What's new

Renaming the Hindu Kush?

Are you in favor of renaming the Hindu Kush Mountains in Pakistan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you even know what "kush" means?

Guys Hindukush dosent mean Hindu Killer. the word Kush is derived from Sanskrit. The Hindu Kush were called the Caucasus Indicus by the ancient Greeks. Kush means "Hay", Son Of Lord Ram.

From wikipedia

In some of the Iranian languages that are still spoken in the region many peaks, mountains, and related places in the region have "Kosh" or "Kush" in their names. In the Persian language of the Sassanian period, Hindu referred to the inhabitants of the area around and beyond the Indus River, or Hind - the people who were followers of Hinduism.

No, original should be maintained. Renaming it would make Muslims look very small and petty.

In the Poll in the thread header you voted for "Yes - I agree Hindu Kush Mountains should be renamed." ... But in the posts you are contradicting yourself. Why so ?

By the way they show names of those who vote and what they vote.

I am in favor of renaming the Hindu Kush, are you also in favor of renaming the Hindu Kush Mountains...

Should Muslims reclaim the land by it's name...?

Any thoughts the land is now inhabited by Musulman's no longer Hindus...

For example, I thought of an interesting Geo-graphical comparison. Today we refer to Istanbul as Istanbul the name adopted and given by Ottoman/Turkish Musulman's to the city in 1453 c.e., we no longer refer to it as Constantinople -the name of the city when it was still under Byzantine rule...I can think of so many more...

Today the "Hindu Kush" mountains are inhabited by Muslims, ruled by Muslims, and within two Muslim countries (Afghanistan and Pakistan) but in the case of Pakistan I agree we should rename these Mountains to something that suits our identity!!!

We shall consider re-naming Pakistan? it will please hindus more!

Nope. It should remain the same.

Should keep history, culture intact as long as possible.

In the Poll in the thread header you voted for "Yes - I agree Hindu Kush Mountains should be renamed." ... But in the posts you are contradicting yourself. Why so ?

By the way they show names of those who vote and what they vote.

Could be the case of clicking on the wrong option. Happens to everyone and many times.

Raw,mossad and CIA kush

why so much obsessed with the religion??whats wrong if it has "hindu" in its name?? i get shocked sometimes to see how some people link religion with everything

that's khush...
i think "kush" means weed like marijuana or something...
not sure though...

hindu khud kush :D

Kush mean kill..just like they say in urdu khud kushi mean suicide :)

Tomorrow we will talk about changing the name of ganga ram hospital in lahore :no:

What's the point?

I am against it, as soon as you change the name you loose a lot of it's history.

Muslim Kush :lol:

why not call it SUper kush? or pink kush? or bubba kush? or OG kush comon guys IDEAS!!!!?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom