What's new

Qureshi vexed at Imran over by-poll boycott: Sources

That is because an 'outsider' does not know the complexities of these so-called 'elections' in this country. Does an 'outsider' know that 45% of votes in this country have been declared as bogus and fake by the supreme court and still our by-elections are being held on same bogus voter lists? Does an outsider know that in recent by elections, an MP slapped a women staff of election commission just because she was not being accommodating?. Does an outsider know that our election commission is so impotent that in recent senate elections, the votes were literally sold for between Rs. 65 crore and 18 crore (depending upon the province) and still it couldn't do jack?

An 'outsider' does not know and perhaps would never know what is it like to contest election in Pakistan.

Ouch.... look I did not mean to hurt any sentiments of any followers of Imran Khan or did not want to question his sincerity towards Pakistan (even if I may not agree that Duff-e-Pakistan is a forum where he should be sending representatives).

However, the complexities that you quote are a part of every system. There is no time when any system could be bug-free (specially a system like a democracy). So the bogus votes are there in every nation and every election. Votes are bought in every election. MPs and ministers behave like morons in every election. All everywhere.

So the point is what is Imran Khan trying to do. Will be then wait for any authority to first clean up the system before he wants to be a part of it? Like the Judiciary or the Army? Then why exactly is he needed? Because a clean system makes all that he is professing totally redundant already. Does it not? Hence my humble point that he should participate to try and change the system by being in it. Else he can criticize all that he wants but it will be a case of sour grapes.

Ouch.... look I did not mean to hurt any sentiments of any followers of Imran Khan or did not want to question his sincerity towards Pakistan (even if I may not agree that Duff-e-Pakistan is a forum where he should be sending representatives).

However, the complexities that you quote are a part of every system. There is no time when any system could be bug-free (specially a system like a democracy). So the bogus votes are there in every nation and every election. Votes are bought in every election. MPs and ministers behave like morons in every election. All everywhere.

So the point is what is Imran Khan trying to do. Will be then wait for any authority to first clean up the system before he wants to be a part of it? Like the Judiciary or the Army? Then why exactly is he needed? Because a clean system makes all that he is professing totally redundant already. Does it not? Hence my humble point that he should participate to try and change the system by being in it. Else he can criticize all that he wants but it will be a case of sour grapes.

Dear It’s useless to talk common sense when its not common in common people….Leave it…!!

I dont think SMQ wud leave PTI anytime soon, he opted for PTI on sumone's instructions so as long as that "Sumone" wants him to be in PTI he has to stay.

I dont think SMQ wud leave PTI anytime soon, he opted for PTI on sumone's instructions so as long as that "Sumone" wants him to be in PTI he has to stay.

Guvera…You are partly right but if we go along on the same line than it’s already becoming a lost cause to a great extent and especially after senate elections, People on "important post" retiring in the same month alone, memogate becoming history and it seems now everyone consciously agree to let PPP complete its term as it is.

In the background of all above the SMQ constituency is occupied by none other than PM’s Son (with 93K Votes) and the goodies he will swamp in this constituency will ensure easily his re-election as well. PMLN’s vote bank in this constituency also increased….it will be now quite impossible for SMQ to take more than 100,000 votes alone.
All knows his major opponents not PPP or PMLN but Gilanees due to personal jealousy. So it’s better for him to make alliance at least with PMLN to oust Musa Gillani otherwise the seat would easily be win by him.

First, no body is getting emotional here. We are immune to such criticism.

Agreed that there are some bugs in democracies all over the world but 45% fake votes? Are you kidding me? Now imagine in a country where voter turn our has not been more then 40% ever, you think IK and his party gonna win with those 45% fake bogus votes that are in favour of two traditional parties? What you are saying has never happened before and probably will never happen that a sitting government looses in by elections.

Plus, like PML-N and PPP, PTI does not have unlimited funds. They have to use whatever is available wisely. No point in contesting these by elections when nothing is going to get changed even if you win 2-3 seats here and there. And I can bet on that PM's sons seat, even if Nawaz Shareef himself had contested, he was not going to win.

IK said from day one that he won't context elections under the current government. He is true to his word.

IK/PTI contest many elections including famous NA-55 and NA-128 under the same government and if my memory is not lost fully either in both or at least in one the honour is confiscated of PTI's candidate.

First, no body is getting emotional here. We are immune to such criticism.

Agreed that there are some bugs in democracies all over the world but 45% fake votes? Are you kidding me? Now imagine in a country where voter turn our has not been more then 40% ever, you think IK and his party gonna win with those 45% fake bogus votes that are in favour of two traditional parties? What you are saying has never happened before and probably will never happen that a sitting government looses in by elections.

Plus, like PML-N and PPP, PTI does not have unlimited funds. They have to use whatever is available wisely. No point in contesting these by elections when nothing is going to get changed even if you win 2-3 seats here and there. And I can bet on that PM's sons seat, even if Nawaz Shareef himself had contested, he was not going to win.

O.K but these bogus votes could be there in every election to follow!! Or is it gauranteed that these will not be there next time? Does that mean that Imran Khan will always be the promise and never the deliverance? Or then it brings me to the original assumption = maybe he is waiting for external (non-political) intervention. Because otherwise then, it is the chicken and egg story. That was all that I wanted to submit.

IK/PTI contest many elections including famous NA-55 and NA-128 under the same government and if my memory is not lost fully either in both or at least in one the honour is confiscated of PTI's candidate.

Wasn't this before the revelation that 60% votes were all bogus?

O.K but these bogus votes could be there in every election to follow!! Or is it gauranteed that these will not be there next time? Does that mean that Imran Khan will always be the promise and never the deliverance? Or then it brings me to the original assumption = maybe he is waiting for external (non-political) intervention. Because otherwise then, it is the chicken and egg story. That was all that I wanted to submit.

No they cannot! PTI had filed a petition in supreme court and honorable Chief Justice has directed election commission to make new and fresh voter lists on the basis of NIC cards. So we expect that next general elections will be held on those new voter lists.

Back
Top Bottom