What's new

Rare Pictures of Quaid-e-Azam.

Quaid-e-Azam.jpg

Quaid's Quotations

“If we want to make this great State of Pakistan happy and prosperous we should wholly and solely concentrate on the well-being of the people, and especially of the masses and the poor... you are free- you are free to go to your temples mosques or any other place of worship in this state of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion, caste or creed that has nothing to do with the business of the state... in due course of time Hindus will cease to be Hindus and Muslims will cease to Muslims- not in a religious sense for that is the personal faith of an individual- but in a political sense as citizens of one state”
Address to the Constituent Assembly of Pakistan, Karachi

August 11, 1947

“That freedom can never be attained by a nation without suffering and sacrifice has been amply borne out by the recent tragic happenings in this subcontinent. We are in the midst of unparalleled difficulties and untold sufferings; we have been through dark days of apprehension and anguish; but I can say with confidence that with courage and self-reliance and by the Grace of God we shall emerge triumphant.”
Speech at a Mammoth Rally at the University Stadium, Lahore

October 30, 1947

“You have to stand guard over the development and maintenance of Islamic democracy, Islamic social justice and the equality of manhood in your own native soil. With faith, discipline and selfless devotion to duty, there is nothing worthwhile that you cannot achieve.”
Address to the officers and men of the 5th Heavy Ack Ack and 6th Light Ack Ack Regiments in Malir, Karachi

February 21, 1948

“We must work our destiny in our own way and present to the world an economic system based on true Islamic concept of equality of manhood and social justice. We will thereby be fulfilling our mission as Muslims and giving to humanity the message of peace which alone can save it and secure the welfare, happiness and prosperity of mankind”
Speech at the opening ceremony of State Bank of Pakistan, Karachi, July 1, 1948

Last edited:
The Quaid examining the first coins of Pakistan issued by the State Bank.
Jinnah%2Bcoins%2Bpk.jpg

p0514010101%5B3%5D.jpg

Jinnah placed great importance on the youth and gave his advice to students on several occasions. At a public meeting in Dhaka on March 21, 1948.
quaid-e-azam-muhammad-ali-jinnah-037.jpg

he said:

“My young friends, students who are present here, let me tell you as one who has always had love and affection for you, who has served you for ten years faithfully and loyally, let me give you this word of warning: you will be making the greatest mistake if you allow yourself to be exploited by one political party or another…. Your main occupation should be — in fairness to yourself, in fairness to your parents, in fairness to the state – to devote your attention to your studies.”

It was his love of PAF which, on 13 April, 1948 brought him to the RPAF Flying School at Risalpur despite his poor health.
Accompanied by his sister, Miss Fatima Jinnah, the Father of the Nation arrived at Risalpur. He was received by Air Marshal Asghar Khan, who was then Wing Commander and Officer Commanding of the RPAF Flying Training School and reviewed the ceremonial parade that comprised Flight Cadets of 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th GD (P) courses.

As the Quaid stood before this small band of adoring PAF Officers and Cadets of his, fledgling nation's air force, despite his frail health, the air reverberated with his famous speech which became a source of inspiration for PAF in the trials and tribulations of the years to come. It must be quoted in full. He said:

'I am well aware of Air developments in other countries and my Government is determined that the Royal Pakistan Air Force will not lag behind.

Quaid-e-Azamat+Risalpur.jpg

Quaid-e-Azam_at_Risalpur.jpg

Quaid-e-Azam&

Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah with Baloch Sardars & Muslim league workers in Balochistan, 1934.

Quaid-e-Aazm%20with%20Qazi%20Isa_thumb%5B8%5D.png

Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah with Khan of Kalat at reception in the Quaid's honour, 1948.

Back
Top Bottom