What's new

Ready to induct MiG squadron in may, India awaits carrier

Well, Ks have a range of 3000+ kms with external fuel tanks/AAR, even without a carrier they are lethal as a shore based fighters.

Exacty, + too much training on the planes wont hurt our pilots.

Why always station out naval fleets In south india why not Delhi or even Haryana or UP when I ask this to people they give me a stupid answer that these states are not connected to sea can you believe it

I am sure you must be joking......right??

Well, Ks have a range of 3000+ kms with external fuel tanks/AAR, even without a carrier they are lethal as a shore based fighters.

Not if IN has no shore based maritime attack role, because that still remains in IAF. So all we can do at the moment with the Migs, is training pilots.

No, but it will reduce airframe life. I'd rather they spend most of the 3000 hours of their life doing operational sorties than training alone.

Good point, especially when they only can train basic flying and weapon use today, but the important carrier take off and landings can't be trained as of now. Btw are the shore based training facilities ready by now? I mean the ski-jump at INS Hansa?

Just joking

tumblr_inline_mjddy6jcUu1qiw26m.gif

No, but it will reduce airframe life. I'd rather they spend most of the 3000 hours of their life doing operational sorties than training alone.

Do not think they can over train. We are not taking decades here.

Good point, especially when they only can train basic flying and weapon use today, but the important carrier take off and landings can't be trained as of now. Btw are the shore based training facilities ready by now? I mean the ski-jump at INS Hansa?

No news regarding the same has come out, so I guess not. In feb 2012 there were reports that the facility would be completed "soon". Later that year (in june) there were tenders for some engineering work regarding outfitting the hull. After that, no reports have come out AFAIK. So the best guess is that it is not operational yet.

@sancho @Abingdonboy

how much no. of ac form one Naval squadron??

& we have inducted till now only 16 migs, the order for 29 additional ones were given 3 years ago, still not inducted any, why??
IIRC the 45 will break down into 2 fighter SQDs (15-16 a/c each) with atleast 2 KUBs in each SQD. The remaining units will be used as reserves and as a shore-based training unit.

AFAIK the SBTF coming up at INS HANSA will be ready by mid-2013 so a few months away now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why always station out naval fleets In south india why not Delhi or even Haryana or UP when I ask this to people they give me a stupid answer that these states are not connected to sea can you believe it

:rofl: POTD

These Mig-29 K's are based at INS Hansa, Goa. Absolute beasts, I used to curse them so many times for breaking my sleep as their flight path was over my college hostel.

I totally agree with you. Delhi must have a port where naval ships can dock. After all the naval headquarters is there for a reason. We must dig a canal from Arabian sea to Delhi and have our important assets docked in delhi. And offcourse as a redundency (in case some one fills the canal with mud) we must also dig a canal from Bay of Bengal.

how does this sound for a plan :P

India is not getting the AC until it pays Russia for the fire damage.

Well airforce is allowed to station their fleet on land. That seems unfair.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom