Status
Not open for further replies.
some body stop this guy (AE) from posting off topic.. Please :D

This is how it is meant to be:

1. You come to India.

2. You kill two Indians.

3. Police nabs you.

4. You claim diplomatic immunity.

5. Police checks your passport and visa.

6. Police contacts the Indian foreign office (which your Punjab police did not).

7. Police asks the Foreign Office to confirm your diplomatic immunity. (which your Punjab Police did not)

8. If Indian foreign Office says that you have diplomatic immunity, police let's you go. If Indian foreign Office says that you do not have diplomatic immunity, only then you are arrested.

Your police did not perform steps 6 through 8.

This is standard practice. I'm not making anything up here.

Maybe they have done steps 6 through 8.
and concluded he does not have any diplomatic immunity.
thats why he was arrested.

Amrikion ki shaan mein aisi ghustakhi, hum ker saktay hein bhala :azn:

Hamid Gul thinks he was under-cover on a recruitment mission,,, & may be was trying to recruit those victoms on bike... but they probably didn't get along well...

2 Americans were killed in Karachi a while back,,, who had fight with their hired agents over payments & were killed by those patsies themselves.... this might be a similar case of discord b/w recruiter & patsies...

YouTube - YaNabi.com - Islamabad Tonight 2011.01.31 - 2

SpyTalk - Lahore shootout: Spy rendezvous gone bad?

Washington Post

-
Lahore shootout: Spy rendezvous gone bad?

-
By Jeff Stein
A senior former U.S. diplomatic security agent suggested Thursday that the American involved in a fatal shootout in Lahore, Pakistan, was the victim of a spy meeting gone awry, not the target of a robbery or car-jacking attempt.

"It looks like an informant meet gone bad more than a car-jacking attempt,” said Fred Burton, a former deputy chief of the U.S. Diplomatic Security Service’s counter-terrorism division.

Early reports were sketchy. Many said the American, identified in the Pakistani press variously as Raymond David, or just “Davis,” had shot two armed men on a motorcycle “in self defense” as they approached his car in a robbery attempt. As the American sped away, another Pakistani on a motorcycle was killed, according to the reports.

[SATURDAY UDATE: Embassy officials have identified the man as Raymond A. Davis. A senior U.S. official quoted by The Post said Davis was a "permanent diplomat" who was assigned to the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad as a security officer, a role the official described as "a guy who is in the protection of people."]

A Lahore police official earlier told The Post that “another U.S. vehicle was traveling with the sedan and that the American then fled the scene in that car. As it sped away, it hit a motorcyclist, killing him.”

Pakistan's GEO TV broadcast a photo of a broad-faced, 40-something man in a plaid shirt sitting in the back of a police car, who it identified as the American involved in the shootout.

According to Burton, who worked on several major terrorism cases in the 1980s and 1990s, the incident showed that David “had outstanding situational awareness to recognize the attack unfolding and shoot the other men.”

“It shows a high degree of firearms discipline and training,” Burton added. “Either the consulate employee's route was compromised by terrorist or criminal surveillance, or it's feasible he was set up in some sort of double-agent operation, if this wasn't a criminal motive.”

David was quickly apprehended and surrendered a Beretta pistol and three cell phones, according to local reports quoting police. He remains in custody.

No immediate explanation was given for David’s presence in Lahore’s Qartaba Chowk area, a mixed commercial and residential where two major roads meet.

“Even if U.S. officials are cleared of wrongdoing,” The Post correspondents reported, “the incident could be explosive in a nation where anti-American sentiment is strong. Some Pakistani news channels covering the episode raised the possibility that the Americans involved were employees of Blackwater, an American security contractor, now known as Xe Services, that is widely viewed in Pakistan as a sort of mercenary agency.”

By Jeff Stein | January 27, 2011; 3:10 PM ET

Maybe they have done steps 6 through 8.
and concluded he does not have any diplomatic immunity.
thats why he was arrested.

Amrikion ki shaan mein aisi ghustakhi, hum ker saktay hein bhala :azn:

Bhai mere, tu mazak ke mood mein hai. Ab main kya bolun? :lol:

With a country whose population growth is higher than its economic growth, you should be more concerned about your daily diwalis, ethnic cleansing and massacres of your minorities going on in the land of the pure.

i think you should take your off topic BS and shove it up your you know what and get the hell out of this thread before you are banned :angry:

im with Pakistanis on this issue.
this guy was drunk and ran his car over a man out of his American arrogance.

With a country whose population growth is higher than its economic growth, you should be more concerned about your daily diwalis, ethnic cleansing and massacres of your minorities going on in the land of the pure.

Who invited you here, are you an american citizen dont look like it, are you a Pakistani dont think so. My bad forgot you are simply a bloody troll, if you dont have any thing better to add then why dont you STFU. And by the way report button is to your left.

Oh yeah-- I was wondering-- why you didn't mention me- Big Deal-
I am here to talk about Mr Davis-- since this thread talks about him.

One question:
Did you see the scans of his passport? What are you expert on topic opinions on that?
He is American that i can see- Next :coffee:

I defer to the statements of the US Ambassador to Pakistan and to the US Department of State in Washington. They know the facts and state that Raymond Davis has a Diplomatic Passport with valid Pakistani Visa through I think June 2012...and the Mr. Davis has Diplomatic Immunity.

I rest on my nation's official position.

God Bless America and Pakistan Zindabad!

Sir,

You are talking about a CONSULAR OFFICER, I'm talking about a DIPLOMAT, something that Mr. Davis claims to be.

Please try to understand the difference.

Try to research the subject you are talking about:

DIPLOMATIC Ranks:
  1. Ambassador (High Commissioner in Commonwealth missions); Ambassador at large
  2. Minister
  3. Minister-Counselor
  4. Counselor
  5. First Secretary
  6. Second Secretary
  7. Third Secretary
  8. Attaché
  9. Assistant Attaché

Ap yeh kero k Judge k sawalon k jawab hi dey do :azn:

Wo toh Davis Saab denge. Maine thode hee kuch kiya hai? :lol:

Anyways, Let me come back to the first point I made.

Guilty or not, Mr. Davis is walking out of Pakistan.

I can give you that on a stamp paper.

Guilty or not Guilty-- thats every one wants to know- and that will matter alot in the future of Pak US diplomatic relations.

Regardless he will walk away from it, we already know that.

Refer back to my post where i have clarified the ranks of diplomats.. Counselor is a Diplomatic rank, (google is your best friend). Also Yes counselors can be arrested for grave crimes, they can be tried under the local law under a competent local authority:

http://untreaty.un.org/ilc/texts/instruments/english/conventions/9_2_1963.pdf

Articles 42 and 41 of the Convention assure Pakistan this right...

I will list those ranks for your benefit again:
250px-Diphierarchy.png

So you see even if he was a DIPLOMAT, under the convention the host nation can ARREST HIM and present him before a local judge.

This is not a simple matter of Persona Non Grata... This is far more complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom