What's new

Referred by Pak docs, Afghan woman cured of cancer in Delhi

EjazR

Reaction score
A story of co-operation between Indian and Pakistani doctors, to save an Afghan.

Referred by Pak docs, Afghan woman cured of cancer in Delhi

A 49-year-old woman from Afghanistan came to the Capital for better management of menopause. Only, what she had assumed to be post-menopausal ailment, turned out be cancer of the uterus.

“I never suspected it would be cancer. I could not be treated in Afghanistan and I went to Pakistan with my nephew. Despite being on treatment for months, the peri-menopausal bleeding was not stopping. The doctors there referred to me Delhi after seeing that the medicines were giving me no relief,” said Khadija, a resident of Kabul.

Uterine cancer refers to a malignancy arising from the lining of the uterus. Cancers of the uterus are the most common gynaecological cancers, typically occurring within a few years of menopause. The malignancy is associated with excessive oestrogen exposure, which often develops in the setting of the lining of the uterus and is associated with excessive or irregular vaginal bleeding.

The patient was diagnosed with Stage-1 of uterus cancer. “The patient was operated last week and discharged in three days. What is special in this case is that most cancer centres do not operate uterine cancer through minimal invasive surgery. The patient recovered in three days and will now be consulting doctors for managing her cancer periodically,” Dr Urvashi Prasad Jha, Director, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Max Healthcare. The patient was operated on January 7 and discharged on January 10.

“The doctors had told us that if they operate using conventional methods, the patient would have to stay for three months. We decided to opt for the minimal invasive surgery. She could walk on the third day and we are now waiting to go back,” said Ahmed Siyar, the patient’s nephew, who accompanied her to India for the surgery.

According to doctors, most women attribute irregular or excessive bleeding after the age of 40 to menopause. “It could be cancer and a majority of women delay treatment because they assume it is menopausal,” added Dr Jha.

good good superb work.... tareef hogaye Indian ke ub ham jayeen ? ijazat hey ? lol

good good superb work.... tareef hogaye Indian ke ub ham jayeen ? ijazat hey ? lol

Mate: Strange isnt it? .....A routine help makes it to the thread of a Defence Forum. Thats what we humans have fallen down to. That lady should have been treated in her own country .. by her own people .... by her own money. Religion has overshadowed humanity.

As you wish.
But if you find any soul in distress , please refer Indian Doctors/Medical treatment to them.
Vo aapko dua dete nahi thakange.
I wish Akram had taken the flight to Chennai/Singapore a little earlier.

Back
Top Bottom