What's new

RAW & IB's biggest anti-terror covert ops abroad

Ravindra Kaushik went to extremes in his zeal to serve the country. But he died unhonoured and unsung in a Pakistani prison. His family, virtually ignored by the Indian government, now wonders if his effort was really worth it.Kaushik became an undercover agent in 1975, at the age of 21, just after he graduated. As a spy in Pakistan, he took enormous pains to conceal his identity. He first converted to Islam, taking the name, Nabi Ahmed. He enrolled in a law college, duly graduated, and married a Pakistani girl. He applied to the Pakistan army, underwent the gruelling entrance test and got himself selected. All the while he continued supplying intelligence to India. In 1983, however, his cover was blown. Another Indian agent, Inayat Masiha, was caught crossing the border and blurted out Kaushik's name during interrogation. The Pakistani authorities laid a trap, which Kaushik walked straight into. He was arrested in September and spent the remaining 18 years of his life in jail. "We did not know anything about his profession," said Rajeshwarnath Kaushik, his younger brother, who lives in Jaipur. "All he would say when he visited us was 'I am serving the nation'." All that his family, which kept trying to get him released till he died, got was Rs 500 per month after his arrest, raised to Rs 2000 a few years later. After Kaushik's mother Amladevi died, even this meagre pension stopped.

The protagonist of a novel by former intelligence chief Malay Krishna Dhar, Mission to Pakistan, is based on Kaushik.

Family seeks gutsy spy's posthumous recognition - Yahoo! India News

Read this news on Yahoo as well as Hindustan Times Sunday edition. Though off topic, still thought it could fit into this thread.

My salute to this brave soul.

Cool stuff by RAW and IB, I used to doubt their capabilities earlier but after reading this stuff I am forced to change my view...albeit with great joy!!

Still believe there is big room for improvement, remember Mumbai 2008, Kargil 1999 !!!

Intel agencies like any other agency depend on the quality of leadership.
Last four yrs before 26/11 ,the home ministery saw its worst HM in its history ,Shivraj Patil .

Our NSA is a dubius character who is still wrecking havoc in RAW and he stayed inspite of 26/11is because his closeness to the Gandhi family.

The only saving grace is PC who has managed to put things in order at the home ministery after his arrival and he work so far is commendable .

Thanks for posting this. As I am writing this post, I am sure RAW and IB are killing/nabbing few more idiots. :sniper: I always knew that our intel agencies are one of the best.

I would like to thank Bangladesh and Nepal for their cooperations. No matter how many people come and cry about Indian meddling/involvemet etc. Relation between these countries are good and together they all are saving precious human lives.

I liked this sentence. It has become my favourite lines. But they have told to much. Back to work boyz. :lol:

In every country there is a RAW station. The strength depends upon our initiative.

Lastly thanks to these unsungs heroes. :cheers:

Kaushik became an undercover agent in 1975, at the age of 21, just after he graduated. As a spy in Pakistan, he took enormous pains to conceal his identity. He first converted to Islam, taking the name, Nabi Ahmed. He enrolled in a law college, duly graduated, and married a Pakistani girl. He applied to the Pakistan army, underwent the grueling entrance test and got himself selected. All the while he continued supplying intelligence to India.

Amazing!!!

Nothing better than good ol HUMINT in true old school style of spying. But, the government's apathy towards such brave sons of the soil is really appalling. Guys like Kaushik are no less than martyrs of war and deserve the same respect.

Intel agencies like any other agency depend on the quality of leadership.
Last four yrs before 26/11 ,the home ministery saw its worst HM in its history ,Shivraj Patil .

Our NSA is a dubius character who is still wrecking havoc in RAW and he stayed inspite of 26/11is because his closeness to the Gandhi family.

The only saving grace is PC who has managed to put things in order at the home ministery after his arrival and he work so far is commendable .

I am 100% in agreement with your views. I want to be Chidambaram's fan on facebook, how to do that.

I am 100% in agreement with your views. I want to be Chidambaram's fan on facebook, how to do that.

Chidambaram was doing an Amazing job as home minister..Just look at the short fall in bombings all over India..When Shivraj patil was homeminister bombs were detonating all over India...I think Chidabaram is one of the best home minister we have :agree:

Chidambaram was doing an Amazing job as home minister..Just look at the short fall in bombings all over India..When Shivraj patil was homeminister bombs were detonating all over India...I think Chidabaram is one of the best home minister we have :agree:

No doubt buddy Chidambaram is doing amazing job. In addition to that there are other factors which are helping his cause such as

1)Pakistans involvement in WOT which is diverting there intelligence agencies attention towards western borders.

2) Infiltration of indian spies into terror networks of pakistan, This is the most significant thing happened to India because of WOT .

3)US pressure on pakistan, This helped as far as pakistans support for the groups like LET,JEM is concerned.

:cheers:

India to resume military cooperation with Nepal

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

How will China react to the fresh agreement made in between the Government of Nepal and India that allows the Southern neighbor, China’s arch rival, to construct an Air Base for the Indian Air Force in Surkhet?

The Jana Disha Daily, the Maoists’ Party mouth piece dated December 7, 2009, claims that in the consultative meeting held between the representatives of the Government of India and Nepal, December 4-7, 2009, Kathmandu, the Nepali side has provided a clear go-ahead signal to India to construct the Air-Strip for the Indian Air Force.

It was earlier reported that India has already built air-strips deep inside Bhutan and an air-strip in Surkhet of Nepal will serve the Indian security interests in a much more enhanced manner, say experts. As per the agreement the government of Nepal will have to allocate some ten hectares of lands in the area to construct the Air Strip.

It was reported that during the visit of Nepal’s Defense Minister Bidya Devi Bhandari to New Delhi in July 2009, Mrs. Bhandari had requested India to construct the Air-Strip for Nepal Army.

“The very idea of constructing an air belt in Surkhet is basically not a Nepali brain. Instead, it is the Indian mind to build an air strip right inside Nepal from where the Indian regime, should an imaginary war with China becomes a reality by 2012 as claimed by Bharat Burma, an Indian defense analyst, could pounce upon Tibet that adjoins the Nepalese border”, claim Nepal’s analysts.

Surkhet is close to the tri-junction, Kalapani, where China meets India in Nepali territory. Nepal’s defense analysts claim that the Indian Army can strike the heartland in Tibet as and when India and China go to war. How China reacts to this "benevolent" Nepal, gesture made in favor of India will have to be watched.

ASIAN DEFENCE: How will China react to Surkhet Air Strip for Indian Air Force

---------------------------------​

Cunning Yindoos at it again! :angel:

Back
Top Bottom