What's new

RAFALE VS F-16 BLOCK52+

F-16 has taken down Typhoon.
Rafale will be nothing...
Its all about pilot capabilities...
lllollz great in ur dreams:rofl:
3)RAFALE'S SUPERB PERFORMANCE IN AERIAL EXERCISE WITH MIRAGE 2000 & f16:
RAFALESSUPERBPERFORMANCEINAERIALEXERCISEWITHMIRAGE2000f16.jpg

http://www.dassault-aviation.com/fi...resse/lbg07/defense/rafale/foxThree_nr_10.pdf

& see this

XIV)SWITZERLAND, LEAKED EVALUATION REPORT:

I) NWA PHASE I 2008 ANALYSIS WITH REAL FLIGHT TRIALS:
Swiss_eval_NWA1.png

Swiss_eval_NWA1_appreciations.png

II)NWA PHASE II 2009 ANALYSIS WITH REAL FLIGHT TRIALS:
Swiss_eval_NWA2.png

Swiss_eval_NWA2_appreciations.png

Swiss_eval_AP1.png

It is worth noting that the Air Policing mission, although important, is a quite low risk mission. In more challenging Air to Air task such as OCA or DCA missions where the target can be highly dangerous and where ECM/RCS become of primary relevance, the Rafale seems to prevail with a more comfortable margin.
http://kovy.free.fr/temp/rafale/pdf/12332.pdf
http://lignesdedefense.blogs.ouest-france.fr/files/rapport suisse.pdf
Rafale News: Switzerland, Evaluation report quick analysis

Do u still have something to say

They have done easy jobs...
Air to Ground missions.
Still I haven't heard of any air to air fights...
Yes they haven't faced any life threatening situation till date, but whatever little action we have seen of the Rafale shows that it is a well-versed platform and will prove to be a good fighter in almost any hand.
Mr Somnath999 , you should be a researcher.:thinktank:

They have done easy jobs...
Air to Ground missions.
Still I haven't heard of any air to air fights...
so has typhoon shot down f22 raptor??? :lol:
how many air to air fights typhoon has done

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Mr Somnath999 , you should be a researcher.:thinktank:
lolla i am researcher check out IDF (indian D### frum) ,plz call me Dr ??? plzzz

@Dr.:

RAF Eurofighter Typhoons 'beaten by Pakistani F-16s'

Pakistani pilots flying modernised versions of the 1970s-vintage F-16 Falcon fighter have beaten the RAF's brand-new Eurofighter Typhoon superfighters during air combat exercises in Turkey, according to a Pakistani officer.

Costs like a Raptor, flies like a Tornado
This interview [1] with an unnamed but evidently experienced Pakistani Air Force (PAF) F-16 pilot on exchange with the Turkish air force, posted on the official site of the PAF display team, includes the following intriguing passage. (Hat tip to the excellent DEW Line blog for flagging this up [2].)

Q: Any memorable experiences that you would like to share?
A: On one occasion – in one of the international Anatolian Eagles - PAF pilots were pitted against RAF Typhoons, a formidable aircraft. There were three set-ups and in all three, we shot down the Typhoons. The RAF pilots were shocked.

Q: Any particular reason for your success?

A: NATO pilots are not that proficient in close-in air-to-air combat. They are trained for BVR [Beyond Visual Range] engagements and their tactics are based on BVR engagements. These were close-in air combat exercises and we had the upper hand because close-in air combat is drilled into every PAF pilot and this is something we are very good at.

The Anatolian Eagle air-combat exercises are hosted by the Turkish air force and would have seen Pakistani pilots on exchange with the Turks flying modernised Turkish "Block 50" F-16s, a much-upgraded version of the original US made 1970s Fighting Falcon, which is now in service with many air forces and assembled under licence in various countries including Turkey.

Analysis
The RAF Typhoon, formerly known as the Eurofighter, should nonetheless have been vastly superior in air-to-air combat whether BVR or close in within visual range (WVR). The cripplingly expensive, long-delayed Eurofighter was specifically designed to address the defects of its predecessor the Tornado F3 – famously almost useless in close-in, dogfighting-style air combat. The Typhoon was meant to see off such deadly in-close threats as Soviet "Fulcrums" and "Flankers" using short-range missiles fired using helmet-mounted sight systems: such planes were thought well able to beat not just Tornados but F-16s in close fighting, and this expectation was borne out after the Cold War when the Luftwaffe inherited some from the East German air force and tried them out in exercises.

Thus it is that huge emphasis was placed on manoeuvring capability and dogfighting in the design of the Eurofighter. The expensive Euro-jet was initially designed, in fact, as a pure fighter with no ground attack options at all – bomber capability has had to be retrofitted subsequently at still more expense. Despite lacking various modern technologies such as Stealth and thrust-vectoring the resulting Typhoon is generally touted as being one of the best air-to-air combat planes in the world right now. Certainly it is meant to be good in close fighting: it is armed with the Advanced Short Range Air to Air Missile (ASRAAM) which as its name suggests is intended for the close WVR fight.

Perhaps the account above is simply a lie, or anyway a bit of a fighter pilot tall story. But the pilot quoted will be easily identifiable inside his community if not to the outside world, and he could expect a lot of flak for telling a lie on such a matter in public. It seems likelier that the story is the truth as he perceived it: that the RAF's new superfighter was thrashed in the very type of combat it is supposed to be best at by a 1970s-era plane, albeit much modernised.

It's always possible, as the anonymous Pakistani pilot suggests, that the problem was with the crews. It may be that RAF pilots simply don't know how to fight close-in. During the many years when they had no other fighter than the lamentable Tornado F3 (the Typhoon only reached front line service a few years ago) they may have lost the institutional skillset required for dogfighting with short-range missiles.

But in general when the British forces perform badly it isn't because of a lack of skills and training. It's far more normal for them to be let down by their kit. Based on this account, the Typhoon is actually worse than an F-16, and as a result an export Flanker or Fulcrum equipped with Archer missiles would beat it easily in WVR combat.

It would appear that the Eurofighter's last remaining selling point compared to modern US-made stealth fighters which cost the same or less [3] (or for that matter vastly cheaper ordinary non-stealth fighters like the F-16, F-18 Hornet etc) now has something of a question mark over it.

The Eurofighter hits just keep on coming. ®

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/06/08/eurofighter_beaten_by_f16/print.html
http://www.kalam.tv/ur/video/78911/index.html

I have said this also in my last post. It depends on your pilot... Indian pilots are unimpressive....
Pakistanis have also taken down Afghani, Russian, Israeli, and Indian jets.
It is up to you how you handle it...

@Dr.:

RAF Eurofighter Typhoons 'beaten by Pakistani F-16s'
listen mate this if u have posted it if india bought typhoon then that make a sense of pride for u guys but unfortunatley it is not
as india dumped typhoon

I have said this also in my last post. It depends on your pilot... Indian pilots are unimpressive....
Pakistanis have also taken down Afghani, Russian, Israeli, and Indian jets.
It is up to you how you handle it...
lllollzzzz yes even indian pilots flying in their vintage mig 21 which u guys call flying coffin had shown the US pilots in f15 how impressive they are. :lol:

lollz there also rafale is superior see here
XIV)SWITZERLAND, LEAKED EVALUATION REPORT:

I) NWA PHASE I 2008 ANALYSIS WITH REAL FLIGHT TRIALS:
Swiss_eval_NWA1.png

Swiss_eval_NWA1_appreciations.png

Rafale News: Switzerland, Evaluation report quick analysis

Look, I have worked with market research team and when you look for a product, no way that you can find a product with everything of high end performance, very rare. If you gain on one point for a product then you are disadvantageous on another point at the same time and the “Fittest” option/ product is what you look for. You can’t get a product of everything of top end in any product, you always have to compromise something when you switch from one product to another. You will never have luxury of differentiating products on black/ white terms, you will always have to deal with ‘Grey’ areas……..

And if Im not the man who has very good knowledge of aircraft industry, having only limited knowledge, and if I also find most of us are of same level, then discussing few small small terms to compare aircrafts is foolish, also because aircrafts are always proposed with upgrades on time to time, especially 4th gen aircrafts. Neither Australians are fool who buy Super Hornet, nor Turkish are fool who prefer F16s, nor German/ British are fool who swear for Eurofighter nor French also who rely on Rafale only for their future air defense. France isn’t buying even F35/ JSF also like other EU nations as they are confident only on Rafale for their future air defense.

Hence, with my limited knowledge in aircraft industry, if I have to chose the “Fittest”, best option for a multi role aircraft, then I would say if Rafale is costing so high but still the countries like Switzerland/ Brazil/ UAE are considering it even if they are offered with all the US’s and EU’s aircrafts, including JF17 which would cost hardly $35mil each, then I would say that Rafale is worth its price, the best option for a ‘multi role’ aircraft in today’s world. I mean, if JF17 is worth paying $40mil, F16s for $70mil, Super Hornet for $79.5 with fully loaded with missiles as per the recent deal of Australia, but Rafale is offered for $170mill but if still Switzerland/ UAE prefer Rafale for its price then it simply means Rafale worth its price. Rest, upgrades with aircrafts continue, its also true.

Just read the news below, if Rafale is considered for the 'new' price of $3bn for just 18 piece, around $166mil each, and they are still in race after evaluation of their performance then it means for that…………

Rafale Blowing Hot Again In Switzerland, U.A.E.?
Singapore Air Show » February 14, 2012 by Chris Pocock

February 14, 2012, 7:45 AM

Dassault has offered to adjust the Rafale package for Switzerland to reduce cost and prevent the confirmation of the Saab Gripen as that country’s new fighter. The move follows the leaking of the Swiss air force evaluation report on the competing fighters, which also included the Eurofighter. The Rafale was the clear winner of the SAF evaluation, with the Eurofighter second, but the Swiss government opted for the cheaper Gripen package. This was worth $3.4 billion and included 22 jets. The potential 'new' French offer is $3 billion for 18 aircraft, according to reports in the Swiss media.

Rafale Blowing Hot Again In Switzerland, U.A.E.? | Aviation International News

You guy should really compare Rafael with J10B F16B52 is 3 decade old designed

true but rafale is also much adavnced than j10b

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Look, I have worked with market research team and when you look for a product, no way that you can find a product with everything of high end performance, very rare. If you gain on one point for a product then you are disadvantageous on another point at the same time and the “Fittest” option/ product is what you look for. You can’t get a product of everything of top end in any product, you always have to compromise something when you switch from one product to another. You will never have luxury of differentiating products on black/ white terms, you will always have to deal with ‘Grey’ areas……..

And if Im not the man who has very good knowledge of aircraft industry, having only limited knowledge, and if I also find most of us are of same level, then discussing few small small terms to compare aircrafts is foolish, also because aircrafts are always proposed with upgrades on time to time, especially 4th gen aircrafts. Neither Australians are fool who buy Super Hornet, nor Turkish are fool who prefer F16s, nor German/ British are fool who swear for Eurofighter nor French also who rely on Rafale only for their future air defense. France isn’t buying even F35/ JSF also like other EU nations as they are confident only on Rafale for their future air defense.

Hence, with my limited knowledge in aircraft industry, if I have to chose the “Fittest”, best option for a multi role aircraft, then I would say if Rafale is costing so high but still the countries like Switzerland/ Brazil/ UAE are considering it even if they are offered with all the US’s and EU’s aircrafts, including JF17 which would cost hardly $35mil each, then I would say that Rafale is worth its price, the best option for a ‘multi role’ aircraft in today’s world. I mean, if JF17 is worth paying $40mil, F16s for $70mil, Super Hornet for $79.5 with fully loaded with missiles as per the recent deal of Australia, but Rafale is offered for $170mill but if still Switzerland/ UAE prefer Rafale for its price then it simply means Rafale worth its price. Rest, upgrades with aircrafts continue, its also true.

Just read the news below, if Rafale is considered for the 'new' price of $3bn for just 18 piece, around $166mil each, and they are still in race after evaluation of their performance then it means for that…………

HELLLLLLO !!!! what do u want to convey through the post

Oh so now, it's a 3 decade old plane, but just till a few days ago it could have beaten anything that flies.
Don't be foolish. F16 was and is a great plane. It brought a lot of new things on the plate that weren't there before it. It is still quite a handful today. But you don't just go comparing aircraft like that.
And there is no need to compare J10B with Rafale either. We all know that J10b has 'advanced avionics', it uses 'RAM coatings' and 'composites', and it has an 'AESA'.:lol:

Oh so now, it's a 3 decade old plane, but just till a few days ago it could have beaten anything that flies.
Don't be foolish. F16 was and is a great plane. It brought a lot of new things on the plate that weren't there before it. It is still quite a handful today. But you don't just go comparing aircraft like that.
And there is no need to compare J10B with Rafale either. We all know that J10b has 'advanced avionics', it uses 'RAM coatings' and 'composites', and it has an 'AESA'.:lol:
llollz and have so advanced avionics that even pakistan wanted to have french avionics on jf17 :rofl:

true but rafale is also much adavnced than j10b

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

HELLLLLLO !!!! what do u want to convey through the post

just one thing, that is, if countries like UAE/ Switzerland/ Brazil are offered with all the multi role aircrafts of US and EU, and if they consider an aircraft for $170mil each even if they have option of $70mil to $100mil aircrafts also with 'competent' capabilities, but if the aircrafts of $170mil each are also in race then it simply means it. I mean, if it may be worth paying around $170mil for 2 aircrafts, Rafale/ EFT, then it means they do have something in them, a logical argument :what:

just one thing, that is, if countries like UAE/ Switzerland/ Brazil are offered with all the multi role aircrafts of US and EU, and if they consider an aircraft for $170mil each even if they have option of $70mil to $100mil aircrafts also with 'competent' capabilities, but if the aircrafts of $170mil each are also in race then it simply means it. I mean, if it may be worth paying around $170mil for 2 aircrafts, Rafale/ EFT, then it means they do have something in them, a logical argument :what:
well they have their own choices we have our own ,but we know we choosed the right platform for us.

Really hard to comprehend. Anywho where did you get that figure of $170 mn for the RAFALE. If it includes all the spares, training packages, weapons package etc. then also keep in mind that F18SH recently went for $135 mn a pop in Australia.[ Though they bought a loooooooot of additional items]

Back
Top Bottom