What's new

Refrain from cow slaughter on Eid, clerics appeal to Muslims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
India_Hindu_Festival_t607.JPG

:rofl:

That cow doesnt know what the heck is goin on :lol:

Hindus don't worship cows. We respect, honour and adore the cow. By honouring this gentle animal, who gives more than she takes, we honour all creatures.

Hindus regard all living creatures as sacred - mammals, fishes, birds and more. We acknowledge this reverence for life in our special affection for the cow. At festivals we decorate and honour her, but we do not worship her in the sense that we worship the Deity.

To the Hindu, the cow symbolizes all other creatures. The cow is a symbol of the Earth, the nourisher, the ever-giving, undemanding provider. The cow represents life and the sustenance of life. The cow is so generous, taking nothing but water, grass and grain. It gives and gives and gives of its milk, as does the liberated soul give of his spiritual knowledge. The cow is so vital to life, the virtual sustainer of life, for many humans. The cow is a symbol of grace and abundance. Veneration of the cow instils in Hindus the virtues of gentleness, receptivity and connectedness with nature.

All of that can be summed up into: Cows give milk. So do goats, camels, sheep etc., All of this is fine, but if you see reality in India, the Hindus who own most of these dairies dont even care about these animals. They wont feed it properly, and most of these cows are thin. They go around the city and eat the advertisement posters on the walls, eat garbage thrown in the street corner etc., And a lot of these times this garbage is not really "vegetarian". I sense a bit of hypocrisy here. Cows are not treated humanely in India. Lets be very clear on this. People dont eat beef because they buy into some ideology. Its the same as Muslims and Jews not eating pork. Its adhering to an ideology, nothing else. The cow is just an animal. Unnecessary glorification doesnt mean anything really.

@wickerman i think am wasting my time on a male who got short life on earth.... Anyway this is my last reply to u.... i aint got time to waste on a male who is next to evil.... Nothing can escape karma.... Even Gods.... Thats a law of Universe....
Sade Sati , Astrology
SADE SATI AND ITS EFFECTS
Btw which animal dont eat its own kind? Every animal eats who are meat eater.... It seems your brain turned totaly garbage eating nonveg.... This was my last reply to u....
In Some Species, Eating Your Own Is Good Sense - NYTimes.com
Polar bears: Cannibal pictures prove they'll even eat bear cubs | Mail Online
Btw here is a cow who got away from pakistani males before being butcherd.... However she was caught and than.... You know.... Check how she screaming.... Karma hits every human being who does sin.... No wonder why many nations going through hell.... Its their own sin....
cow kick running away b4 qurbani.flv.flv - YouTube

@wickerman i think am wasting my time on a male who got short life on earth.... Anyway this is my last reply to u.... i aint got time to waste on a male who is next to evil.... Nothing can escape karma.... Even Gods.... Thats a law of Universe....
Sade Sati , Astrology
SADE SATI AND ITS EFFECTS
Btw which animal dont eat its own kind? Every animal eats who are meat eater.... It seems your brain turned totaly garbage eating nonveg.... This was my last reply to u....
In Some Species, Eating Your Own Is Good Sense - NYTimes.com
Polar bears: Cannibal pictures prove they'll even eat bear cubs | Mail Online
Btw here is a cow who got away from pakistani males before being butcherd.... However she was caught and than.... You know.... Check how she screaming.... Karma hits every human being who does sin.... No wonder why many nations going through hell.... Its their own sin....
cow kick running away b4 qurbani.flv.flv - YouTube

Yes you are wasting your time.

1. I am an Atheist. I dont believe in god.

2. Astrology, Numerology, horoscopes etc are superstition. They dont really predict anything, but its a by product of age old superstition.

3. Yes some animals do cannibalize. However the majority dont. Thats a fact. However we are not polar bears or spiders or anything like that.

4. Yes, when an animals throat is slit, it will definitely scream. I have no mercy for that. I would prefer humane ways of slaughter though.

5. Saying that natural disasters, diseases, wars etc happen because of consuming meat is beyond ridiculous.

6. Your type of superstition and narrow mindedness is what keeps this country underdeveloped.

Its time you actually educated yourself and started eating some meat. Start with goat. Its pretty high in protein and minerals and will help your cognitive skills.

I do not know about indian places but as far as bangladeshI and pakistani establishment i know of many that serves beef.... There are speciality steak houses....Pork no I am unaware as I do not eat the stuff....

I do not know about indian places but as far as bangladeshI and pakistani establishment i know of many that serves beef.... There are speciality steak houses....Pork no I am unaware as I do not eat the stuff....

We have places that serve beef too. We have lots of steakhouses in Bangalore. Also places that serve Hamburgers etc :D And yeah pork is served in those places too :D

Why do Hindus worship the cow?

Hindus don't worship cows. We respect, honour and adore the cow. By honouring this gentle animal, who gives more than she takes, we honour all creatures.

Hindus regard all living creatures as sacred - mammals, fishes, birds and more. We acknowledge this reverence for life in our special affection for the cow. At festivals we decorate and honour her, but we do not worship her in the sense that we worship the Deity.

To the Hindu, the cow symbolizes all other creatures. The cow is a symbol of the Earth, the nourisher, the ever-giving, undemanding provider. The cow represents life and the sustenance of life. The cow is so generous, taking nothing but water, grass and grain. It gives and gives and gives of its milk, as does the liberated soul give of his spiritual knowledge. The cow is so vital to life, the virtual sustainer of life, for many humans. The cow is a symbol of grace and abundance. Veneration of the cow instils in Hindus the virtues of gentleness, receptivity and connectedness with nature.

Well articulated explanation !

sacrifice camel larges of the domestic animal.......

Can hindus also produce the example of peace and harmony by rebuilding the babari mosque at same place...............?

only it wont be babri masjid, it will be manmohan masjid, or 2 years later NaMo masjid.

What does a common Hindu man think of the cow? Does he consider it a deity or just a sacred animal in the sense you described?

Lord Krishna was born into a dairy cow herding family and was very fond of cows as you may well know, yep in my view it is just that a sacred animal not a God or deity as i consider God to be just 1 the Supreme being.

Yes you are wasting your time.

1. I am an Atheist. I dont believe in god.

2. Astrology, Numerology, horoscopes etc are superstition. They dont really predict anything, but its a by product of age old superstition.

3. Yes some animals do cannibalize. However the majority dont. Thats a fact. However we are not polar bears or spiders or anything like that.

4. Yes, when an animals throat is slit, it will definitely scream. I have no mercy for that. I would prefer humane ways of slaughter though.

5. Saying that natural disasters, diseases, wars etc happen because of consuming meat is beyond ridiculous.

6. Your type of superstition and narrow mindedness is what keeps this country underdeveloped.

Its time you actually educated yourself and started eating some meat. Start with goat. Its pretty high in protein and minerals and will help your cognitive skills.

dont preach too much brother........ may be u were raised in an environment or culture where it was never bad to eat cow meat ..... past experience result in present behaviour..... may be ur past experiences and surroundings are different

BTW BEING ATHEIST IS NO DIFFERENT FROM OTHER RELIGIONS .... OTHERS STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT THERE IS GOD AND U STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT THERE IS NO GOD... SO TAKE A CHILL PILL IF SOMEONE DOES NOT EAT MEAT OR IS COMPASSIONATE TOWARDS ANIMALS...

yaa another thing respecting your culture never makes you underdeveloped..... see JAPAN

Sacrificing cows are easier on the pocket as 7 people can contribute towards the cow, while goat is 1:1

Not only cows, but camel sacrifice too can have 7 shares.

:rofl:

That cow doesnt know what the heck is goin on :lol:

All of that can be summed up into: Cows give milk. So do goats, camels, sheep etc., All of this is fine, but if you see reality in India, the Hindus who own most of these dairies dont even care about these animals. They wont feed it properly, and most of these cows are thin. They go around the city and eat the advertisement posters on the walls, eat garbage thrown in the street corner etc., And a lot of these times this garbage is not really "vegetarian". I sense a bit of hypocrisy here. Cows are not treated humanely in India. Lets be very clear on this. People dont eat beef because they buy into some ideology. Its the same as Muslims and Jews not eating pork. Its adhering to an ideology, nothing else. The cow is just an animal. Unnecessary glorification doesnt mean anything really.

I myself have fed cows with my own hands and my grandparents do it on a daily basis like many Hindus it is like routine to them and even the cows seem to know when it is dinner time. I do agree though we can do much more for animal welfare, we need more places like this:

cows_feeding.jpg

Cow Sanctuary in AP

http://www.vspca.org/programs/cowsanctuary.php

I do not know a single Pakistani joint that sells beef in UK and im talking about the big places like Lahore Kebab house etc that are well established.

I myself have fed cows with my own hands and my grandparents do it on a daily basis like many Hindus it is like routine to them and even the cows seem to know when it is dinner time. I do agree though we can do much more for animal welfare, we need more places like this:

cows_feeding.jpg

Cow Sanctuary in AP

Cow Sanctuary and Biogas - VSPCA - Andhra Pradesh, India

bro he wont understand coz he has never experienced it...... even at our house it is a custom to give the first roti to cow and the last one to dog every day.... and u kno what cows visit each n every house on regular basis and sometime if u dont turn up they wont mind hitting the gate with horns to call u:) same goes for stray dogs.... but dont waste ur time explaining them:smokin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom