What's new

Racism aganist Iranians in more Hollywood movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a damn movie, Iranians. Jesus Christ. Who cares how others view you guys. Just be proud of your own history; who cares how others portray you guys, especially in a movie. I've watched 300 and I've read about Persian history, it sure as sh1t doesn't make me think different of you guys; well apart from you guys converting to islam and all, but that's a different story. You guys have a rich and proud history, and by that I mean the legacy of Darius, Cyrus, Xerses, the exploits of Artaxerxes and much more!

It's just a damn movie, Iranians. Jesus Christ. Who cares how others view you guys. Just be proud of your own history; who cares how others portray you guys, especially in a movie. I've watched 300 and I've read about Persian history, it sure as sh1t doesn't make me think different of you guys; well apart from you guys converting to islam and all, but that's a different story. You guys have a rich and proud history, and by that I mean the legacy of Darius, Cyrus, Xerses, the exploits of Artaxerxes and much more!

I guess what you missed was that after we converted to Islam, we also produced scientists, philosophers, astronomers, anatomist, poets, scholars, etc... and great empires.

I guess what you missed was that after we converted to Islam, we also produced scientists, philosophers, astronomers, anatomist, poets, scholars, etc... and great empires.

I personally consider the empires and emperors to be "great" before you guys converted. Mind you, ancient Persians also excelled in science and technology.

This may not apply to you, but I've lived in North America long enough to know that most people get their information from movies and other entertainment media. Joe Blow down in Alabama may not have the faintest idea where eyeran or Persia is, because he never studied it in school. But next time an equally ignorant John McCain wants to bomb, bomb, bomb... bomb, bomb Iran, he may be more inclined to go with it. So this movie, along with the rest of the Anti-Iranian media wave will have an undeniable effect on public perception.

Remember, first rule of warfare: Dehumanize your enemy.

This may not apply to you, but I've lived in North America long enough to know that most people get their information from movies and other entertainment media. Joe Blow down in Alabama may not have the faintest idea where eyeran or Persia is, because he never studied it in school. But next time an equally ignorant John McCain wants to bomb, bomb, bomb... bomb, bomb Iran, he may be more inclined to go with it. So this movie, along with the rest of the Anti-Iranian media wave will have an undeniable effect on public perception.

Remember, first rule of warfare: Dehumanize your enemy.

Why dont you care how you are perceived in the Arab world? They are your neighbours and exercise more influence over you than any Western nation ever could.

Why dont you care how you are perceived in the Arab world? They are your neighbours and exercise more influence over you than any Western nation ever could.

So in your opinion Saudi Arabia, Kuweit, UAE and our other Arab neighbours wield more military and economic power in the world than the US and the rest of the Western world?

Prince of Persia is a factional movie based on a video game, with no historical roots or connection to Iran.

300 and the sequel are exaggerated story lines with a very ugly portrayal of our history and national heroes.

HUGE DIFFERENCE!!

If I make a fictional movie about made up person in America Vs. If I make a movie about national heroes of America, like George Washington.

I agree. I don't justify the damage done by that movie. Not many people know about Persians. I heard the name "Persian" when in UK. In Sri Lanka, I knew Iranians as Arabs to be honest. What I am saying is, why don't you Iranians promote your culture and engage with the rest of the world. If not the west, at least you should engage with the east. Besides, a greater damage done to your country by your current government than this movie.

So in your opinion Saudi Arabia, Kuweit, UAE and our other Arab neighbours wield more military and economic power in the world than the US and the rest of the Western world?

no... it means what US perceives you depends a lot on what the friends of US think about you, like israel, KSA, Kuweit, UAE etc..

My dear friend, I'm not a big fan of epithets, but how else would you describe an utterly foolish and senseless person?

Here, from the horse's mouth:

id·i·ot [id-ee-uht] Show IPA
noun
Informal. an utterly foolish or senseless person.

I don't think it's really meant to be disrespectful. It's just an apt description. Don't you think so?

Mate look, I don't want to insult anyone here. I respect your country and your culture. I have Iranian friends and I am pretty much familiar with your history. I am talking about how the rest of the world thinks about you (only if you care).

Hollywood is a global business. What makes you think , arabs will not watch 300?

I agree. I don't justify the damage done by that movie. Not many people know about Persians. I heard the name "Persian" when in UK. In Sri Lanka, I knew Iranians as Arabs to be honest. What I am saying is, why don't you Iranians promote your culture and engage with the rest of the world. If not the west, at least you should engage with the east. Besides, a greater damage done to your country by your current government than this movie.

We have, The Iranian government has spent a lot of money promoting our culture, and show the truth about Iran and Iranians.But western politicians sanction our media and cultural centers falsely accusing them of "terrorism"....

How does PressTV fund terrorism?? What about our national TV IRIB? why are these banned and sanctioned? the sanctions are so ridiculous and inhuman. They have NOTHING to do with the nuclear program. It's seems like they are trying to shut off any opposing views about Iran.

Iranians In America and Europe couldn't even watch soccer match in farsi from IRIB couple days ago, because the American government has banned all Iranian channels....

For soccer-mad Iranian expatriates, the question of whether to watch the national team is a no-brainer. The question of how has become more complicated.

In February, the U.S. government announced sanctions against the Iranian state-run television station, IRIB, which Iranian Americans had been able to watch by satellite. Other stations sometimes broadcast soccer, but IRIB had been the default option. Now, it is off limits.

Enter the Van Nuys-based satellite station PNG, which already had the Farsi-language rights in North America to the World Cup qualifying rounds. After the sanctions, the PNG broadcasts, anchored by Afrakhan and two other Iranian American media personalities, took on added importance.

"It would have been sad if such a large and influential community couldn't watch the games," said Ali Mansouri, owner of the Los Angeles Blues soccer team, who organized the broadcast. "It is like a religion, not just a game."

Source:Iranian immigrants cheer for homeland in soccer-title quest - latimes.com

They make fun of everyone other then them like indians make fun bad impact of Pakistan in there movies. It happens everywhere in the world except in Muslim countries like Pakistan and Iran etc..

no... it means what US perceives you depends a lot on what the friends of US think about you, like israel, KSA, Kuweit, UAE etc..

Well I think as usual you got it wrong... But the guy is capable of clarifying his point if necessary.

We have, The Iranian government has spent a lot of money promoting our culture, and show the truth about Iran and Iranians.But western politicians sanction our media and cultural centers falsely accusing them of "terrorism"....

All the good documentaries that taught me Iranian history were made by western media (BBC, Discovery etc.). Your government is doing nothing at all. Chinese are working hard to promote their culture. They make movies, hold cultural events etc. What did your government do so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom