20FN%20SCAR-L_Large.jpg

FN-SCAR-H

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't used the gun yet but from what I hear, it's actually become heavier by almost half a kg.

Jees, thats like dropping a knife on one's own foot. The rifle isn't light to carry by any means already! -

If what you have been told is correct, then how genius is the idea of 'upgrading' it anyway?

Jees, thats like dropping a knife on one's own foot. The rifle isn't light to carry by any means already! -

If what you have been told is correct, then how genius is the idea of 'upgrading' it anyway?

If its true than Pakistan should stop experimenting with G3 more and should focus on getting liecense of HK-41 or FN-SCAR_H or some other gun which is lighter in weight as compared to G3 but more effective speically in all weather conditions because we need guns which we can use from -40 to 50 C very few Army in the world faces these kind of ranges in their own country

If its true than Pakistan should stop experimenting with G3 more and should focus on getting liecense of HK-41 or FN-SCAR_H or some other gun which is lighter in weight as compared to G3 but more effective speically in all weather conditions because we need guns which we can use from -40 to 50 C very few Army in the world faces these kind of ranges in their own country

Yaar itnay paisy nhi hain abhi :D

Than we have to arrange it Mr we need to teach people the mportance of defense when HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW was about to leave the world in his last few days he didn't had much to eat in his home but is his home on his front wall he had 9 swords one spear and a shield and he never sold them to get food even though they had really high value because of that time

@Zarvan They are 5.56mm

We should Up-grade not Down-grade.

I wish to see HK-417 or FN-SCAR-H both 7.65mm NATO - to replace the G-3 in the long run.

Not necessarily... 5.56 is a very potent system if deployed correctly. 5,56 N, 7.62N and 7.62 are great calibers for specific range and have exceptional terminal ballistic properties at specific, conversely neither of these are do it all type cartridges. 5.56 is extremely flat shooting cartridge upto 250 yards, and has decent terminal ballistics (tb) upto 400 yards, smaller cartridge lets you carry more, 30 round mags and even drum mags are easy to carry. 7.62 nato is a longer range cartridge, but for smaller ranges from 100 to 300 rounds in combat situation, weight penalty is just too high for both the system and the cartridge, g3 fal m14 ar 10 most of them have 20 round mags so in suppression fire mode, you will run out of rounds pretty soon, recoils is high so cover fire are not as effective, here is where the 7.62 x 39 shines. effective ranges of 500 yards, but reasonable engagement range is usually at 150-250 yard mark, light weight cartridge and rifle system, terminal ballistic of the 30 cal round is extremely good, and makes up for the lack of velocity. All three of the popular rounds have their specific places, and rifle systems like HK416/417, SCAR, ACR, BREN, Tavor, all have some tricks up thier sleeves that make them exceptional modern assault rifle systems. So going to a different caliber essentially is not a downgrade, it's just a different caliber!

Now 6.5 grendel, 6.8 SPC and maybe .300 aac blackout might be do it all type cartridges.

last post http://www.defence.pk/forums/guns-corner/229450-battle-rifle-semi-auto-full-auto-info-bank.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't used the gun yet but from what I hear, it's actually become heavier by almost half a kg.

I had my doubts, becoz the pictany rails on all three sides in the front and above where cartridge ejects are made up of steel / iron, thus they will add wait. I don't think we needed so many rails especially if the troops are not to be provided with all the necessary accessories due to shortage of funds.

One rail for scope or red *** sights and hand grip was more then enough. Certain number with all the rails could have been added.

Don't know how much money would have been made in this process and by whom.

I had my doubts, becoz the pictany rails on all three sides in the front and above where cartridge ejects are made up of steel / iron, thus they will add wait. I don't think we needed so many rails especially if the troops are not to be provided with all the necessary accessories due to shortage of funds.

One rail for scope or red *** sights and hand grip was more then enough. Certain number with all the rails could have been added.

Agreed. Especially considering that G-3 is never going to be used in CQB...so you don't need a rail for installing a laser point aim and a torch on either side. So the side rails are practically useless. RDS and Grip rail would be sufficient.

Don't know how much money would have been made in this process and by whom.

Quad-Rails are fairly common in recently developed rifles, this allows them to easily take a red-***/telescope sight on top, a foregrip at the bottom and a tactical light at the side for night ops.

Agreed. Especially considering that G-3 is never going to be used in CQB...so you don't need a rail for installing a laser point aim and a torch on either side. So the side rails are practically useless. RDS and Grip rail would be sufficient.

It's not a designated CQB rifle but the reason for inducting the retractable butt is that it can be made more suitable for either role on the fly. It's not something I would opt for in a CQB sit but if I have to clear a compound whilst on another assignment and a G3 is all I have, then I will make do with what I have. Majboori ka naam shukriya.

To be honest lads from darra are pretty talented, they managed to convert AK47 and M16 to every god damn caliber, ranging from 8mm to 30 bore.
Given the time and resources, coming up with a new design around 7.62nato should not be a problem. A retd col and gun enthusiast was able to make 7.62n bolt action sniper rifle out of PKM barrel, using action from lee enfield and stcok from local shop......those were made in number and still shot in balochistan........

To be honest lads from darra are pretty talented, they managed to convert AK47 and M16 to every god damn caliber, ranging from 8mm to 30 bore.
Given the time and resources, coming up with a new design around 7.62nato should not be a problem. A retd col and gun enthusiast was able to make 7.62n bolt action sniper rifle out of PKM barrel, using action from lee enfield and stcok from local shop......those were made in number and still shot in balochistan........

Darra Maal is unreliable, inaccurate and has a tendency of blowing up in your face. Not my favourite attributes when looking for a rifle.

Darra Maal is unreliable, inaccurate and has a tendency of blowing up in your face. Not my favourite attributes when looking for a rifle.

Dara has the skill, i have a dara pistol copy of italian weapon, but you cannot make it out until you see "Made in Pakistan" written on it. It is made of an alloy and does't erode. It is with me since last 20 years and even if i forget oiling, it does not get rusty. It is designed in such a way that while firing there is no recoil. So I would say that we have the talent, refinement should not be a problem. It will also help in controlling illegal arms, as weapon production will come under scrutiny and regulation.
Development of an Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom