What's new

Refrain from cow slaughter on Eid, clerics appeal to Muslims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I understand English fine. What I don't understand is do you guys worship Cows or not?? If you do then fine Muslims should not sacrifice cows as you hold it as a deity but if you don't than you guys need to stop being so stubborn. So which is it, because even on this thread there are conflicting views?

We allow conflicting views because we are a free society. Some worship cows, some repec it, some dont. so there is nothing to be confused here. there is no book that is written on do's and donts of cow slaughter.

No, I understand English fine. What I don't understand is do you guys worship Cows or not?? If you do then fine Muslims should not sacrifice cows as you hold it as a deity but if you don't than you guys need to stop being so stubborn. So which is it, because even on this thread there are conflicting views?

Have you not read a single thing I have posted? this is getting boring no we do not worship the cow it is not a God nor a deity

We respect, honour and adore the cow. By honouring this gentle animal, who gives more than she takes, we honour all creatures.

Hindus regard all living creatures as sacred - mammals, fishes, birds and more. We acknowledge this reverence for life in our special affection for the cow. At festivals we decorate and honour her, but we do not worship her in the sense that we worship the Deity.

Why do Hindus worship the cow?

It is not Hindus that made this comment it was Indian Muslim clerics who wanted to show empathy with their Hindu brothers and sisters just like we banned the satanic verses etc because it caused offence to Muslims in India.

The All India Muslim Personal Law Board vice-president and Shia cleric Maulana Syed Kalbe Sadiq, in a statement Sadiq, said "It is my appeal to Muslims to completely restrain from sacrificing the cow on the Eid-ul-Azha. India is our country and we should respect the feeling of Hindu brethren who are in the majority."

Maulana sahib, don't you think the redden word could have been avoided?

If you go Goa or Kerela you can eat cows all day long literally

I would applaud the concern by muslim cleric towards sensitive issue of hindus. But Hindus should also reciprocate similarly in kind.

Anyways secular credentials in India are quite strong, we not seen big riots against minority in last 10-12 yrs unlike our neighbourhood. So we do not need certificate from citizens of country who consider people of minority religion or even sect as second class.

Yet other Hindus say cow is not worshiped but only respected. Now if you Hindus cannot even decide on a consensus for this issue how can you hold Muslims at fault.

The distinction between that extreme respect and worshiping is quite vague, at-least in Hindu context.

To simplify, Hindus respect all the creation, everything created by God is worthy of respect, cause he exist in everything, everywhere.
Cows enjoy extra respect. Of all the domesticated animals, cows have been most popular/useful throughout history for common man in India. Thus the reverence for cows is borderline worship.

Bottom-line is, cow is sacred for Hindus. If Muslims wish to respect their feelings and refrain from killing them, it would be a welcome gesture. A big step towards harmony. This would also prompt Hindus to take similar step. If someone wants to find fault with it, so be it. He is free to see spots on moon while others enjoy its light.

The distinction between that extreme respect and worshiping is quite vague, at-least in Hindu context.

To simplify, Hindus respect all the creation, everything created by God is worthy of respect, cause he exist in everything, everywhere.
Cows enjoy extra respect. Of all the domesticated animals, cows have been most popular/useful throughout history for common man in India. Thus the reverence for cows is borderline worship.

Bottom-line is, cow is sacred for Hindus. If Muslims wish to respect their feelings and refrain from killing them, it would be a welcome gesture. A big step towards harmony. This would also prompt Hindus to take similar step. If someone wants to find fault with it, so be it. He is free to see spots on moon while others enjoy its light.

I have no problems with Muslims refraining from slaughtering cows if it helps them sleep better at night.

Have you not read a single thing I have posted? this is getting boring no we do not worship the cow it is not a God nor a deity

We respect, honour and adore the cow. By honouring this gentle animal, who gives more than she takes, we honour all creatures.

Hindus regard all living creatures as sacred - mammals, fishes, birds and more. We acknowledge this reverence for life in our special affection for the cow. At festivals we decorate and honour her, but we do not worship her in the sense that we worship the Deity.

Why do Hindus worship the cow?

It is not Hindus that made this comment it was Indian Muslim clerics who wanted to show empathy with their Hindu brothers and sisters just like we banned the satanic verses etc because it caused offence to Muslims in India.

You should look at the comment I quoted I am not the one who said Hindus worship cows, I only asked which is it however I will take your reply as the majority view.

We allow conflicting views because we are a free society. Some worship cows, some repec it, some dont. so there is nothing to be confused here. there is no book that is written on do's and donts of cow slaughter.

According to Yeti you guys are not supposed to worship cows just respect it so I am not the one who is confused the ones who worship the cow are.

I would applaud the concern by muslim cleric towards sensitive issue of hindus. But Hindus should also reciprocate similarly in kind.

Anyways secular credentials in India are quite strong, we not seen big riots against minority in last 10-12 yrs unlike our neighbourhood. So we do not need certificate from citizens of country who consider people of minority religion or even sect as second class.

Point scoring aside - but one simply can't equate i.e. the widespread elimination of minorities in Pakistan to something of this nature that happens in India.

If we are go by the theory of Karma...which is to me the most important pillar of Hinduism

It is equally a sin to kill a chicken as it is to kill a cow...all life is equal..you kill one, you kill em all

So to me singling out the cow does not really make any sense....just because Hindu priests say so..

One the issue of concepts like "Bali" and "Bakra eid"...I think mass slaughter in the name of religion is just BS even if it came straight from the Prophets mouth.
The times in which such acts were promoted was very different.....The act of sharing a meal with a bretheren was to promote harmony and learn the importance of sacrifice...
In today's day and age, Im not sure if slaughter is the only way to "sacrifice"...there are many other ways to do so and I believe all religions need to evolve...as do Hinduism and Islam...

Yes you are wasting your time.

1. I am an Atheist. I dont believe in god.

2. Astrology, Numerology, horoscopes etc are superstition. They dont really predict anything, but its a by product of age old superstition.

3. Yes some animals do cannibalize. However the majority dont. Thats a fact. However we are not polar bears or spiders or anything like that.

4. Yes, when an animals throat is slit, it will definitely scream. I have no mercy for that. I would prefer humane ways of slaughter though.

5. Saying that natural disasters, diseases, wars etc happen because of consuming meat is beyond ridiculous.

6. Your type of superstition and narrow mindedness is what keeps this country underdeveloped.

Its time you actually educated yourself and started eating some meat. Start with goat. Its pretty high in protein and minerals and will help your cognitive skills.

Financial astrology has 70-90% accuracy .I happen to subscribe to Ray Merriman's works.Also Mundane astrology has 60-70% accuracy.

If we are go by the theory of Karma...which is to me the most important pillar of Hinduism

It is equally a sin to kill a chicken as it is to kill a cow...all life is equal..you kill one, you kill em all

So to me singling out the cow does not really make any sense....just because Hindu priests say so..

One the issue of concepts like "Bali" and "Bakra eid"...I think mass slaughter in the name of religion is just BS even if it came straight from the Prophets mouth.
The times in which such acts were promoted was very different.....The act of sharing a meal with a bretheren was to promote harmony and learn the importance of sacrifice...
In today's day and age, Im not sure if slaughter is the only way to "sacrifice"...there are many other ways to do so and I believe all religions need to evolve...as do Hinduism and Islam...

I believe that before one comments on a topic he should do some research. Why do Muslims slaughter on Eid? What do you think happens to the meat, or do you think we just slaughter for the sake of slaughtering??

Maulana sahib, don't you think the redden word could have been avoided?
Ek dum sahi bole ho aap Janaab. Maulana ji ko thoda dhyaan rakhna chahiye tha.

Ek Cow ke piche do mulk ke log lad rahe hain, Zameen kaafi nahin thi ladne ke liye....:D

Financial astrology has 70-90% accuracy .I happen to subscribe to Ray Merriman's works.Also Mundane astrology has 60-70% accuracy.

I believe in astrology. it works. any of paksitanis want to konw about their future let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom